roger

thoughts about Chunyi Lin's Spring Forest Qi Gong

I'd love to hear anyone's opinions about this form of Qi Gong.

I've meditated for many years, but I'm relatively new to Qi Gong.

I've learned the techniques of Spring Forest, and I'm very interested in everyone's thoughts and/or experiences with it.

Thanks.

I've heard nothing but good things. I used to do his Movment of Yin and Yan exercise before massages at work. Very charging.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Thanks OldChi.

I feel more eager to experiment with it now and see how it works for me.

The instructor Chun Yi Lin has many videos on YouTube and also an interview in the interviews section here on TTB.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

A very solid system with an accomplished master. 

I think this system can take you to enlightenment and beyond.

Drew Hempel should show up with some amazing stories.

John

• Like 2

Spring Forest Qigong is alchemy training but Chunyi Lin is not part of the current alchemy marketing fad on the interwebs. haha.

So at first Chunyi says to do three times more standing active exercise than sitting passive meditation or that standing active meditation is "cultivating" the qi while sitting meditation is "harvesting" the qi.

The key with alchemy training, as Chunyi emphasizes, is to focus on the lower tan tien - and so the spirit light as fire gets under the jing as water and the result is the spirit-qi as a rainbow lotus steam. As Chunyi says the more you go into the Emptiness the more power you have.

I finished my master's degree by doing self-directed research in qigong training with Chunyi Lin when I was 29 years old. The younger you are and the more pure you are then the faster results you get. I discovered the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" which I realized closely follows the teachings of Spring Forest Qigong. So the foundation of the meditation is the "small universe" alchemy practice which is also the foundation of the Taoist Yoga book and the Quick Fire practice is based on the standing active exercise.

The Level 3 Sun and Moon meditation then follows Chapters 6 to 11 in the Taoist Yoga book. In Level 3 is taught fasting for enlightenment. As a geek to prepare for the Level 3 retreat in 2000 I did a week long fast just taking a half glass of water. Contrary to the typical fast making someone weaker instead I had the strongest qi energy yet and I opened up my third eye. I started the fast when my lower tan tien had gotten very hot and by the end my skull was soft and pulsating with qi and opening up for spirit travel. At the Level 3 retreat I smelled cancer - well I didn't know it was cancer but this man in the front of a huge room smelled like death. I wondered how people could stay in the same room with him but then Chunyi said how qigong masters can smell cancer as a kind of rotting flesh smell.

During a break I went to ask Chunyi "what I should do?" He said, "Let me read your aura." I never told him I had fasted for the week. He responded "Keep your mouth shut." I realized I had been meditating with my mouth open because I had misunderstood his instructions since he starts the exercise with breathing with the mouth open to clear out the bad energy. But also I didn't realize that Chunyi was initiating me into Enlightenment as a Ch'an answer - "keep your mouth shut" as in - don't talk about what you are experiencing if you want to advance.

So after he answered me he left the room as it was a break and I went to sit down at my spot. Suddenly my brain was on fire! I realized that Chunyi was working to open up my third eye after he left the room. What I didn't realize is that it's actually easier for the qigong masters to do long distance healing as the mind doesn't get in the way as easily.

I could not even handle the fire in my brain and my mind could not handle it. I wanted it to stop. But as the meditations continued - we were in full lotus doing meditation - and other experiences happened to me. For example when I was in my retreat room I realized that the man with cancer was in the room next to me - I could smell him - his rotting flesh - through the walls. This was strange since when Chunyi had healed him while he was in the big retreat room his cancer smell of death went away! But I could also hear the man had a woman with him and she was lusting after him and so that made his cancer smell come back! They were having sex and I felt very bad for him that he had used the energy for lust but then his female friend had chased after his energy.

So also when I was in full lotus in my room - I had been in full lotus for hours while in the group meditation and so now the pain was great in full lotus in my room. So I just made the "sword fingers" and I pointed them at my feet and my qi energy was strong enough that just circling my "sword fingers" then sent qi into my feet and legs and opened up the blockages and made the pain go away.

Also when we are in group meditation and Chunyi was in full lotus I could actually see yuan shen light arising out of Chunyi's head - shaped as a human as a light - and it would form above his head and then break off and float out towards a specific student to be healed in the room. Then after it broke off another spirit would form over his head and break off and drift out to another student to be healed. And so on.

As I watched this amazed then I saw several spirits shaped like humans but as yellow light float into the room from outside and they hovered around Chunyi. I never said anything to anyone but Chunyi later explained that someone had seen these spirits and so he said those were dead people that had come to him to get healed. Ironically I had just read of this possibility in the biography of the most famous Buddhist monk master of Thailand - Phra Achran Mun. Not only did he also have dead people as spirits go to him to get healed but he also could read the minds of all his students and respond to them.

So then after the retreat I had more experiences that brought me out of my enlightenment. I was practicing in a room I rented nearby the university - and I would order rare books via interlibrary loan - so I read meditation and yoga books as a break to my practice. But I did not study the "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" book enough! I was comparing various schools of meditation, studying nondualism. I also attended the Spring Forest Qigong guilds - the once a month weekend practice group meetings at another local private university. At one of those meetings Chunyi announced suddenly that "there can be no thoughts of sex" if you want success in your training. But also he said to get to an advanced level requires "going on retreat" or going out into Nature to live in harmony where the energy is pure. At that guild meeting he also mention jing energy - and so that's when I knew that Chunyi had trained in alchemy.

