Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Check your Dentist !

" Like many parts of rural France, Chateau-Chinon is badly served for medical provision, our correspondent says, adding that locals initially seemed delighted by the hard-working and smiley dentist, a larger-than-life character who witnesses said was rarely seen without his "big 4x4, a big dog and a big cigar.

....    He had drugged patients then mutilated them as they slept in his dentist's chair.

Prosecutor Lucile Jaillon-Bru said van Nierop had carried out "useless and painful procedures".

She said his aim had been to earn money through claiming on patients' medical insurance schemes and to take "pleasure at causing pain ".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36140189

:wacko:

" Like many parts of rural France, Chateau-Chinon is badly served for medical provision, our correspondent says, adding that locals initially seemed delighted by the hard-working and smiley dentist, a larger-than-life character who witnesses said was rarely seen without his "big 4x4, a big dog and a big cigar.

....    He had drugged patients then mutilated them as they slept in his dentist's chair.

Prosecutor Lucile Jaillon-Bru said van Nierop had carried out "useless and painful procedures".

She said his aim had been to earn money through claiming on patients' medical insurance schemes and to take "pleasure at causing pain ".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36140189

:wacko:

We used to go to a dentist like that in Britain. He didn't deliberately cause pain, but was doing unnecessary work to claim the NHS fee for children's fillings.

Lucky you !  I used to have an MD / TCM  doctor  , east and west , he was great but moved interstate :(

Once I had a motorcycle smash and got bad gravel rash, heaps of tar and gravel embedded into my raw skin around my ankle and down my foot, it was close to closing time so he shut early ,  hit me up with some narco stuff, a local anesthetic and spent 2 hours picking the bits out under a big magnifying glass  ( previous times treatment  for gravel rash . at the hospital. involved a quick local anesthetic, and before that took effect, a brisk 'scrubbing' with a wire brush ! ) . 

Then he did a house call ( 35 km out of town in the bush ! )  to change my dressing.  When I asked how much  it was going to cost me, he said if the dinner leftovers on the stove where from that night and if he have them for his dinner that would do   :D   

Real bummer when he left town  :(

• Like 1

I wish my dentist would cheer up, he spends all day looking down in the mouth.  :)

• Like 2

You are always finding faults aren't you ?  

I assume your profession is a geologist ? 

You are always finding faults aren't you ?  

I assume your profession is a geologist ? 

Ho ho.

Actually because I sit in darkened rooms all day I must be a Paleontologist.

Ha! Funny you guys.

When I was 8 and we were on welfare (in between being homeless and living in 'the Projects'), mom took me to a dentist.

He said I had eight cavities. Sadly, I refused to open my mouth when he turned the drill on. I mean refused. No amount of him or my mother could get me to let him do that to me. I was in disgrace.

The next dentist, an adult dentist (er, dentist for adults), said I had zero cavities and anybody who would say I did must have, "at the least, have really lousy x-rays."

I always suspected he just wanted to make money. I was glad I was so stubborn, later!

RC

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this