Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

deforming feeling on my face when i meditate

This doesn't happen very often but when it does i start questioning reality,

when i meditate sometimes i would feel my face start deforming, my forhead would start moving downwards, my eye upwards. 

it reminds me of the smudge tool on photoshop. my eyes would be closed but i could feel my skin moving.

does anybody know what this is or why it happens or what it means?

just energy moving around and reorganizing, pretty normal during meditation. not something to worry about.

• Like 1

just energy moving around and reorganizing, pretty normal during meditation. not something to worry about.

so would i be right in saying 

"ohh so thats what energy feels like?"

so would i be right in saying 

"ohh so thats what energy feels like?"

everything is energy on some level. but yeah, especially if it's the sensation of things moving around.

• Like 1

everything is energy on some level. but yeah, especially if it's the sensation of things moving around.

thanks for the info,

your group says concierge. what are groups and how can i change mine?

yeah people who smoke weed are bad

not at all. Silly maybe if they are serious into meditation, but definitely not 'bad' in the sense of doomed or condemned to hell or anything drastic like that  :P  ^_^

• Like 2

From an Taoist energetic standpoint, marijuana burns jing, which is the foundation of meditation practice and general health and well being. If one wishes to be a serious practitioner, the drugs - even plant drugs - need to be markedly reduced from the diet (for some, periods of elimination are better).

The thing about mj is that it allows one to feel sensations that one would not otherwise experience. Whether these sensations are soothing, enjoyable, or disturbing depends on one's constitution. Ultimately, these energy experiences are not uplifting to one's spiritual growth. But can be fun, even stress-relieving, in the moment.

Edited by rainbowvein
  • Like 3

flares the mingmen fire...so if its a once in a while usage, not a big deal....but if you're a stoner, dont kid yourself about frequent use and its detrimental effect on the inner alchemy process.  its not helping you.  if you're serious about practice, drop the habit.

• Like 2

This doesn't happen very often but when it does i start questioning reality,

when i meditate sometimes i would feel my face start deforming, my forhead would start moving downwards, my eye upwards.

it reminds me of the smudge tool on photoshop. my eyes would be closed but i could feel my skin moving.

does anybody know what this is or why it happens or what it means?

The specific sensations you are describing are the magnetic fields / energetic fields expanding fairly considerably from the brow chakra and more exactly from the center of your head and slightly forward - and your description of those particular Initial sensations is a very good one. They are very strange sensations but a precursor to a much larger general magnetic center opening.

Good work

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Marijuana takes about two weeks to fully clear out of ones system. Generally muddles up practice clarity. Typically puts a light brownish yellowish haze in ones aura (and that haze can be seen for about two weeks)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

wilfred, on 21 May 2016 - 14:35, said:snapback.png

thanks for the info,

your group says concierge. what are groups and how can i change mine?

To answer your question exactly, that is NOT energy itself, as in chi or what william bodri would call 'wind chi', thats not it, but most likely you are feeling the chi moving inside the skin or something like that, in other words physical sensation not energetical. And yes small sensations like that are normal in the beginning, they dont signify anything special such as proper progress. It happens in meditation because thats what causes the chi flow to increase, hence staff happens as chi flow gets stronger / healthier :)

• Like 1

Hi joeblast :)

Depending on what your cultivation goal is, it could be a bigger deal than one might ever know.

Hope you are well --

as good as prince was at basketball, I'm pretty certain there's no way he was dunking without a trampoline :)

but when you're in a real game, there's no trampolines to be had :D

hope you are well also!

• Like 1

not at all. Silly maybe if they are serious into meditation, but definitely not 'bad' in the sense of doomed or condemned to hell or anything drastic like that  :P  ^_^

Yeah, not bad people, CT. :)

i was being ironic, marijuana is my whole life, i know nothing but marijuana and meditation

• Like 1

flares the mingmen fire...so if its a once in a while usage, not a big deal....but if you're a stoner, dont kid yourself about frequent use and its detrimental effect on the inner alchemy process.  its not helping you.  if you're serious about practice, drop the habit.

so how does the intake of marijuana affect meditation?

