Sign in to follow this  
SpiritME

Sound

Hi there

I love listen to music and i feel like i can feel music in my soul. When listening to music i feel i go deeper in my mind and that i relax and forget all my problems.

I am looking for a meditation like sound therapy or a practice can do with sound?

Not really looking for a mantra meditation unless it's not unbalancing or un grounding, thank you

Edited by SpiritME
  • Like 2

Reichian therapy uses sound...also isochronic tones might be neat for you (search on youtube)...

• Like 1

what exactly do you mean by 

not unbalancing or un grounding,

?

and i personally dont like music because of its lyrics and rhythm that play ramdomly in your head at later times after listening to the song, id rather keep my mind quiet on the inside,

one specific type of sound that got me into meditation is, "psytrnace" music. i would recommend it, just youtube search it

what exactly do you mean by 

?

and i personally dont like music because of its lyrics and rhythm that play ramdomly in your head at later times after listening to the song, id rather keep my mind quiet on the inside,

one specific type of sound that got me into meditation is, "psytrnace" music. i would recommend it, just youtube search it

Thank you Songtsan, will look it up.

Mindtooloud, i see what you mean but not the lyrics but the rhythm that takes me deeper in my mind and it still's and quiet my mind like nothing else...I hate it when a song sticks like you say, just horrible but i just listen to a other song and it takes it's place.

Thank you too

Edited by SpiritME
  • Like 1

...I hate it when a song sticks like you say, just horrible but i just listen to a other song and it takes it's place.

I have a different way of dealing with that.  When a song sticks in my mind I just start singing the song and it takes only a minute or two and I get tired of hearing my voice, I stop singing and everything goes away.

• Like 2

I know a few people who like to listen to Krishna Das or North American flute music hen meditating.

Check youtube, they are there :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this