Sign in to follow this  
Wujishi

Meridian Opening

Hello All,

I am a newbie and have lots of questions about cultivation. While seeking for the answers I thought of asking experienced folks and hence the post...

I have been practicing Ba Dua Jin, 5 tibetan rites and Zhan Zhuang for quite some time now with at least 30 mins of Meditation. I was wondering about the meridians. What exactly happens when the meridian opens? How to know that meridians are opening? At least what are the experiences you get when it happens.

I will share mine. I am not sure if this experience is same as Meridian opening.

For a while now I feel my body hot. Sometimes very hot. I sweat a lot due to this heat. When I meditate I can feel the pulse in my whole body. Its a nice sensation and quite good feeling... the whole body pulsating with every heart beat.

I am wondering... am I on the right path? I haven't been going to any teacher yet.

Any comments, experiences are welcome.

Hi!

I'm sure many who roams this site has gone through a period of general heat and sweating. I at least had a period when I literally stood on a towel. That will pass.

Now, every tradition will have slightly different view about what is happening and if it is important or not.

So heat is sometimes interpreted as jing converting to qi. It can also be that qi is trying to develope the cirkulation paths. Like a cleaning process. You might also experience twitching, chills and so on.

When you start with internal work, the meridians are beginning to function more efficiently. Stronger flow, smoother flow.

In my experience, actually opening the meridians makes them feel like you are inflating tube-like baloons. In my practice, that is related to starting to feel how the qi in that specific meridian feels. And in my practice, there is a difference between the 12 ordinary acupuncture meridians and working with the right extraordinary meridians.

I suspekt that you will get answers that contradict this. We might all work with the human bodymind, but there are many ways to do that, and even more ways to interpret the experience.

Most will recommend you to find a teacher. Most will hope that you also find a good teacher.....

Edited by Mudfoot
  • Like 2

Thank You Mudfoot for your response.

Currently I am experiencing only heat... but I will keep observing my body's reaction.

For a while now I feel my body hot. Sometimes very hot. I sweat a lot due to this heat. When I meditate I can feel the pulse in my whole body. Its a nice sensation and quite good feeling... the whole body pulsating with every heart beat.

I am wondering... am I on the right path? I haven't been going to any teacher yet.

Any comments, experiences are welcome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zou_huo_ru_mo_(medicine)

http://www.qigongtherapy.com/qigongdeviation.html

http://daoistkungfu.com/academy/147.html

Heat is usually an indication of hitting obstructions; the flow your feeling is blocked or resistant flow and builds up into heat. 

An open meridian is free-flowing.  if you feel it, it is a buzz of energy

My tradition is also Shaolin and exactly like Mudfoot stated - for me at one point i felt like the Micheline Man - the Micheline Tire Logo guy made of tires. 

My meridians - i called them columns - had inflated and felt like tubes with joints - then at one point while I was awake and laying in bed they fused and became one. Just prior to that it was odd walking around with these huge tubes - side channels, front and back channels, Arms, Legs - and they extended well beyond the skin.

Mudfoots posting is the first time I have heard another using the same wording  :)

Regarding the heat - at this point if it feels good and right it probably is - the processes in Qi Gong - if you are not forcing anything - break up unnatural patterns and streghthen natural pathways and patterns. 

This will create heat - if it is not exasperating heat but feel good heat I would not worry. 

You say you have been practicing for some time now - how long? how often? what typical duration when you do?

Great to have you here!

Doing it just prior to meditation - what a great premeditation practice!!

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

My tradition is also Shaolin and exactly like Mudfoot stated - for me at one point i felt like the Micheline Man - the Micheline Tire Logo guy made of tires. 

My meridians - i called them columns - had inflated and felt like tubes with joints - then at one point while I was awake and laying in bed they fused and became one. Just prior to that it was odd walking around with these huge tubes - side channels, front and back channels, Arms, Legs - and they extended well beyond the skin.

Mudfoots posting is the first time I have heard another using the same wording  :)

Regarding the heat - at this point if it feels good and right it probably is - the processes in Qi Gong - if you are not forcing anything - break up unnatural patterns and streghthen natural pathways and patterns. 

This will create heat - if it is not exasperating heat but feel good heat I would not worry. 

You say you have been practicing for some time now - how long? how often? what typical duration when you do?

Great to have you here!

Doing it just prior to meditation - what a great premeditation practice!!

Spotless, could you describe how this 'energy body' feels now since the columns fused? 

• Like 1

A great deal has happened since then and it is now becoming harder to describe in any adequate way and the changes are more considerable all the time and they have continue weekly, daily and are sustained.

Not long after the tubular change, my lower and middle dan tiens became like large water balloon protrusions extending out in mounds about 10 inches - they were clearish with a slight lavender reflection on the surface. Then also when I was laying in bed they suddenly let loose in a calm puff and the energy traveled upward - by the next day I was walking around with what I have called jokingly a 12 foot high hat.

Then not long after that my micro cosmic orbit became this enormous rotating energy field about 8 inches in diameter and a spray so to speak of energy extending out many feet - not long after that it contracted into itself and became incredibly dense and I had a metallic sense that very faintly pervaded my whole space but the density and intensity of the MCO at that time reminded me of descriptions of a black hole - with the exception that nothing was being pulled into the MCO it is just that it was so intensely compressed it was pretty well beyond words - and there was no spray of energy - it was an entirely enclosed component.

This intense experience of the MCO has subsided and only lasted a few days.

Many more things have happened since - the more recent changes I do not have words for. But on a daily basis my energy extends around me very prominently and the crown is about 8-12' high and out about the same width as if I extend my arms out and bend my arms upward. Breath is very clearly into the LDT and from there it is a breath up and into the entire crown. Any conscious attention on this breath column and it very quickly become an awareness of the entire magnetic sequence - it has a sort of V pattern upward that is quite specific from the entire greater energy field.

Recently I have again been drawn to sit and close my eyes - the stillness is so frequently pervasive and the magnetic field is very powerful and very much expanded.

A few very long standing habituations / residual personality parts left me this week and this continues - the prominent one that left this week took place during a long Qi Gong session and when I hit one of them I was able to see / feel where it was and in a somewhat painful activity I "hung in there" until it broke free and dissipated - it was between the two hemispheres of the brain and was quite specific in where and in color and it was vary rooted.

In more general terms - the energy body that took place with the fusing of the tubular columns / meridians feels like the aura now - though for me the aura has included the body and it was not just a radiation outside of the skin. My skin and skin hairs are generally in constant awareness and the field outside my skin is there all the time in awareness.

This massive ceaseless growth of the past few years has not subsided in any way but my awareness has started to take it all in a bit more - the physical changes are astounding - the awareness changes are many and extremely subtle - I have many new abilities emerging that just happen here and there (And then there is this family and work and life - ☯).

Added: their is a slight water component to the energy body now - this aura/energetic body and there appear to be other bodies some of extremely fine light and warmth.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

I struggle to find a good answer to this question. There are so many different sensations that come as a result of practice. Wish you the best.

Edited by OldChi

Sign in to follow this