Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

Shepherds

We probably don't have many shepherds here but I'd assume shepherds were automatically great meditators due to so much time in nature and solitude.   Lending them time to become superb at sitting, contemplation, standing zhan zhang.  Plus nature and her rhythms are a deep teacher. 

• Like 3

I once had the goal to become a shepherd.  I practiced with cats.  I was a total failure so I gave up the goal.

• Like 2

I once had the goal to become a shepherd.  I practiced with cats.  I was a total failure so I gave up the goal.

to get experience, you should try being a moderator here.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Shepherds don't even have to meditate, because their job is so great, but they can if they want.

• Like 1

to get experience, you should try being a moderator here.

I wouldn't be a good moderator.  In my current beingness (Anarchist) everyone would be able to say whatever they wanted to say.

If I reverted back to my military days, no one would be allowed to say anything.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be a good moderator. In my current beingness (Anarchist) everyone would be able to say whatever they wanted to say.

If I reverted back to my military days, no one would be allowed to say anything.

Me too. On both points.

• Like 1

Are you considering a career as a shephard, mindtooloud?

Quite so, i just dropped out of college (not hy choice) and i always had this dream of becoming a shepherd (i think it started when i read the book The Alchemist), and dropping out of college made me realize i can do anything with my life. Like i have a clear page to write on. I talked with my father about it and he is supportive of it, he said he'd by me sheep and hire a someone to help me. Its either that or join a meditation school, but after some research i couldn't find a school i liked or a school at all.
  • Like 3

Were you a very strict army dude who shouted at soilders and tried to shape them?
  • Like 1

Quite so, i just dropped out of college (not hy choice) and i always had this dream of becoming a shepherd (i think it started when i read the book The Alchemist), and dropping out of college made me realize i can do anything with my life. Like i have a clear page to write on. I talked with my father about it and he is supportive of it, he said he'd by me sheep and hire a someone to help me. Its either that or join a meditation school, but after some research i couldn't find a school i liked or a school at all.

Sounds like a wonderful feeling of freedom, that sense that you can do anything with your life.

• Like 1

Were you a very strict army dude who shouted at soilders and tried to shape them?

I did occasionally shout but not too often.  I tried to lead by example mostly.

But still, there are people on this planet who need to be shaped.  The military is not a democracy and was never intended to be one.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this