Sign in to follow this  
Vigilant3

Hello

Hi,

I have always been very interested in Taoism. My favorite literary sources are books by Deng-Ming Dao. After reading 365 Tao and other similar texts, I tend to base a lot of my life around the taoist principles. Recently I have come up with a dilemma which I am hoping someone may be able to help me with (I hope this is the appropriate forum to post in). My question to anyone who wishes to respond is:

According to Tao, what is to be done about feelings of revenge?

Hi,

I have always been very interested in Taoism. My favorite literary sources are books by Deng-Ming Dao. After reading 365 Tao and other similar texts, I tend to base a lot of my life around the taoist principles. Recently I have come up with a dilemma which I am hoping someone may be able to help me with (I hope this is the appropriate forum to post in). My question to anyone who wishes to respond is:

Hello Vigilant

I can't talk for the hole taoism but from my perspective from the taoist yoga perspective of cultivation as I see it. In taoist yoga you work with your bad feelings and change them to good feelings. Different organs contains different feelings and you work to get in contact to the bad and take the energy out of it and convert it to the good feeling. In this way you are creating yourself to a person with good virtue and good feelings in yourself. It's not a matter of supression more a matter of accepting and fine tuning to make the good changes happening. Suddenly the feeling of revenge has disapereared. This abilities is developed in the alchemical processes one of three main branches of taoist yoga. The other two are working wiht sexual energy I call it chinese tantra and the other is every aspect of Qigong.

So I guess in a more theoretical aspect of taoism it's also a matter of accepting and of change. Read the I ching. The greate book of change one of the classics. It describes different situaions in the society and in yourself and how to act during sertain circumstances to not get ill and to use the possibilities inherent in each situation. Everything will have its natural way and everything is in constant change. Be aware of the situation be aware of the dangers in a sertain situation and take action not to do harm to yourself and others. Accepting and smiling to the world.

Sincerely F D

I'm not sure about the according to Tao part but... the easiest way to have a new understanding of revenge is to remember non-dualism. We are not separated, every person is part of the energy that is connected to everyone else. To hate another is to hate yourself.

Control your own feelings by remembering the big picture and grasp the concept that we are all part of the same energy. Remember how many millions of people are in the world. The actions of a few toward you should feel less now. Visualize yourself a mile above the earth looking back down on your situation.

If we are here to learn, find a lesson in the situation and call that the positive score for your soul and realize that the person who caused the situation has less power to make you mad.

Sign in to follow this