Another time as I took more classes - I had brought the TAoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality book to class with Chunyi but the book was never in the open - it was in my backpack. Yet Chunyi announced he had been practicing the "small universe" to a very deep level lately and then he quoted a passage directly from Taoist Yoga that is the stage of practice just before the "Yang shen" leaves the body - creating another fully formed physical body. In fact at the Level 3 retreat I had asked Chunyi if he had ever created a "yang shen" body and he told me that indeed when he had been meditating in his home in China then afterwards his friends said they had seen him outside his house at the same time. Also at that Level 3 retreat Chunyi shared how once when he was in deep meditation in the mountains in full lotus he then levitated up spirally - 3 meters he said - while he was in full lotus next to a pine tree. I had also read of this ability in the biography of Phra Achra Mun, the most famous Buddhist master monk of Thailand - his colleague had also levitated.

Chunyi said if you want to see if someone is a real qigong master just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease. So as I continued my full lotus training after the retreat as I said I had more experiences. At the first guild meeting after the retreat, the assistant of Chunyi, Jim Nance, was at our breakout practice group and Jim asked me to share my fasting experience. As I did so then this old lady asked me to practice healing on her. As I pulled out her blockages - I had forgotten that Chunyi had taught to never pull the blockages out of the top center of the skull. I was standing to her side while she was sitting and as I pulled the blockage out of the center of her skull I felt this heavy electromagnetic "blob" get pulled out of the top center of her skull. Immediately as I felt that she burst out bawling - even though I was not touching her never and she could not see what I was doing. She kept bawling for at least 15 minutes and every one had left the room and she left to go downstairs. I went downstairs and I saw my friend from the University. I said - "you're not going to believe what just happened" and as I said this the old lady suddenly was walking toward us - she was still bawling but someone else had their arm around her, comforting her. I realized I had accidentally pulled her spirit out of her body!!

So then I went back to my room to keep practicing. But another experience I had was when I went to the local hippie-punk anarchist collective cafe where I had hung out with my university friend and another male who practiced meditation. But when I went in there I saw his sister across the room and as our eyes met suddenly I got this orgasmic blast of energy shoot up my spine. I was shocked that my eyes meeting with hers would cause this orgasmic climax and I went back into my room in disbelief. I was not able to process conceptually what had happened and I didn't realize that my energy had gone into hers and holographically she had lowered the frequency of my energy. If I had studied the Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality book in more detail I would have known that I had taken in "bad air" because I had looked at a "form of love" and so my "heart's fire" had gone out of my eyes into hers, thereby deconverting my yuan qi into "generative fluid."

Only the Quick Fire method - the deep fasting breathing activated by the standing "moving of yin and yang" with the knees bent and the thighs lowered - only this has the power to reverse this lowering of the frequency of the energy. But I did not understand this need for the purification process as harmonization of the yin and yang. So when Chunyi Lin had taught at Level 3 to "use your consciousness" to "go into the Emptiness" and this creates the yin/yang energy and to keep is simple as the most powerful - I had to think - what is the difference between my consciousness and the Emptiness? So as I continued my full lotus meditation then my sense of consciousness vanished by the room was spinning around me. It wasn't just dizziness - it was like a spacetime vortex.

What I had not realized - if I had studied Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality in detail - is that in chapter 11 it details how if your spirit leaves your body without enough qi surrounding the spirit then this dizziness will happen. I had gone into the Emptiness as a nirvikalpa samadhi experience but I didn't realize that this spacetime vortex was caused by my spirit light not having enough Emptiness yuan qi to power it and so my spirit got confused. Instead I was desperate for an answer. When I came out of that meditation I had the experience that "who am I" is most definitely not anything in this 3D spacetime - that my "mind" is not the real me - instead the Emptiness is the real me. So I had been using the Yan Xin meditation tape as a supplement to my Spring Forest Qigong training since the first initiation Chunyi had to qigong was a Yan Xin healing. But after that Emptiness experience I threw away the meditation tape since I felt that I didn't need any external tools as they were not the real reality. Also I got rid of my journal I had kept for several years since 1994 - because that was all just a product of my mind and not the real "me."

When I told Chunyi about what had happened he said I had an "enlightenment experience" but that my mind was confused. Indeed Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality details that this confusion is caused by the first enlightenment experience. Around this time I had also begun going to practice healing on my mom and so I drove up to my parents to heal my mom. The first time I had practiced on her she did not really feel much. She said she just felt more relaxed. But since I had fasted and meditated the whole time my qi energy was very strong. But when I went to the house my mom immediately began screaming at me the worst she had ever screamed. She was going ballistic since I had not had any food in over a week and so to get her to stop screaming I just ate a bunch of food real fast. Then I said - do you want the healing still? She said yes and she sat in a chair in her room. As I healed her then strong qi when out of my hands into her body and I could sense she had a liver blockage. Then she got so sleepy that I had her lie on her bed and I kept healing her until she fell asleep. Then I left the house and I drove back to the city.

