woodcarver

The need for total obliteration in America

In Daoism, something like total obliteration or extremes in general is something to be avoided and almost never done. Americans are not Confucianists and I'm finding it difficult to find the right balance in a place where people don't eat meals at a table.

Has anyone else experienced these same feelings?

Well, sure, the middle path is best.  Moderation.  We don't see that too much in America any more.

And yes, I try to stay home as much as possible.

American government and its people have become mostly reactive.  And the reaction is far too often to the extreme.

• Like 1

We have become incredibly careless in our thinking because we have not seen first hand the death and destruction of war and particularly civil war for a long time.

We hire out our Oil wars and drug wars to those we can bribe and those that often buy into the Patriotism spirit  -  and we have even made it illegal to show the body bags arriving during the "wars".

We also have another crowed that is simply aching for Armageddon - they have been embarrassed again and again and really need / want Armageddon and other pin-headed and selfish prideful desires in order to validate their cemented and rediculous beliefs based on ancient concoctions and enforced by the totally addictive "intermittent positive reinforcement".

Whole sections of the USA are now "nuts" off the chart - wanting "anything" but what we have now - not realizing just how far from reality hate radio and Fox news has taken them. We have laborers and workers voting for lower wages and greater income disparity in the name of Freedom. People hating group cooperation. Whole media empires owned by single persons and the everyday Joe fighting for their right to rig everything.

Nearly every so called Anarchist is simply wearing the fashion of the day and are as enterprising and original as toe jam. Yet they blast out a litany of general revulsion and quick easy answers that historicallly have never once been close to the mark.

Typical guy crap that gets lots of people dead and the tears flowing from all who are left to pick among the rubble.

Puffery is cheap and easy and the earmark of simple minded fashion - in reality - great things are on the march right here in the USA - it is in our midsection - what those who live there call "the heart of America" - it has never been the heart of America - it is at this time a cancer upon America - the hearts have always been on the East and West Coast where change and diversity is welcome. We have a midsection that is increasingly being radicalized - and armchair twits everywhere that play along with the ideas of apocalypse on the cleaner premise of leveling the playing field, with no idea what they are actually talking about.

Ridiculous ideas like self-regulation among businesses - you will only ever find good self regulation in a dictatorship - otherwise it is a mad rush to the bottom of the cookie bowl until the people rise up and want reason and law again.

• Like 4

Well, sure, the middle path is best. Moderation. We don't see that too much in America any more.

And yes, I try to stay home as much as possible.

American government and its people have become mostly reactive. And the reaction is far too often to the extreme.

I try to stay home, too.

I may be picking up reactive tendencies from the people around me naturally but I also find myself second guessing my behavior to the point where it no longer benefits me. Looking at the situation ultimately has brought up some questions.

We have become incredibly careless in our thinking because we have not seen first hand the death and destruction of war and particularly civil war for a long time.

We hire out our Oil wars and drug wars to those we can bribe and those that often buy into the Patriotism spirit - and we have even made it illegal to show the body bags arriving during the "wars".

We also have another crowed that is simply aching for Armageddon - they have been embarrassed again and again and really need / want Armageddon and other pin-headed and selfish prideful desires in order to validate their cemented and rediculous beliefs based on ancient concoctions and enforced by the totally addictive "intermittent positive reinforcement".

Whole sections of the USA are now "nuts" off the chart - wanting "anything" but what we have now - not realizing just how far from reality hate radio and Fox news has taken them. We have laborers and workers voting for lower wages and greater income disparity in the name of Freedom. People hating group cooperation. Whole media empires owned by single persons and the everyday Joe fighting for their right to rig everything.

Nearly every so called Anarchist is simply wearing the fashion of the day and are as enterprising and original as toe jam. Yet they blast out a litany of general revulsion and quick easy answers that historicallly have never once been close to the mark.

Typical guy crap that gets lots of people dead and the tears flowing from all who are left to pick among the rubble.

Puffery is cheap and easy and the earmark of simple minded fashion - in reality - great things are on the march right here in the USA - it is in our midsection - what those who live there call "the heart of America" - it has never been the heart of America - it is at this time a cancer upon America - the hearts have always been on the East and West Coast where change and diversity is welcome. We have a midsection that is increasingly being radicalized - and armchair twits everywhere that play along with the ideas of apocalypse on the cleaner premise of leveling the playing field, with no idea what they are actually talking about.

Ridiculous ideas like self-regulation among businesses - you will only ever find good self regulation in a dictatorship - otherwise it is a mad rush to the bottom of the cookie bowl until the people rise up and want reason and law again.

I am happy you are feeling your emotions.

• Like 2

I try to stay home, too.

