mindtooloud

Do you believe in telepathy?

I've experienced (or at least i think i did) telepathy a few times, and every time it felt so natural and smooth.I was just wondering if i am the only one who believes telepathy is real or if any of you share this commonality with me.

• Like 4

Yes I do believe in telepathy!

Edited by Junko
  • Like 1

If I say 'yes', how do I know you didn't plant that answer in my mind  :D

• Like 1

If I say 'yes', how do I know you didn't plant that answer in my mind  :D

i never said yes. yes is your own answer :)

yes

do you know of any exercises that would help us work towards achieving telepathy at will

?

I have enough difficulty "reading" my own mind-- how in the world would I be able to "read" someone else's mind?

• Like 3

I have enough difficulty "reading" my own mind-- how in the world would I be able to "read" someone else's mind?

what do you mean by "reading my own mind"? im interested in this

do you know of any exercises that would help us work towards achieving telepathy at will

?

No, it just sort of happens to me, sometimes. I'm not in control of it.

it's not ' reading' either, it feels as a shared awareness, mostly i only become aware because of people telling me," how do you know that" or some such.

Sometimes i am aware, because then thoughts or images come to me that are so strange to me that they cannot be my own. 

And it's not as nice as you seem to think,

How would you feel if i could " read' your mind, with all the shit you're harboring there, the fears and the anger.... ( just like me , no offence meant) and what then do you do when you "see" those secrets of other people.

If anything I would like to learn how to close it off.

It doesn't really mean anything-- I'm just referring to the typical everyday chatter that I'd in my own mind (the so-called "monkey mind").

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the paranormal doesn't exist, but I've had no experience with anything like that-- it has never made much sense to me.

So recently while meditating I started getting very strong sensations in the third eye area, so I brought full focus there. After a moment I began "receiving" a lot of words, sounds, feelings, etc. I dismiss this as a form of hypnogogia because It happened too soon and I wasn't very relaxed. I was surprised how vivid and clear everything was. It was like I was turning a radio dial and "picking up" different channels.

Microcrystals in the pineal gland? Like a good old fashioned crystal radio?

Edited by Rakiel
  • Like 2

I was going to write- You tell me.

Seriously, like many siddhi's, I think it exists but is generally not a consistent easily called on experience.  Thus at times it happens, but even for those gifted its not an on demand kind of thing. 

• Like 2

I was going to write- You tell me.

Seriously, like many siddhi's, I think it exists but is generally not a consistent easily called on experience.  Thus at times it happens, but even for those gifted its not an on demand kind of thing. 

Might make for an interesting watch if you want an alternative perspective on the ability to "train" for siddhis :) It's a speech by a physicist who was involved in the US military/intelligence services' remote viewing programs for 25 years, and he concludes that at least some abilities (in his particular case, remote viewing, including precognition I suppose, as he claims they would frequently see into the future) can be trained reliably in almost anyone without a huge amount of effort.

I only came across it a few days ago so I can't exactly vouch for everything he says, but it lines up with what I've heard from other people involved in such programs (The Monroe Institute, Institute of Noetic Sciences, etc).

As for telepathy, I've never experienced it, but given what I have experienced, it seems quite likely.

• Like 3

Yes.  I think this is just a natural human ability, and one of the first abilities that start to perk up with many kinds of spiritual practice.  During times when I´ve been working hard spiritually, I definitely notice an increased perceptiveness as to what is going for other people. I´m not claiming that I´m ready to be put in a sound proof booth and start guessing what number the guy on the other side of the wall is thinking -- nothing like that, though I don´t doubt that´s possible as well.  But what we call telepathy falls along a continuum.  At the lower end of the spectrum it´s just cultivating especially sharp interpersonal empathy.  

• Like 1

I've experienced it before, several times. One time was for something like 10 minutes straight with an ex girlfriend. Quite amazing in some ways. I think that there is a sort of "messenger service" involved.

• Like 2

No, it just sort of happens to me, sometimes. I'm not in control of it.

it's not ' reading' either, it feels as a shared awareness, mostly i only become aware because of people telling me," how do you know that" or some such.

Sometimes i am aware, because then thoughts or images come to me that are so strange to me that they cannot be my own. 

And it's not as nice as you seem to think,

How would you feel if i could " read' your mind, with all the shit you're harboring there, the fears and the anger.... ( just like me , no offence meant) and what then do you do when you "see" those secrets of other people.

If anything I would like to learn how to close it off.

i disagree, itis quite an amazing power if you learn to control it, if you do it with someone who is in control of their thoughts all the fears and anger wont be as apparent. if two people are doing it, its not really any different from a conversation, except instead of mouth words you use mind words. and just like you chose what words will leave your mind you chose what words or images will leave your mind. if used properly it is very beneficial. no offense

• Like 1

I've experienced it before, several times. One time was for something like 10 minutes straight with an ex girlfriend. Quite amazing in some ways. I think that there is a sort of "messenger service" involved.

were you on any drugs when you experienced any of them?

i disagree, itis quite an amazing power if you learn to control it, if you do it with someone who is in control of their thoughts all the fears and anger wont be as apparent. if two people are doing it, its not really any different from a conversation, except instead of mouth words you use mind words. and just like you chose what words will leave your mind you chose what words or images will leave your mind. if used properly it is very beneficial. no offense

yes, i agree with that, but only if you can control it, that being the hitch...

• Like 1

yes, i agree with that, but only if you can control it, that being the hitch...

yes but everything in life needs to be learnt how to be controlled before we can fully manifest its powers and be bale to use it to our benefit. 

for example everyone has chi, not everyone can control it but once you learn how to control it it can change your life around, before someone learns how to control their chi, its could be just flaunting around throwing one into moodswings and etc.

a simpler example to learn how to drive a car. a car is no good if you dont know how to control it. life is a hitch.

were you on any drugs when you experienced any of them?

Yes, some of the time. The drugs allowed a more clear, more verbal exchange, whereas when sober, it was more visual (visual mind object).

• Like 1

Telepathy exists.

It is not intuition nor vague feelings and the ability to clearly feel others - we tend to muddle this up with other vague notions.

It is "clear hearing" and it is most strikingly when you hear in complete sentences what someone is about to say - you hear the formulation of their thought - it comes across as them talking to you exactly as you speak with anyone - just without physical verbal sound waves.

Cats and horses are able to do this with you as well. Though they generally only "speak" in short sentences or single words - in perfect clear English if that is the language they know. (I cannot answer if we/they have a sort of universal translator going on but telepathy with them is as crystal clear as with humans).

In telepathic communication (exchanges) it is as though the other person or being is talking into the center of your head. It sounds just like you hear normally except with perfect clarity regardless of outside noise or your physical hearing abilities.

This is also true of other "clear hearing" abilities - beautiful elegant sounds - the sounds of the animal bodies - male and female - the different racial vibrations.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4