But I did not understand what had happened. I had worked so hard to train as a healer and yet she just was more angry than ever before and since my energy was so pure I was very sensitive to negative emotions. I had felt betrayed that this was the punishment I got for working so hard. I didn't realize that when I had healed my mom I had actually done a spirit exorcism of her and that is why she was screaming ballistic when I entered the house. She had a liver blockage from drinking too much alcohol and this is why she was so angry. But I didn't understand this connection. Instead I decided I was no longer going to meditate. I began lowering my meditation levels. Before I had healed my mom - which was on Wednesday - on Monday I had gone to work. Since I was in school I only worked 15 hours a week but when I went to work I had not eaten in a week and yet I had more energy than ever before!

When I was at work then I was alone in the back room doing my job but then this manager entered the room - a female younger than me. As I worked then I felt this strong qi emanating out of the center of my brain into the female - and the qi was filling the room. At the same time I could sense what the female was thinking and feeling and I realized that my pineal gland was transducing her thoughts and feelings into my brain so I knew what she was experiencing. Then her boss entered the room - another female who was the director. Suddenly the female manager said to her boss that she should promote me to also be a manager. The director was surprised to hear this as my position was not even based on any experience that would qualify me. Instead I offered to the director to give a talk to the workers about my qigong training and she agreed. I had given a previous talk about sweatshop activism and now I would give a talk about qigong.

So then I decided to break my fast that Monday since I was at work and not just meditating all the time. I went to this nearby African restaurant that I frequented - the owner was born in Ghana but she had lived in Germany - and the food was traditional and mainly vegetarian. I decided to get a tofu soup with greens. But there was sea salt in it and the salt literally tasted like poison to me! I could barely eat it. Also there was a female that came into the shop and strangely she talked to the female owner - the shop was small and so I was nearby. The female said very blatantly how it was not good to point your feet at the guru. Suddenly I recalled that while I was at the Level 3 retreat that weekend I had gotten tired in full lotus and so instead I had pointed my feet at Chunyi while he was also in full lotus. I was shocked to hear the lady say this but I never asked her if she had been at the Spring Forest Qigong retreat. I thought maybe it had been just a synchronicity.

In fact at this point in time I thought I really would like to just quit my job and go meditate outside Chunyi's house to figure out how to deal with my energy. Chunyi had said to call him if we have questions but I didn't have the money to pay him for the calls. At that time he had given out his home number since he was still doing his healing out of his home - he didn't have a qigong center. I also didn't want to intrude on his home life. Instead I figured that if Chunyi was a real spiritual master then he should be able to teach me at a distance. But I did go to local bookstore to look for answers - this is the used bookstore where I had found the "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" book. I saw a Sri Chimnoy book and at a whim I opened it up. The very first passage I saw was a student asking the Sri Chimnoy about what causes the spinning sensation during meditation. His answer was that was just the Cosmic Shakti and don't worry about it.

Well that wasn't enough for me - I still wondered what had happened and I needed more details. I kept researching and I discovered Ch'an Master Nan, Huai-Chin. His books had lots of details from mayahana Buddhism which was new to me. Sure enough he said that what commonly happens in modern times is that a person trains and then gets "heroic over-exuberance" by using their spiritual powers and so they "fall back into the worldly mundane." I continued studying his books - I had to read them three times to digest the new information but those three books are now out of print. I didn't save the books since again I was detached from conceptual reality - but those books are now very valuable. haha.

When I did return back to another Level 3 class for Chunyi Lin he goes around touching everyone's forehead to open up our third eye. I had stopped practicing as much but never the less my channels were open enough that when he touched my forehead I then felt strong magnetic bliss in the center of my forehead. At this point I wondered if this sensation would go away. I wondered if the energy was just some psychological phenomenon or if the enlightenment was permanent. So I completely stopped the qigong training to see what would happen. So then my energy channels closed up and at the same time - I thought that if the Emptiness is every where then there is just as much Emptiness in a pile of crap than in anything else. I was friends with homeless old hippies who dumpster dived for food and so I began doing the same with them out of solidarity. Also I had taken my AFrican-American coworkers out to lunch at the local Chinese restaurant. I had been vegetarian up till then but they all ate lots of meat. I realized they had lots of jing energy and so I figured why should I not eat meat also - why should I be more "holier than thou" than my African-American coworkers. So I began eating meat.

I didn't realize that the qigong training is based on frequency harmonization as purification. Instead I was basing my philosophy on nondualism as a permanent static Emptiness and I did not realize that the Emptiness is actually an eternal process of yin-yang energy harmonization. And so my energy channels closed up even more and even worse my energy was now going up the front of my body and out of my mouth and eyes. I did not know what was happening to me and so I kept studying books. After a couple months of not practicing - the magnetic bliss was still in the center of my brain and so I realized that I had undergone permanent transformation. That this was the new me. I had done it - I had broken on through to the other side. I realized that my qigong training was now going to be the rest of my life. When I saw Chunyi again he had said that I should have kept on practicing and I should have called him with questions. Well he didn't say that directly to me but in general to the class. But he has a way of answering your personal questions as a general answer to the class based on his reading of the energy.