The thing about mj is that it allows one to feel sensations that one would not otherwise experience. Whether these sensations are soothing, enjoyable, or disturbing depends on one's constitution. Ultimately, these energy experiences are not uplifting to one's spiritual growth. But can be fun, even stress-relieving, in the moment.

i also believe smoking weed opens channels that would take lots of meditation to open otherwise, like getting really high can help with telepathy where as being sober its much harder from my experience.

The specific sensations you are describing are the magnetic fields / energetic fields expanding fairly considerably from the brow chakra and more exactly from the center of your head and slightly forward - and your description of those particular Initial sensations is a very good one. They are very strange sensations but a precursor to a much larger general magnetic center opening.

Good work

so this opening...can we compare it to the opening of a third eye? not that it was my third eye opening or not but is it the same concept?

so this opening...can we compare it to the opening of a third eye? not that it was my third eye opening or not but is it the same concept?

i also believe smoking weed opens channels that would take lots of meditation to open otherwise, like getting really high can help with telepathy where as being sober its much harder from my experience.

sure, in the same way that one might think he knows something about sex by having peeked through the keyhole of his parents bedroom at 5 years old and seeing them doing the deed..."ooh, bouncing on the bed....fun!!!"  :lol:

so how does the intake of marijuana affect meditation?

big clue in that first sentence of mine - you will never sufficiently calm the neural resonances required to make good gains so long as you are habitual user. flaring of mingmen fire will hamper efforts at establishing the foundation, establishing the dantiens.  if you plan on leaving your meditation at the "weekend warrior" stage, it probably wont harm you, but if you're looking to make your meditation a serious endeavor, well....get serious about it, then.  just dont kid yourself and say you're serious and try to walk both sides of the fence.

big clue in that first sentence of mine - you will never sufficiently calm the neural resonances required to make good gains so long as you are habitual user. flaring of mingmen fire will hamper efforts at establishing the foundation, establishing the dantiens.  if you plan on leaving your meditation at the "weekend warrior" stage, it probably wont harm you, but if you're looking to make your meditation a serious endeavor, well....get serious about it, then.  just dont kid yourself and say you're serious and try to walk both sides of the fence.

Hope Mindtooloud pays enough attention to these words. 

• Like 1

sure, in the same way that one might think he knows something about sex by having peeked through the keyhole of his parents bedroom at 5 years old and seeing them doing the deed..."ooh, bouncing on the bed....fun!!!"  :lol:

so if i smoke enough weed, won't the keyhole turn into a door?

so bottom line if i wanna dedicate my life to meditation and unlock my true potential and inner self....can't do it with weed?

so if i smoke enough weed, won't the keyhole turn into a door?

so bottom line if i wanna dedicate my life to meditation and unlock my true potential and inner self....can't do it with weed?

If weed was the answer, Dao Bums would be obsolete.  :D

Have you ever been to India, specifically to the regions around the Ganges? If you haven't i'd encourage you to go. Its your kind of heaven there im hazarding a guess. 

• Like 2

If weed was the answer, Dao Bums would be obsolete.  :D

Have you ever been to India, specifically to the regions around the Ganges? If you haven't i'd encourage you to go. Its your kind of heaven there im hazarding a guess. 

what good is weed if it pulls me away from my main goal? i always knew this day would come :/

in the back f my head i always knew weed wasnt the answer but i never wanted to accept it.

i thought of weed as a relaxer that would quiet my mind and help me meditate,

i knew eventually id have to quit weed to be able to meditate on a higher level but i never thought i would realize it so soon,

i thought it would be like when im old and wiser and stuff,  

:( you guys broke my illusion, i both thank you and am upset at you for doing that. 

• Like 5

what good is weed if it pulls me away from my main goal? i always knew this day would come :/

in the back f my head i always knew weed wasnt the answer but i never wanted to accept it.

i thought of weed as a relaxer that would quiet my mind and help me meditate,

i knew eventually id have to quit weed to be able to meditate on a higher level but i never thought i would realize it so soon,

i thought it would be like when im old and wiser and stuff,  

:( you guys broke my illusion, i both thank you and am upset at you for doing that. 

Do not think about what you are giving up, think of what you are gaining by not being clouded.

Best of luck.

:wub:

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this