dwai

Huang Sheng Shyan and the Five Loosening Qigong

I've been doing the song shen wu fa as presented by Master Huang Sheng Shyan (also popularized by many present day CMC stylists). I found they are very relaxing and do generate great amount of Qi in the body (or rather releases tensions, to let the qi flow freely).

One that I find very interesting is the penultimate one, where we bend at the waist and turn side to side (besides the shoulder rolls). I found that doing this seems to trigger bowel movements that are border-line alarming. Is this something to be worried about? I suspect that the twisting motion is massaging the organs, thereby triggering more peristaltic movement and is effectively cleansing, but I want to be sure. 

I've never had problems with constipation etc, so when I do this, I end up going to the bathroom 4-5 times a day. 

My apologies if the question is off-putting, but i'm curious to know. So I can teach this to my students too...

What I heard was that loose bowel movements could continue for a couple of weeks but after that they should normalize. If not - this could be an indication of an underlying issue.

Can you refer me to a youtube you are using (if any)? I've seen Mark Rasmus's and Adam Mizner's versions. As much as I liked Adam's version the music is so depressing there that I can't watch it.

• Like 1

What I heard was that loose bowel movements could continue for a couple of weeks but after that they should normalize. If not - this could be an indication of an underlying issue.

Can you refer me to a youtube you are using (if any)? I've seen Mark Rasmus's and Adam Mizner's versions. As much as I liked Adam's version the music is so depressing there that I can't watch it.

Master Huang Xingxiang Five Loosening Exercises - YouTube

Yeah I liked the Mark Rasmus version. I have a friend who learns from Patrick Kelly's student and he showed me too.

• Like 2

I've asked my friend who showed me this and he thought I was kidding with him. When I told him I'm serious, he said he'd ask his teacher.

I became more regular when I first started (only once a day, but it was pretty much guaranteed no matter how much I ate). Was doing those exercises but I'm not sure on any direct correlation to that part in particular.

These days I don't really do any of the 5 exercises. Just the up and down one that Huang created after the 5.

• Like 1