I kept training on my own but the problem was that females kept chasing after me and when they flirted with me then the qi would turn into generative fluid and get lost as nocturnal ejaculation. So then I began sitting in full lotus in public during the day as I thought this would be "pre-emptive defense" and at this point I was already posting on this forum - thetaobums. I didn't realize that sitting in full lotus was making it worse! Even though I could stop the nocturnal ejaculations - or at least make them less - I didn't realize this was causing my energy to just go out of my skull instead. So I was sitting in full lotus in a McDonald's with the assistant from my favorite used bookstore. He sat there every day - he was obese from eating junk food and he like to spy the University females as the McDonalds was right by the University and his table faced the counters. Of course he never said this - he tried to hide this by studying his books, etc. He was ostensibly an intellectual but self-taught with some courses he took on occasion. So as I sat in full lotus I was facing the condiments dispenser - I couldn't see any females and I didn't want to look. But suddenly this young Chinese female worker from McDonalds began cleaning the dispensers while in front of my full lotus. I could not move while in full lotus at my eyes were at the level of her backside. Suddenly she lept into the air and she yelled out in bliss and at the exact same time orgasmic ejaculation shot up my spine.

I could not believe what had just happened - and my friend pretended not to have noticed. But when I returned the next day the young Chinese female was laughing in bliss at the sight of me and she pushed her coworkers aside so she could take the register to make sure she could serve me. Then I knew that what I had suspected had happened really did happen - we had a mutual climax. But I wanted to test this out if it was really true and so I went to a study area of the University and I spied a comely fetching young female. I sat across from her while she was studying and she was dressed attractively and I also was studying as I did - only I sat in full lotus. I could feel the qi energy building up and being sucked in by her energy and as it built up then suddenly it would discharge the qi into her and at the same time I could sense she climaxed also. I kind of glanced up but she tried to pretend it didn't happen. So as I kept reading in full lotus the energy built up again but a bit stronger intensity and again it discharged into her as qi and she climaxed at the same time. After the 2nd time she then put her book down and she pretended to go to sleep in front of me. So then I kept sitting in full lotus and the energy built up again into a stronger intensity and discharged into her and now when the climax hit the internal ejaculation was stronger up the spine. At the moment it happened she then looked up at me and tears were going down her face.

That confirmed to me that we had mutual climaxes. That this was real. Of course I felt terrible about it and I was determined not to do that again. But at the same time I also pondered the meaning of this. No longer were females all dressed up to attract a mate - no longer were they using sex as a kind of limited supply energy to leverage males who could provide the means to help raise a family, etc. In other words I had completely bypassed the bourgeois commodity fetish "consumer unit" reproductive sex dynamics. Also I thought that this is my own body and I can sit in full lotus in public if I want to - I'm not breaking the law. So I decided I would keep sitting in full lotus in public. But females kept pursuing me and actively "pumping" the energy out of me or staring at me, etc. I had awakened a beast so to speak and I posted all these experiences online so that I would get critical feedback.

So then I continued having these experiences which I dubbed the "O at a D" or "orgasm at a distance" and the responses online were shock or anger or disbelief, etc. So I kept collating the experiences but I realized they were not limited to just the mutual climax. Still I had many mutual climaxes and some I would call "repeat customers." I realized that females were going into what primatologists called "female display behavior" and so I had to study more science to figure out what was happening - with the vagus nerve - and I studied more qigong, etc. But at the same time - I had other experiences which deepened my understanding. I could also heal people's anger blockages - at a distance - and their sadness blockages. I was in full lotus at work and a young male walked into the room and when my eyes met his then I was overwhelmed by sadness. I blurted out - "Why are you so sad!!" and he was shocked. He was so shocked that I would know his inner emotions since his face was normal and he had not said a word to me. As he stood in silence in shock then I suddenly realized he had just come back from a smoking break. I had been a lone in the room - no one else was there. I then heard myself saying - "you know smoking causes depression." He was 24 years old and we had discussed energy training before. He was interested but more in that bohemian manner but soon after he quit smoking and his sadness went away. Another time I was reading in full lotus in Burger King and I could see out of the corner of my eye this big Native American man with his food tray looking to see where to sit. As our eyes met then suddenly my liver filled with his anger. I knew I had to be careful and I didn't look at him again but he walked slowly past me. I was concerned he might attack me as I exorcised his anger - my liver got hot and then my pineal gland shot qi back at him - out of the back of my head as he sat behind and to the right of me. I was in one side of the restaurant and he was 90 degrees to me. I kept reading and slowly the burning heat in my liver went away and I realized I was safe. Suddenly he walked towards me and he said one thing to me: Thank you. I barely glanced up at him since I didn't want to risk him smelling me - as the qi energy going out of my skull would also pull up the lower body anaerobic bacteria of my intestines. I had to constantly use purification essential oil - I used tea tree oil as antiseptic and then peppermint to cover up the tea tree oil.

So I had adapted into my own strange - very strange - free tantra inner city healing qigong practice. I biked around the city, and I read books in the libraries or used bookstores - and while in full lotus reading I had psychic energy healing exchanges with strangers. Mainly the "O at a D" experiences. I even had a precognitive "O at a D" once. I didn't realize I was using up my Yuan Qi energy. No one on thetaobums could explain to me what was happening - in terms of alchemy - and in fact people on thetaobums had insisted I should not study the Taoist Yoga book as it was too dangerous. haha. So I had to keep pondering the philosophy and study science and more meditation and qigong books. At work I was able to work at nights when no one else was there and so I was able to build up my energy again. I biked to work in the winter and it was very cold out in Minnesota  and when I got to work I wanted some quick energy - there was a candy bar machine but it was just a metal box. When I went to put in the quarters then the quarters stuck to the side of the machine and rolled "up" the side of the metal box as my hand went over the quarters, wondering what was happening. I then decided to check my qi levels so I put my hands facing each other - my palms - and sure enough I felt strong magnetic force pushing my hands apart. I realized I had moved the quarters at a distance - telekinesis.

