AcEs

Hi

Hi all

Just want to say hi and am super excited to be here and to take part what the site has to offer.

• Like 1

Hello AcEs, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi AcEs,

Yep.  There's a lot of stuff offered here.  Some you will likely ignore and I wouldn't blame you a bit for that.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2

Hi AcEs - glad you found your way to us.  This is a nice, informative site with lots of friendly people.  Enjoy your time here.

Manitou

• Like 1

Thank you Manitou

I am looking forward to learn from the site, people here and get to know some of you and will have to see were the path here  leads me.

• Like 1

lol yeah cant wait to get to know myself more and get to know my real self.

How do you suggest i start?

• Like 1

I'd start with what's in front of you.  Find your part in any disagreement or rough edges in a relationship - don't be afraid to find out just how much we're controlled by ego.  Look for your part in it, be brutally honest with self.  This is called developing what some would call a 'Christ consciousness' (not in a religious sense, but in a transcendent sense)

My rule of thumb is in Lin Yutang's translation of the Dao De Jing, where he describes the 3 Treasures of the Sage.

1.  never too much

2.  never be the first

3.  love

This can always be held up as a mirror to ourselves, to see where we fall short.  #1 and #2 go directly to diminishing ego;  once that is done, #3 is there in its place.  Unconditional, nonjudgmental love for all sentient life - even non-sentient phenomena.

I'd start with what's in front of you.  Find your part in any disagreement or rough edges in a relationship - don't be afraid to find out just how much we're controlled by ego.  Look for your part in it, be brutally honest with self.  This is called developing what some would call a 'Christ consciousness' (not in a religious sense, but in a transcendent sense)

My rule of thumb is in Lin Yutang's translation of the Dao De Jing, where he describes the 3 Treasures of the Sage.

1.  never too much

2.  never be the first

3.  love

This can always be held up as a mirror to ourselves, to see where we fall short.  #1 and #2 go directly to diminishing ego;  once that is done, #3 is there in its place.  Unconditional, nonjudgmental love for all sentient life - even non-sentient phenomena.

Hi

I understand the ego stuff. I see my part in disagreement and understand the mirror stuff to but could you please explain the 1,2 and 3 a little more. Not to sure what it means.

Thank you

Love could get me in trouble, it has many times but i think that's  what you meant Marblehead.  :(

Edited by AcEs
  • Like 1

Not relative love, of a specific individual.  Love in one's attitude toward everything, that which replaces egoic thought and action. The Sage, because of his lack of excessive ego, dwells in a type of love, bliss, or joy.  This is the end result of hammering down excessive ego.

Never too much - moderation, not hoarding for self, not amassing stuff to excess.  Being happy with what you have (this is very contrary to Western thought, obviously).  It just depends on how much you want it, as to how much you're willing to eschew; lust for things, for wealth, for success (in Western terms), for fame, etc.

Never be the first - real helpful when you're in traffic and someone wants to cut in front of you, as an example.  Let them go first, squash your own ego.  Let someone ahead of you in line.  Just day to day stuff is where you start, it takes off from there.

Personally, I use all 3 of these as a mantra.  The Love thing has nothing to do with a relationship with another, although it certainly does include all our relationships.  It's the love that has replaced service to Self - it's been replaced by service to Others.  and the end result  of all this is true Humility.  I fall short often, although not as much as I used to.  It gets better the more one practices.  I guess I could say the Three Treasures are my 'practice'.

We need enough ego to stay out of oncoming traffic.  Obviously, it's necessary for self preservation.  Everything beyond that is subject to our desire to walk the Path.  Less is more.

Just depends on what you want out of this whole enchilada.  To me, it's a passion.  To another, maybe a pastime.

Thank you Manitou

Oh i see. I get what you say, the 1st one is like gratitude, To be grateful of what you have, i am very grateful and i feel i am very lucky to have what i do and i had the worst year of my life so far in 2016 but i still feel very blessed.

I have something in my life that i have a desire to be good at and yes there is money and fame involved but i have great passion for it and want to be successful in it, money is just a bonus. That is not a good thing i take it.

1 and 2  has got to do with love if you think about it, 1 - you get a sense of love when a person is grateful for everything a person has and 2 - you do something for your fellow human being as an act of love. Just my thoughts

I believe i got a message from my guides through Tv. and the message was "love is everything" and now i get the advice from you that gives the message of love too, makes it just more creditable.

So thanks for these rules

• Like 1

I have something in my life that i have a desire to be good at and yes there is money and fame involved but i have great passion for it and want to be successful in it, money is just a bonus. That is not a good thing i take it.

Don't feel badly if you actually earn money doing what you enjoy.  I often tell people to get a job doing what they would be doing as a hobby if they were already rich and famous.  That way they would be playing at their hobby and earning money for doing it.

• Like 1

Don't thank me.  Thank Lao Tzu  :)

there's a time and a season for everything in our lives.  If your passion lies with becoming very good at something and achieving wealth and fame at the same time, then that's the season for doing it.  Being truly human is to engage the passions of our hearts.  The passions change with the seasons of our lives.  Go for it.

• Like 1

Don't feel badly if you actually earn money doing what you enjoy.  I often tell people to get a job doing what they would be doing as a hobby if they were already rich and famous.  That way they would be playing at their hobby and earning money for doing it.

Thanks Marblehead, Manitou and Lao Tzu  :D

I heard someone say: If you do what you love for a living, you will never work a day in your life. 

At the moment it's still a hobby and made some money but not enough to quit my day job but i am still working on it. The last two years i have been working more on myself than my hobby. I am starting to get the passion back for it but i love working on myself and to find out who or what i really am.

• Like 2