Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

Fluoride

I have been trying to cut down on my fluoride intake (im talking mainly about the fluoride in our drinking water) because i hear it kills the pineal gland which plays a major role in opening the third eye. my question is do you think there is enough of a significant amount of fluoride in our drinking water (1mg per 600ml) to affect me as a spiritual being?

• Like 1

I did internet research years ago.  What I came up with is there is a sweet spot for Fluoride, a little bit is good for us.  Knock out fluoridated toothpaste and strangely tea (which is high, but I still drink it) and the little bit you get water is probably not bad.  

I never was able to find serious scientific research on the pineal gland and tend to put it into the urban myth category and I disregard many of the 'scare' sites in favor of scientific and general population studies.  I could be wrong.  Though its not like spiritual masters are against tea (that I know of), which tends to be one of the more concentrated sources.

• Like 2

I reduced my fluoride intake significantly for about a year as something of an experiment (swapped tap water for spring water and used non-fluoridated toothpaste) and honestly the only difference I noticed was the hit to my bank account when I I got a few cavities and had to go to the dentist :/

I've also never heard a comment on the fluoride thing from any actual authority on meditation/metaphysics, it's all dodgy new age/conspiracy websites, so for now I'll stick with protecting my teeth :)

• Like 3

Fluoride is a neurotoxin.

It has almost zero effect on teeth.

Except at higher levels it can cause fluorosis, which is epidemic in fluoridated water areas.

A recent study from Harvard found that fluoride reduces IQ.

Because that's really why it's in municipal water.

The dental stuff is just fluff for the citizens to ponder if they can.

There are far more cavities, and far more dentists, everywhere water is fluoridated.

And lots of idiots.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

I would still want to know why, if fluoride is such a big deal, has there never (to my knowledge) been a single comment on it from any of the great yogic/qigong/meditation/etc. masters? They talk at length at more or less all other aspects of people's lifestyle, but they never touch on the fluoride thing, and those teachers I've asked have all said it's not a big deal.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

Maybe the great are not that great.

How would we know from today's perspective?

Fluoride has been found to lower IQ by about 4-8 points.

Which is a good portion of the average person's mental capability.

Maybe the great are humorists?

Or - maybe they can't remember what that missing 4-8 IQ points were used for?

-VonKrankenhaus

Except at higher levels it can cause fluorosis, which is epidemic in fluoridated water areas.

There are far more cavities, and far more dentists, everywhere water is fluoridated.

And lots of idiots.

-VonKrankenhaus

VK, interesting post, are you able to provide links or citations to the lines that i italicized ?

Here are some introductory links:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html

http://fluoridealert.org/studies/brain01/

http://www.nmji.in/archives/Volume-12/issue-3/editorials-2.pdf

http://fluoridealert.org/issues/fluorosis/

Also:

• 84% of all adults have at least one or more fillings
  • Each adult has an average of 7 fillings
  • 31% of adults have tooth decay
  • 66% have visible plaque
  • 29% suffer from regular dental pain

Of course, there is MUCH more online.

I just do some quick links here to get someone started looking.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Maybe the great are not that great.

How would we know from today's perspective?

Fluoride has been found to lower IQ by about 4-8 points.

Which is a good portion of the average person's mental capability.

Maybe the great are humorists?

Or - maybe they can't remember what that missing 4-8 IQ points were used for?

-VonKrankenhaus

Ok but putting aside the question of what makes a master a master, I've never seen a comment on the subject from anyone to whom the title has ever been applied, or who could potentially qualify. Not one. That makes me raise an eyebrow.

As for the IQ thing, I'll check out your links after I go grab a meal, but I did some research on the subject and iirc the only study I found which showed a link between fluoride consumption and IQ demonstrated a 1 - 2 point deficit in areas of rural Asia where the natural drinking water contained 5 - 10x the fluoride levels put into our drinking water. And I really did try - I spoke to all sorts of anti-fluoride types and told them to give me their best stuff.

Generally speaking, I agree that there's a lot of nasty contaminants that gets into our body as a result of industrialization and our modern lifestyle that cause problems, but I just don't see the evidence that fluoride is one of the greater threats. But I will read those articles and follow up.

My hypothesis is that it was too subtle for them to notice. 

