Sign in to follow this  
Veezel

On matters of Self Discipline...

I've been thinking lately... A childish heart is frivolous. That's a fact, and I don't think anyone could argue with that.

There had been lots of people who said, "Become a child! Childishness is the way to be!"

However, when we as people attempt to accomplish something meaningful, we need to be self-disciplined. And this means that we must push against our childish tendencies in order to get anything done.

At the same time, our hearts urge us to be like a child. It wants us to have fun and be merry all the time. Is such a path what we are looking for? I know for a fact that whenever I let my childishness run loose, bad things happen, at least sometimes.

Is the Way paved with painful resistance against our childishness? Or are we all meant to live like a rockstar?

Perhaps it's a semantic thing, but I believe the idea is to be child-like, not childish.

Very different states of being.

For many people of all ages, being childish comes quite naturally, but it takes a lot of self-discipline to be child-like.

• Like 3

Re:

-----

"How does one become child-like?"

-----

It's super-easy.

First, get two drunk people - one male, one female.

Expose them to media.

During the gestation, form inside a mother who is watching TV.

She will build you to match hormonal experiences she is having with fictions.

Preparing you to accept a fictional world.

Be sure to cut umbilical cord immediately - this causes brain lesions and lifelong immune problems.

Make sure they wash you - to erase your mother's smell and recognition.

Be sure to get circumcised - because it's important that you be warped by massive unexplained trauma.

Get in "day care" - so authorities representing corporations have their way with you.

In other time you have, sit in front of a TV or "device" for programming.

Then get in school for 14-16 years of heavy brainwashing.

That's just some of what goes into modern "child-like".

Millions upon millions are doing it.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Here is my take on it:

If you can take a matter as seriously as a child who is playing, you have become child-like.

That does not mean the matter should be taken lightly. In contrary, for a child, playing is a extremely important business.

• Like 1

not sure about becoming anything

but when embracing, or embodying the childlike

I nurture any instinctual curiosity

foster authentic presence (lack of pretense)

embody full, undiluted expressions

release into dilution of self in play/environment/moment

• Like 1

I've been thinking lately... A childish heart is frivolous. That's a fact, and I don't think anyone could argue with that.

There had been lots of people who said, "Become a child! Childishness is the way to be!"

However, when we as people attempt to accomplish something meaningful, we need to be self-disciplined. And this means that we must push against our childish tendencies in order to get anything done.

At the same time, our hearts urge us to be like a child. It wants us to have fun and be merry all the time. Is such a path what we are looking for? I know for a fact that whenever I let my childishness run loose, bad things happen, at least sometimes.

Is the Way paved with painful resistance against our childishness? Or are we all meant to live like a rockstar?

Hi Veezel,

I believe the term is in reference to being in the present moment.

A child doesn't dwell in the past nor is the child lost in daydreams of the future. If startled by an upset it is able to let it go and return to the present.

So be like a child and learn to let go and be in the present moment.

All the best,

Tom

• Like 2

Once I was in a movie, watching SALT and eating popcorn, and I said to some of my inner world who I was in a close phase with at the time:

Me: Is this a problem? Violence, negativity? Terrible popcorn? I should eat healthy and be more peaceful?

The response was (I blogged it or I wouldn't remember the detail): 

What matters more is that you “live”. Keep your attention fully in the present, as completely as possible. Let experience come about and come to you, and meet it with real interest and clear integrity.

Of course you don't need to believe the voices in my head, ha -- but the answer worked for me then and now.

RC

• Like 4

That's a good question there.

When someone is playful or goofing around someone might say "he is like a child" but mind you the person who said it is also like a child and if you say this to the person he might say "no I'm not like a child" meaning he is way more serious than that but the deal is that this person was actually serious as well when he was a kid. This personality develops very early in our lives almost around when we were younger then 5 and its like our personal signature in relating with the world.

You already are a child, if you have 30years you are also 30years old and you are 20years old and 5years old, with the difference that your current self is the sum of your work with the world so you might feel its the one taking the lead. So far you have done a good job of teaching your inner child about the world and when people say to be like a child it means to let your inner child guide the big guy as only children can heal the broken wings of angels in this dimension, nobody else can teach you this.

Childish and being like a child isn't the same, childish is like being too much of a clown while children are honest, simple, playful, loving beings. You already are a child, don't forget this as many dark forces want to disconnect us from this important part of ourselves starting from our childhood. The real leader in you is a merged being where the kid and the big guy rock as one good as they are. It's not an easy task and it takes a lifelong struggle to achieve it, but this is what the heart path is about, all other "hearts" are just the hearts of big guys. God is infinitely small and infinitely big and he speaks to us all the time even when there is war inside our hearts and yet somehow he is "out there" dreaming magnificent dreams.

The End..

:D

PS. the adults are sober and patient (self-disciplined) while the children are sweet and cunning. These modalities are to be used together in a balanced way so they don't turn into negative traits.

Edited by Baloony

My take, its good to carry your past ages with you.  Be able to revert to child, teen, young adult, current age, even project yourself into the old age viewpoint.   Its rejuvenating to be with a toddler, spread out your feet, roll a ball back and forth.  And that rejuvenation is powerful.  The rebellion within teens is powerful.  A young adults drive and naivety is powerful. 

So, in my mind, pull out the child at times.  Eat the ice cream, consciously do the stupid pointless things, indulge..sometimes.  Have fun for fun's sake.  Laugh, play, be childlike, at times.  Don't lose the spirit, ever.

At times, daily, weekly.. roll up your sleeves, be serious and disciplined, learn and accomplish.  There is a time for play and a time to put away childish things, but not permanently.  For me the good life, much to the chagrin of my children, is replaying my youth, sometimes. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this