Soon after this young female coworker began "hanging around" after wards at work - pretending she needed to shovel papers - when in fact I knew she was overstressed. She was one of the few females left and my job was being automated and the computer manager had destroyed all the "turf" - the pieces of paper I organized - the paper which people called for the nonprofit fundraising. The workers were desperate since they could not make quota since the computer manager was transferring the turf to a new leased supercomputer speed dialer. So she was too stressed from the new impossible work conditions and she was hanging after work stalking me when normally I had been working alone. I felt sorry for her and so I filled her with energy and she survived the crunch. As I continued to do that - she even got promoted to be a manager. And as I continued to send energy into her then she got promoted to being the director. She still was stalking me and she would come in after her daytime shift was done and then she would pretend to have work to do while I worked - she would sit across from me. The problem was that since her jing energy was low then I had to eat a lot of meat to have energy to turn into qi for her and then I ate a lot of garlic and cilantro to purify the meat. But I still had to use tea tree oil as antiseptic and peppermint. I was a mess. Finally she said - after years of me doing this - that I had a "lot of charm" but too bad I could not talk. So I increased my tea tree oil output and I would take turns sending energy to her and then talking in between. After a couple hour tantra session like that she left and soon after I collapsed asleep from a tantra tea tree oil overdose.

The thing is that sending the energy is right brain dominant and so you can not talk while sending the energy but I could read at the same time since reading is left brain dominant. So I could read and send energy at the same time. I had dozens - hundreds of "O at a D" experiences and stories which I could relate. You have to first have energy to send. But the qigong master Chunyi said in his guild talk that he doesn't practice tantra since the energy you take in is too low frequency - when the female climaxes - the energy is just an energy blockage that you take in. Even though if the female has strong jing energy and you take that in when she climaxes it is still lower frequency. So I would have to convert that female jing energy back into qi. I realized I could fast if I was around females with strong jing energy - through the mutual climaxes as tantra. But as Bill Bodri and Master Nan, Huai-chin state the tantra practice is inherently limited to "emptying out the lower realm of form." This is what happened with the female coworker as we continued having mutual climaxes - then it went past lust and when together we had our hearts interwoven as qi energy. This was the yuan qi activated but that was the limit of the practice. And during physical separation there was sadness because lust is rooted out of the lungs - the lungs are the alchemical foundation of the water element - the lungs as metal are passion and so cause the yin qi as the heart's fire to go out of the eyes. So if you loose to much yin qi energy as the heart's fire this causes sadness and in extreme form can cause death as lose of yuan qi energy. This is documented by science - people can die from the right side vagus nerve to the heart being overstimulated.

So I had to quit my job as I had gone to far - the tantra could not be continued in public - my hours had gotten changed - I could  not work at night. I was still dumpster-diving my food and eating tons of garlic and I filled the workspace with the garlic crap smell. Meanwhile I had this strong mutual love with the coworker but ironically I had never been physically attracted to her. Sure there had been tantric lust but as science documents sex drive is not the same as attraction and yet love is based on the oxytocin body. I had discovered the secret connection of lust to love via tantra but I still didn't realize I had been using up my yuan qi energy. In fact the Taoist Yoga book says this is the main cause of failing in the training - the creation of qi energy increases the very passion that causes the loss of energy! I then left the city on my old three speed bicycle and I went to a Buddhist monastery set up by my Burmese friend who had been a refugee but now was a successful person and so he had brought a monk over from Burma. But as he and I discussed me moving to Burma to become a monk then I could read that this monk in his house was actually a perv - a fake monk - and he hit on me! The Burmese friend was also upset that I was fasting to purify my energy and I was sitting in full lotus to meditate - and he said this was not real Buddhism and he told me to study the books he had in the monastery. I did and I discovered that the first level of real samadhi in Theravedin Buddhism is called "Achievement of Cessation" and it requires a week long fast. haha. Also my understanding is that the Theravedin monks of Thailand - Phra Achran Mun - had sat in full lotus.

But from my academic studies on my own - I had discovered there was a tension in the Buddhist training - especially in Thailand and Burma. The Vipassana tradition relied on mind meditation whereas the "power" monks of the forest tradition relied on full lotus. The King and royal family would patronize the power monks to get their power but the royal family was considered corrupt by the democratic urban vipassana tradition. But as part of the democracy movement then the cities were taking over the monasteries as community charities run by the local community which did not have the experience in actual spiritual training. But meanwhile I had left the Burmese monastery in the middle of the night in the cold freezing rain - and I continued my dumpster diving tantra practice. I continued biking for 250 miles - I dumpster dived a big gas station chain that has packaged hamburgers. I had garlic with me. I continued on to a Cambodian monastery that was 200 miles away down the Mississippi river. It was under construction and as the head monk wondered what to do with me - then the monastery got a phone call. It was my Burmese friend, head of his own monastery, wondering what had happened to me! haha. So then I left the Cambodian monastery and I biked up to the forest of my parent's house. My dad had been at this point a chronic alcohol and his brain had deteriorated as I realized when he had taken me to visit my sister a few years earlier. I began clearing out the European invasive buckthorn which had destroyed our forest plant diversity.

