Sign in to follow this  
windrider

Finding a path

hey all, im a young adult that whats to find the right 'path' for me. oriental philosophy has always attracted me, so right now im just looking around finding what works for me.

i basically have one question. what [IS taoism in todays world. i have researched it and i have a basic understanding what it is, but thats in a historical context. i whant to know is how it fits in with todays world.

thanks

the wind rider

Welcome!

If you hang out here a bit and read the posts, you'll at least discover how Daoism fits into the lives of those of us that contribute to this board. There are lots of resources on the web to look at it from a broader perspective.

Good luck with your search.

i basically have one question. what [IS taoism in todays world. . i whant to know is how it fits in with todays world.

thanks

the wind rider

it does not. if somebody says to you that his "taoism" fits one thing or the other, then that is a fake taoism.

it does not. if somebody says to you that his "taoism" fits one thing or the other, then that is a fake taoism.

what exactly do u mean by that

that if some ones taoism fits in somewhere in life thats its not true taoism

ok. life's end is death, dao's end is life. life is uncompatible with death. if taoism is made to fit your life it means it is dead. that is why daoists cal ordinary people living dead. read up on your Dao De Jin.

Edited by Procurator

ok. life's end is death, dao's end is life. life is uncompatible with death. if taoism is made to fit your life it means it is dead. that is why daoists cal ordinary people leaving dead. read up on your Dao De Jin.

hmm i see, thanks you, i will look into that

Sign in to follow this