Dissolution

Trouble feeling energy

I'm doing Goenka style vipassana (which as I learned is qi gong) and I'm able to feel energy moving on the surface of my skin. The problem is, I can't penetrate the inside of my body with awareness. I want to dissolve blocks, but I feel that my body is just one big block. 

How do I go about this problem? Can you recommend any techniques to increase my perception? 

Interestingly, sometimes when I wake up during night, I feel vibratory balls of awareness in my body and I'm able to move them around and 'feel' dark areas and dissolve them. Unfortunately this last for short moments as I fall asleep again :(

• Like 4

I gently suggest that during and after you sit, focus on what you do feel, rather than what you do not. Do not let your mind get caught up in what you believe the meditation should be. It has been my experience that the more I focus on something that I have been told will happen, and the more I want it, the further away it seems to be. Just allow the experiences to unfold, let the energy do the work, not grasping at or attaching to any sensation; allow it to unfold, being open in mind and body.

Keep practicing, keep breathing, you will get there.

Much love :)

• Like 2

I want to dissolve blocks, but I feel that my body is just one big block. 

Like what Kar3n said, try moving from the perspective that your body is a relaxed, empty vessel.  Like a cup with no water or a sheet of paper with no writing or drawings.  The more you relax, the better your energy will flow.

How do I go about this problem? Can you recommend any techniques to increase my perception?

Increased perception comes with patience and practice.  Don't give up early!

One thing that might help speed up the process is meditating on the 5 senses.

Edited by kio

awareness builds as ignorant energy (where you can't feel anything) is broken down. if you want to train your mind faculties and build up your concentration/mindfulness then place equal attention on the areas you can't feel as you can feel and keep doing it. an effective practice that does this (can't easily be taught on the internet) will start to penetrate deeper and deeper and before long you'll be feeling a lot more than you felt before, as well as cultivating various qualities of mind.

but moving awareness around the body in balanaced way is the key. you need to let your concentration stabilize in areas where there seemingly isn't much going on. i'm sorry but the people saying just do nothing, let your mind do what it wants etc, that's great but it's not a proper training of the mind that's gonna lead to results. we do need to be equanimous to anything we can feel, but we also need to restrain the mind and reorganize our energy (get grounded) as a foundation.

Edited by wilfred

good advice's here, I'll add few as well

use internal hearing along with feeling energy. if you use seeing then when you feel energy just look in the direction beneath that feeling (deeper into body) or look for it outside and then from the outside go inside the body as if its also outside (the same territory). allow the feeling you are familiar with already to change along as you do your practice.

the thing you feel on the surface is most probably the physical energy which again you will find on the inside of the "physical container". you can also turn those feelings away from the physical body perception (awareness changing) as you begin to see light when you feel them. this light is part of the luminous body - mystical body that you can embody as yourself, just like your mind is doing it when you drive the physical reality as yourself.

realization that you can change levels of awareness will make you fluid, it will bypass the mind which tries to inflict every move and practice we go about. if you concentrate on the big block you could feel it go soft if you accept it, but if you worry about a big block then maybe you are focusing on worrying instead. dissolve worrying about worrying first, then accept worrying as part of the experience. then go for other things, big blocks, small blocks..

• Like 1

I want to dissolve blocks, but I feel that my body is just one big block. 

Based on my own experience, and also Paramhansa Yogananda's teaching about how to enhance intuition (perception), I recommend you try what I call non-meditation.

The way Yogananda put it was, after you finish your practices, just sit there.

Non-meditation is: no effort, no technique.

The reason this dissovles blocks is because you should be completely free and natural when you do it, and energy is released without any conscious effort.

Two ways of describing this utterly simple technique are to be like an animal......animals just ARE, they're totally natural and therefore free. And secondly, one time I described this to a person and he said, "Like me when I'm driving my car."

When most people are driving, their minds are very natural, it's like a meditation. There's no compulsion to control the mind, and no effort. The mind is completely natural. Thoughts come and go without conscious effort.

I've found that doing this is a great way to release negative energy, including blockages. I've been upset or angry before and done this, and the negative emotion just naturally leaves. I almost always feel 100% better afterwards.

It sounds overly simple, but I've found this way of meditating to be extremely effective.

Edited by roger
  • Like 3