I increasingly had precognitive experiences and when I found my dad's dead body my heart was filled with this amazing love. The night before I had psychically sensed he had a heart blockage when he returned from eating dinner with my mom who had previously moved to our second house as my dad was chain smoking and drinking. I had never picked up psychically a heart blockage like that from my dad and that night while I was in full lotus at the computer - suddenly I thought - "my dad just died." I ran up to check him in his bedroom but he was quiet and seemed to be sleeping. I'm not sure what happened but in the morning when I went into the bedroom his body was blue and I immediately called 9-11. But my heart when seeing his body was immediately overwhelmed with the strongest love I had ever felt. I knew he was experiencing that love when he had left his body and so I knew he was in a better place. I had studied NDE experiences as part of my training and I had seen ghosts and so I knew he was in a better place.

A few years later my mom had gotten sick where she had almost died but then the qigong master Jim Nance was offering free healing sessions at the qigong center. My mom was desperate and so she agreed to go with me. At one session I also brought an AFrican-American coworker of mine who had been interested in the qigong. My mom felt stronger after each session and she was really happy but the healing would not last. I had been sitting in full lotus for 2 hour sessions of meditation but suddenly Jim Nance called me. He asked me to help him with his qi-talks at the center. So then another time he called me and I asked him questions and he said how he could see in 4 directions out of his skull at the same time - the third eye. We talked for 2 hours but suddenly he said he was having a "conservation with my mom" as he was talking to me. She was asleep upstairs and I realized he meant he was healing her but I didn't ask him for details. The next day my mom who previously had been barely able to walk now for the first time in months cooked her own breakfast. My sister was in shock but my mom didn't know why she had so much energy. The next day she walked on her own to the mailbox which is a half mile walk there and back! She just had too much energy so she felt like walking. Her friends asked her what had happened. I still didn't say anything to her since I didn't want her to dismiss the healing. Finally after a week and she was still wondering what had happened I told her that Jim had done a healing on her while he was talking to me on the phone. Then when Jim called again I confirmed with Jim and I asked him if he had to send more energy and he said that he had to send energy several times and it was easier to heal her while she asleep so that her mind would not get in the way of the healing.

Jim and I continued to have a lot of interaction as he was working a book of his qigong training and also continuing his qi-talks and doing more phone healing. People online then asked me to contact Jim and we began interacting that way. And that continued until last fall - Jim made my head go on fire two times - the first time in 2005. At that point doing long distance healing was newer for him - when I had returned to class he said, "did you feel anything?" I was in shock since the energy had been so strong I had stopped meditating. When I shared that story with him ten years later he laughed and said that was my true Self manifesting - it was not something "external" to me. Another time I was ranting at Jim about politics while he was in the car - he got real quiet and suddenly I felt deep in my heart this strong qi energy. He explained he didn't want to listen to me so he left his body. But then he wanted to see where I was talking from and he said I was talking from my heart.

• Like 5

Let me summarize that for Drew:

"It's a great and powerful system, that has had a huge impact on my life, the life of others, and that I stay involved in to this day!"

B)

John

• Like 6

Spring Forest Qigong is alchemy training but Chunyi Lin is not part of the current alchemy marketing fad on the interwebs. haha.

So at first Chunyi says to do three times more standing active exercise than sitting passive meditation or that standing active meditation is "cultivating" the qi while sitting meditation is "harvesting" the qi.

The key with alchemy training, as Chunyi emphasizes, is to focus on the lower tan tien - and so the spirit light as fire gets under the jing as water and the result is the spirit-qi as a rainbow lotus steam. As Chunyi says the more you go into the Emptiness the more power you have.

I finished my master's degree by doing self-directed research in qigong training with Chunyi Lin when I was 29 years old. The younger you are and the more pure you are then the faster results you get. I discovered the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" which I realized closely follows the teachings of Spring Forest Qigong. So the foundation of the meditation is the "small universe" alchemy practice which is also the foundation of the Taoist Yoga book and the Quick Fire practice is based on the standing active exercise.

The Level 3 Sun and Moon meditation then follows Chapters 6 to 11 in the Taoist Yoga book. In Level 3 is taught fasting for enlightenment. As a geek to prepare for the Level 3 retreat in 2000 I did a week long fast just taking a half glass of water. Contrary to the typical fast making someone weaker instead I had the strongest qi energy yet and I opened up my third eye. I started the fast when my lower tan tien had gotten very hot and by the end my skull was soft and pulsating with qi and opening up for spirit travel. At the Level 3 retreat I smelled cancer - well I didn't know it was cancer but this man in the front of a huge room smelled like death. I wondered how people could stay in the same room with him but then Chunyi said how qigong masters can smell cancer as a kind of rotting flesh smell.

