Clear'Waters

Cinnabar's Mercury and Lead's Silver

Hello fellow practitioners, I am new in the daoist community and have only been practicing for 8 months with the Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu by Wang Li Ping translated by Richard Liao. I am interested to learn new things to help supplement my practice. Currently, I have been practicing Yin Xian Fa in mostly full lotus (because im a try hard) recently. A lot of times my knees would not cooperate with me so i would go half lotus. Besides that, i have also tryed the first section of Tai Yi Jin Hua. Other than practice, I am currently in highschool, finishing my junior year. If there is any advice to anything from meditation, sitting, or even school, I would be grateful for someone to reply :-D

• Like 4

Hello ClearWaters, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi ClearWaters,

The only thing I will suggest here, because of your age, is that it would be very beneficial if you find a form of meditation that works well for you.  (We really do need to leave the real world now and then for short periods of time so that our monkey mind will shut the heck up.)

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Advanced stuff for one so young.  Good for you, but remember to stay grounded.  You'll find some people on similar paths here.  Taomeow is very knowledgeable about Wang Li Ping, taken seminars with him and written up how the experience went.  You can look up her writings. 

• Like 3

Hello fellow practitioners, I am new in the daoist community and have only been practicing for 8 months with the Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu by Wang Li Ping translated by Richard Liao. I am interested to learn new things to help supplement my practice. Currently, I have been practicing Yin Xian Fa in mostly full lotus (because im a try hard) recently. A lot of times my knees would not cooperate with me so i would go half lotus. Besides that, i have also tryed the first section of Tai Yi Jin Hua. Other than practice, I am currently in highschool, finishing my junior year. If there is any advice to anything from meditation, sitting, or even school, I would be grateful for someone to reply :-D

search around for stretches on full lotus here, there's some good threads - its more about opening the hips than to do with the knees.

learn to attenuate the  signal generated by the olfactory nerve by dropping the flow of air beneath the threshold of turbulence in the air passageways - do not use structures that touch air to accomplish this, use the diaphragm and pull from the lower rear attachment points, see anatomical drawings.

work on breath timing, get your breaths to 30 seconds, 45 seconds, a minute - remember ohm's law and minimize the resistance....there's a very good reason breathwork is the first thing to work on.

• Like 3

Advanced stuff for one so young.  Good for you, but remember to stay grounded.  You'll find some people on similar paths here.  Taomeow is very knowledgeable about Wang Li Ping, taken seminars with him and written up how the experience went.  You can look up her writings. 

Thank you alot.. I will make sure that I search her up..

search around for stretches on full lotus here, there's some good threads - its more about opening the hips than to do with the knees.

learn to attenuate the  signal generated by the olfactory nerve by dropping the flow of air beneath the threshold of turbulence in the air passageways - do not use structures that touch air to accomplish this, use the diaphragm and pull from the lower rear attachment points, see anatomical drawings.

work on breath timing, get your breaths to 30 seconds, 45 seconds, a minute - remember ohm's law and minimize the resistance....there's a very good reason breathwork is the first thing to work on.

I appreciate your advice.. I have been having a little trouble with constituting equal inhales/exhales. I seem to hold my inhales longer and when it is time to exhale i no longer have any breath. Also i will work on opening my hips.. Thank you again

make it one continuous motion; blur the distinction between inhales and exhales, smooth out that motion.  when brought to its logical conclusion it will convey the same quiescence as short periods of not breathing, except this way its sustainable and you wont have hypoxia creeping up on you quickly.

make them roughly equal but dont go crazy trying to get them exactly equal.  support the exhale with abdominal motion centered at the qihai, support the exhale with perineum motion centered at the huiyin.  roll the top of the exhale smoothly into the descent of the inhale.

use some ear plugs here and there, or  can also  lie back in a warm bath and let the water against your eardrums to see how loud you're breathing, you can use those crutches to help get more sensitive feedback on how loud (=how much turbulence) the breath is.

• Like 1

make it one continuous motion; blur the distinction between inhales and exhales, smooth out that motion.  when brought to its logical conclusion it will convey the same quiescence as short periods of not breathing, except this way its sustainable and you wont have hypoxia creeping up on you quickly.

make them roughly equal but dont go crazy trying to get them exactly equal.  support the exhale with abdominal motion centered at the qihai, support the exhale with perineum motion centered at the huiyin.  roll the top of the exhale smoothly into the descent of the inhale.

use some ear plugs here and there, or  can also  lie back in a warm bath and let the water against your eardrums to see how loud you're breathing, you can use those crutches to help get more sensitive feedback on how loud (=how much turbulence) the breath is.

This definately makes more sense.. Usually if i get deeper into meditation, my breathing would feel light and as one continous motion.. I will be sure to implement this within my practice as soon as possible.. Thank you once again for your knowledge and advice...

• Like 1