Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

King Tut's meteorite knife

....... and   ??? 

Many ancient knives were made of meteoric iron.

Eskimos made beautiful modern looking cutlery out of meteoric iron and walrus ivory handles.

There were just limps of it laying around for the taking in some places - no mining, smelting or even melting as it could also be hammered out in some cases.

I saw a beautiful traditional Indonesian Kris with such a  blade,  whoever had made it used the internal patterns and layering of the meteor to enhance the blades strength (by alignment)  and appearance .

like this  ( but the one I saw much more complex and intricate with multiple swirls along the edge creating a  serrated  blade .... VERY sharp it was ) .

WE01781e.JPG

• Like 1

Maybe there is something special in the metal

Nothing too special about it except that it is unaltered metal that is 4.5 billion years old.  Nothing on Earth can match that.

meteor metals are fascinating, but in this case, you guys can take the knife, just leave me the sheath.  Pretty fancy goldsmithing there. 

• Like 1

That's one blade I would love to have in my collection.

a collector eh ? 

knivesgreen2.jpg

• Like 4

a collector eh ? 

Those are special.  I'm sure I could find a place for them somewhere in my collection.

When the Nazis sent an expedition to Tibet one of the artifacts they captured and brought back for Hitler was a Buddha statue made out of meteorite http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19735959

Maybe there is something special in the metal

It is curious about why exactly they went to Tibet? What is your opinion?

Did you ever hear they hired monks that could kill people in meditation? (just something I heard...)

I cant believe they got me with the old  Nazi meditating Tibetan death monk trick !

maxwellsmart.jpg

• Like 2

Death monks can bring it on I say.

But I have little use for a blade.

I don't like to cut.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

It is curious about why exactly they went to Tibet? What is your opinion?

Did you ever hear they hired monks that could kill people in meditation? (just something I heard...)

I don't really know, there are a few videos on YouTube about it, the Nazis were heavily into the Occult and were probably seeking some kind of spiritual power, the British had also been so might be concerned what they were up to.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this