During a break I went to ask Chunyi "what I should do?" He said, "Let me read your aura." I never told him I had fasted for the week. He responded "Keep your mouth shut." I realized I had been meditating with my mouth open because I had misunderstood his instructions since he starts the exercise with breathing with the mouth open to clear out the bad energy. But also I didn't realize that Chunyi was initiating me into Enlightenment as a Ch'an answer - "keep your mouth shut" as in - don't talk about what you are experiencing if you want to advance.

So after he answered me he left the room as it was a break and I went to sit down at my spot. Suddenly my brain was on fire! I realized that Chunyi was working to open up my third eye after he left the room. What I didn't realize is that it's actually easier for the qigong masters to do long distance healing as the mind doesn't get in the way as easily.

I could not even handle the fire in my brain and my mind could not handle it. I wanted it to stop. But as the meditations continued - we were in full lotus doing meditation - and other experiences happened to me. For example when I was in my retreat room I realized that the man with cancer was in the room next to me - I could smell him - his rotting flesh - through the walls. This was strange since when Chunyi had healed him while he was in the big retreat room his cancer smell of death went away! But I could also hear the man had a woman with him and she was lusting after him and so that made his cancer smell come back! They were having sex and I felt very bad for him that he had used the energy for lust but then his female friend had chased after his energy.

So also when I was in full lotus in my room - I had been in full lotus for hours while in the group meditation and so now the pain was great in full lotus in my room. So I just made the "sword fingers" and I pointed them at my feet and my qi energy was strong enough that just circling my "sword fingers" then sent qi into my feet and legs and opened up the blockages and made the pain go away.

Also when we are in group meditation and Chunyi was in full lotus I could actually see yuan shen light arising out of Chunyi's head - shaped as a human as a light - and it would form above his head and then break off and float out towards a specific student to be healed in the room. Then after it broke off another spirit would form over his head and break off and drift out to another student to be healed. And so on.

As I watched this amazed then I saw several spirits shaped like humans but as yellow light float into the room from outside and they hovered around Chunyi. I never said anything to anyone but Chunyi later explained that someone had seen these spirits and so he said those were dead people that had come to him to get healed. Ironically I had just read of this possibility in the biography of the most famous Buddhist monk master of Thailand - Phra Achran Mun. Not only did he also have dead people as spirits go to him to get healed but he also could read the minds of all his students and respond to them.

So then after the retreat I had more experiences that brought me out of my enlightenment. I was practicing in a room I rented nearby the university - and I would order rare books via interlibrary loan - so I read meditation and yoga books as a break to my practice. But I did not study the "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" book enough! I was comparing various schools of meditation, studying nondualism. I also attended the Spring Forest Qigong guilds - the once a month weekend practice group meetings at another local private university. At one of those meetings Chunyi announced suddenly that "there can be no thoughts of sex" if you want success in your training. But also he said to get to an advanced level requires "going on retreat" or going out into Nature to live in harmony where the energy is pure. At that guild meeting he also mention jing energy - and so that's when I knew that Chunyi had trained in alchemy.

Another time as I took more classes - I had brought the TAoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality book to class with Chunyi but the book was never in the open - it was in my backpack. Yet Chunyi announced he had been practicing the "small universe" to a very deep level lately and then he quoted a passage directly from Taoist Yoga that is the stage of practice just before the "Yang shen" leaves the body - creating another fully formed physical body. In fact at the Level 3 retreat I had asked Chunyi if he had ever created a "yang shen" body and he told me that indeed when he had been meditating in his home in China then afterwards his friends said they had seen him outside his house at the same time. Also at that Level 3 retreat Chunyi shared how once when he was in deep meditation in the mountains in full lotus he then levitated up spirally - 3 meters he said - while he was in full lotus next to a pine tree. I had also read of this ability in the biography of Phra Achra Mun, the most famous Buddhist master monk of Thailand - his colleague had also levitated.

Chunyi said if you want to see if someone is a real qigong master just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease. So as I continued my full lotus training after the retreat as I said I had more experiences. At the first guild meeting after the retreat, the assistant of Chunyi, Jim Nance, was at our breakout practice group and Jim asked me to share my fasting experience. As I did so then this old lady asked me to practice healing on her. As I pulled out her blockages - I had forgotten that Chunyi had taught to never pull the blockages out of the top center of the skull. I was standing to her side while she was sitting and as I pulled the blockage out of the center of her skull I felt this heavy electromagnetic "blob" get pulled out of the top center of her skull. Immediately as I felt that she burst out bawling - even though I was not touching her never and she could not see what I was doing. She kept bawling for at least 15 minutes and every one had left the room and she left to go downstairs. I went downstairs and I saw my friend from the University. I said - "you're not going to believe what just happened" and as I said this the old lady suddenly was walking toward us - she was still bawling but someone else had their arm around her, comforting her. I realized I had accidentally pulled her spirit out of her body!!

So then I went back to my room to keep practicing. But another experience I had was when I went to the local hippie-punk anarchist collective cafe where I had hung out with my university friend and another male who practiced meditation. But when I went in there I saw his sister across the room and as our eyes met suddenly I got this orgasmic blast of energy shoot up my spine. I was shocked that my eyes meeting with hers would cause this orgasmic climax and I went back into my room in disbelief. I was not able to process conceptually what had happened and I didn't realize that my energy had gone into hers and holographically she had lowered the frequency of my energy. If I had studied the Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality book in more detail I would have known that I had taken in "bad air" because I had looked at a "form of love" and so my "heart's fire" had gone out of my eyes into hers, thereby deconverting my yuan qi into "generative fluid."