There are many energetic signals in this world. Defining and categorizing them all takes time and patience. And you have to have achieved yourself spiritually to be able to be accurate. Couple this with people's unique energy body makeups, the easiest answer is: energies affect each person differently. 

If it's such a subtle, tiny thing that even great yogic masters, people who've dedicated their lives to spiritual/energetic cultivation, aren't noticing it, then isn't it maybe being blown out of proportion?

• Like 2

Dont take as many showers, buy a shower filter. Brush teeth with baking soda and coconut oil. spring water or reverse osmosis + mineral supplemntation. Drink only 'good' water, dont drink store-bought drinks. Cant think of anything else at the moment....

• Like 1

And lots of idiots.

-VonKrankenhaus

I would think there are more influences on toothdecay .

In the Netherlands water is not fluoridated, but for long years children were given fluoridetablets ( me being one of them) Some twenty years ago they stopped giving children fluoride tablets and , if i remember well reduced the amount of fluoride in childrens toothpaste, also then warning parents that children may not ingest the stuff.

this latest generation of kids has an awful amount of cavities, from a young age, more and more children have their children teeth pulled ( under full narcosis...) because the amount of cavities and broken teeth is so big, with a lot of pain for the kids.

dentists are free of cost for children up to 18 years, i suspect that bad food and feeding habits are the rootcause of this.

Not to say I'm a proponent of fluoridizing. But imho it does have a hardening effect ( not only on the teeth) I keep using fluoridized toothpaste but mostly because of parodontitis, the tooth-necks are bare and the use of fluoridized toothpaste does help to keep them from rotting and reduces the sensitivity

• Like 1

And lots of idiots.

-VonKrankenhaus

what is it you are trying to say?

Re:

-----

"what is it you are trying to say?"

-----

Just that fluoride, being a neurotoxin, has made people,,, confused, and not so able to understand what people are saying.

-VonKrankenhaus

Re:

-----

"what is it you are trying to say?"

-----

Just that fluoride, being a neurotoxin, has made people,,, confused, and not so able to understand what people are saying.

:D  

• Like 1

I grew up with fluoride in the water and I still use it on my own teeth occasionally, but not daily.

I'm super sensitive to chemical exposure and I don't notice a problem from infrequent use.

• Like 1

I grew up with fluoride in the water and I still use it on my own teeth occasionally, but not daily.

I'm super sensitive to chemical exposure and I don't notice a problem from infrequent use.

I think with the toothpaste, there's such a minimal amount that it doesn't really matter. And if we brush lightly so as to not agitate the gums, and spit all the foam out completely and rinse, then we're hardly getting any exposure to it.

I noticed a decrease in effectiveness of fluoride free toothpastes...my teeth started hurting. Had to switch back to fluoridated varieties.

People who are trying to go fluoride free should probably consider a few other things: the water source for your shower or bath having a fluoride filter so it isn't absorbed through the skin or inhaled as droplets or vapors. Not cooking (rice for instance, or soup) with tap water, not eating at places that cook with tap water...and of course not drinking it ever (considering being out at public places where there are water fountains and you might be thirsty...having a coffee from the store, etc). I suspect all of those things are more hazardous than toothpaste. The toothpaste is only potentially bad for kids, who swallow a lot of it.

• Like 1

Package text on fluoridated toothpaste says if someone ingests a pea-sized bit of it, call a poison center.

Fluoride cannot "protect" against any condition that would actually be causing tooth pain.

Areas with water fluoridation and dentists doing fluoride treatments have the highest incidence of tooth decay and expensive dental work being done.

The very people convinced that fluoride has "helped" them pretty much all have lots of fillings, crowns, veneers, root canals, etc, etc.

But, apparently, little facility left to notice.

Anyone who thinks water fluoridation was enacted to promote dental health has obviously had enough.

It is like lead or mercury in terms of being a neurotoxin.

If lead or mercury were found to harden tooth enamel by 1%, would people accept it being put in toothpaste and water for their "dental health"?

YES.

People are that unknowing.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

You can get fluoride-free toothpaste. ;)

I make my own out of coconut oil, clove, and baking soda...never buy toothpaste again...I might also add calcium magnesium powder...and I dont spit it out, I swallow it...everything in it good for the system

Sign in to follow this