I may be picking up reactive tendencies from the people around me naturally but I also find myself second guessing my behavior to the point where it no longer benefits me. Looking at the situation ultimately has brought up some questions.

I am happy you are feeling your emotions.

LOL!

Yes, same problem in Australia, a country where very few people sit down and honours food and mother Earth for nourishing us humans and the way it insults the Earth (the minister of Agriculture, the Cook). The Earth creates Qi and blood, Imagine how important this is!!!!!!! :(

Then we have the diet aspect, which deserves another thread.

Maybe they all could learn from the Chinese and how even some have trained their dogs to give grace before eating their meal:

:)

Edited by Gerard

I try to live my life proactively and avoid living a reactive life as much as possible.

But there are times when I just get too pissed off to let it go.  That's when I react.

I enjoy linking up with the Spirit of the Valley.  She brings peace and restivity into my life.

• Like 1

But there are times when I just get too pissed off to let it go.

Yeah, reading this thread gets me like that, but then I'm not a Daoist so I can't think in such a twisted manner.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Yeah, reading this thread gets me like that, but then I'm not a Daoist so I can't think in such a twisted manner.

Yeah, your brain would need a little realignment before you could claim being a Daoist.

Actually, "wu wei" allows for getting pissed off.

• Like 1

Yeah, your brain would need a little realignment before you could claim being a Daoist.

Actually, "wu wei" allows for getting pissed off.

I would never claim to be one :-)

• Like 1

LOL!

#LOL

Yes, same problem in Australia, a country where very few people sit down and honours food and mother Earth for nourishing us humans and the way it insults the Earth (the minister of Agriculture, the Cook). The Earth creates Qi and blood, Imagine how important this is!!!!!!! :(

Then we have the diet aspect, which deserves another thread.

Maybe they all could learn from the Chinese and how even some have trained their dogs to give grace before eating their meal:

:)

Thanks for the link.

I try to live my life proactively and avoid living a reactive life as much as possible.

But there are times when I just get too pissed off to let it go.  That's when I react.

I enjoy linking up with the Spirit of the Valley.  She brings peace and restivity into my life.

I'm really trying to be careful with being reactive but the minds of others thing is a real drag.

What the fuck is this shit

In Daoism, something like total obliteration or extremes in general is something to be avoided and almost never done. Americans are not Confucianists and I'm finding it difficult to find the right balance in a place where people don't eat meals at a table.

Has anyone else experienced these same feelings?

I would ask you the same question. What do you mean by 'the need for obliteration in America' ?

Some American are Confuscianist and others are not. Some Americans eat at tables and others do not. Does that mean you judge Americans as needing to be obliterated (which they don't), or that you think all Americans are trying to obliterate themselves (which they aren't)?

Sounds pretty twisted up to me, but, as I said, I'm not Daoist.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

I would ask you the same question. What do you mean by 'the need for obliteration in America' ?

Some American are Confuscianist and others are not. Some Americans eat at tables and others do not. Does that mean you judge Americans as needing to be obliterated (which they don't), or that you think all Americans are trying to obliterate themselves (which they aren't)?

Sounds pretty twisted up to me, but, as I said, I'm not Daoist.

I actually wanted to clear that up, thank you. I mean America may be a special environment where extremes are more necessary. Let me give you an examples so we can relate... You should be banned.

I actually wanted to clear that up, thank you. I mean America may be a special environment where extremes are more necessary. Let me give you an examples so we can relate... You should be banned.

Still not with you. People are people. I don't know what 'extremes' you are alluding to ?

As I said, I'm not Daoist, it was the strange title of the subject which got me interested. I usually walk right on by specific forums because I can't relate to them, or give advice about specific aspects of those practices.

I'm a little confused as to what you're talking about. Sorry for being slow.

The title says "The need for total obliteration", and you talk of difficulty in finding a balance. Are you suggesting a need for the obliteration of America, or Americans, or just specific things that happen in America? Or are you saying that Americans are far too concerned with a need for total obliteration?

• Like 2

The world really is a very complicated place and unfortunately it tends to be the case that our media makes it out to be a very simple one.  take your side and fight for the one true thing that the media represents to you.

This is a bad way of doing things, and in the best situation, the less people who die violently the better.

War is a terrible thing, poverty is a terrible thing, government and media propaganda are terrible things.

If you can change something without breaking it, that is much preferable to breaking it in order to change it.

Life is so precious, how can anyone wish for others to be injured.

The ultimate injustice is taking away the life of another simply because you feel uncomfortable.

Go for a run, get a girlfriend or boyfriend, read more books, meditate, go for a swim, have a beer on the deck with friends, do good things, help others do good things.  That is best.

• Like 3