Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Mod Memorial Day

Lying in bed today thinking about Memorial Day along with the recent drama on TTB....it occured to me that mods take on a similar role of warriors of the forum. By warriors I mean those whom protect and defend this tribe or village (country, forum, place of gathering....etc) by confronting, suspending and banning those whom don't wish to follow decent behavior and seek only to disrupt the peace of the forum.

As far as I know, no mod has ever died from the stress of defending TTB, but nonetheless it is without a doubt a stressful job that takes it's toll. So many thanks to the Warriors of TTB for there enduring service. Also many thanks for the Veterans whom have passed into the void on the battle field to secure our freedoms and way of life. Cheers.

• Like 12

Thank you mods for taking on an often thankless job. 

And let us raise a glass to the unknown mod,

lying somewhere in the electronic wasteland,

alone, embittered, having lost their mind,

burnt to a crisp,  trying to put out a flame war

on a philosophy site in a heated discussion about love. 

Here's to you,

you poor bastard.  :closedeyes:

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 13

It seems to me that the mods and admin are doing a great job, especially with the recent people who seem to be associated with morepieguy. It's true that the mods are like the law enforcement of TDB...it's a great duty to protect and serve.

Also, I'm glad someone on the forum mentioned the Veterans that are honored on Memorial Day. Thanks for remembering the fallen. Many of us take it for granted, or even question it...and some even desecrate memorials because of what they believe about this. But, honoring the honorable is virtuous.

• Like 9

Sign in to follow this