Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

Intent vs Visualization

ashana-lovingkindness

choose  the one with the child facing the sun in pastel yellow with her arms stretched to embrace the world-

beautiful

backward three oral surgery

kitch-in-window

no wonder I can't get anything accomplished

cape flattery

in Washington state

will get me no where other than shi shi beach

on the Makah Indian Reservation

navigating over the driftwood especially on frosty mornings-not easy

hard nut to crack

imo, Visualization is focused intent. Intention is to ink as visualization is to a pen.

Intent (force) + visualization (form) = (manifestation).

You can not properly visualize without proper intent, they go hand in hand. visualization without proper intent is like writing with no ink, but intention without visualization is just a puddle of ink. The pillars of Boaz and Jachin.

• Like 2

Maybe we can look at it this way...

Intent - connecting directly as directed by the action/command of the mind

Visualization - connecting directly as directed by a picture within the mind

If I say to you: 

Breath - You will just do it... This is fully realized intent.  Intent so integrated with the body that one doesn't realize there is any intent, but it is there.  Visualization is not.

Breath through your arms down to your hands - Some may use intent alone but most will being to form a picture of the intention to breath down the arms into the hands... it becomes more a focused intent (which I think someone said)

I spent years with both and won't claim one or the other is more important as it always depends on context of what you're doing.

Both have their place, it really depends on the practice and desired goals/outcome.

My personal experience is that intent is likely always there whether we realize it or not, but we tend to add visualization.  

Sign in to follow this