Only the Quick Fire method - the deep fasting breathing activated by the standing "moving of yin and yang" with the knees bent and the thighs lowered - only this has the power to reverse this lowering of the frequency of the energy. But I did not understand this need for the purification process as harmonization of the yin and yang. So when Chunyi Lin had taught at Level 3 to "use your consciousness" to "go into the Emptiness" and this creates the yin/yang energy and to keep is simple as the most powerful - I had to think - what is the difference between my consciousness and the Emptiness? So as I continued my full lotus meditation then my sense of consciousness vanished by the room was spinning around me. It wasn't just dizziness - it was like a spacetime vortex.

What I had not realized - if I had studied Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality in detail - is that in chapter 11 it details how if your spirit leaves your body without enough qi surrounding the spirit then this dizziness will happen. I had gone into the Emptiness as a nirvikalpa samadhi experience but I didn't realize that this spacetime vortex was caused by my spirit light not having enough Emptiness yuan qi to power it and so my spirit got confused. Instead I was desperate for an answer. When I came out of that meditation I had the experience that "who am I" is most definitely not anything in this 3D spacetime - that my "mind" is not the real me - instead the Emptiness is the real me. So I had been using the Yan Xin meditation tape as a supplement to my Spring Forest Qigong training since the first initiation Chunyi had to qigong was a Yan Xin healing. But after that Emptiness experience I threw away the meditation tape since I felt that I didn't need any external tools as they were not the real reality. Also I got rid of my journal I had kept for several years since 1994 - because that was all just a product of my mind and not the real "me."

When I told Chunyi about what had happened he said I had an "enlightenment experience" but that my mind was confused. Indeed Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality details that this confusion is caused by the first enlightenment experience. Around this time I had also begun going to practice healing on my mom and so I drove up to my parents to heal my mom. The first time I had practiced on her she did not really feel much. She said she just felt more relaxed. But since I had fasted and meditated the whole time my qi energy was very strong. But when I went to the house my mom immediately began screaming at me the worst she had ever screamed. She was going ballistic since I had not had any food in over a week and so to get her to stop screaming I just ate a bunch of food real fast. Then I said - do you want the healing still? She said yes and she sat in a chair in her room. As I healed her then strong qi when out of my hands into her body and I could sense she had a liver blockage. Then she got so sleepy that I had her lie on her bed and I kept healing her until she fell asleep. Then I left the house and I drove back to the city.

But I did not understand what had happened. I had worked so hard to train as a healer and yet she just was more angry than ever before and since my energy was so pure I was very sensitive to negative emotions. I had felt betrayed that this was the punishment I got for working so hard. I didn't realize that when I had healed my mom I had actually done a spirit exorcism of her and that is why she was screaming ballistic when I entered the house. She had a liver blockage from drinking too much alcohol and this is why she was so angry. But I didn't understand this connection. Instead I decided I was no longer going to meditate. I began lowering my meditation levels. Before I had healed my mom - which was on Wednesday - on Monday I had gone to work. Since I was in school I only worked 15 hours a week but when I went to work I had not eaten in a week and yet I had more energy than ever before!

When I was at work then I was alone in the back room doing my job but then this manager entered the room - a female younger than me. As I worked then I felt this strong qi emanating out of the center of my brain into the female - and the qi was filling the room. At the same time I could sense what the female was thinking and feeling and I realized that my pineal gland was transducing her thoughts and feelings into my brain so I knew what she was experiencing. Then her boss entered the room - another female who was the director. Suddenly the female manager said to her boss that she should promote me to also be a manager. The director was surprised to hear this as my position was not even based on any experience that would qualify me. Instead I offered to the director to give a talk to the workers about my qigong training and she agreed. I had given a previous talk about sweatshop activism and now I would give a talk about qigong.

So then I decided to break my fast that Monday since I was at work and not just meditating all the time. I went to this nearby African restaurant that I frequented - the owner was born in Ghana but she had lived in Germany - and the food was traditional and mainly vegetarian. I decided to get a tofu soup with greens. But there was sea salt in it and the salt literally tasted like poison to me! I could barely eat it. Also there was a female that came into the shop and strangely she talked to the female owner - the shop was small and so I was nearby. The female said very blatantly how it was not good to point your feet at the guru. Suddenly I recalled that while I was at the Level 3 retreat that weekend I had gotten tired in full lotus and so instead I had pointed my feet at Chunyi while he was also in full lotus. I was shocked to hear the lady say this but I never asked her if she had been at the Spring Forest Qigong retreat. I thought maybe it had been just a synchronicity.

In fact at this point in time I thought I really would like to just quit my job and go meditate outside Chunyi's house to figure out how to deal with my energy. Chunyi had said to call him if we have questions but I didn't have the money to pay him for the calls. At that time he had given out his home number since he was still doing his healing out of his home - he didn't have a qigong center. I also didn't want to intrude on his home life. Instead I figured that if Chunyi was a real spiritual master then he should be able to teach me at a distance. But I did go to local bookstore to look for answers - this is the used bookstore where I had found the "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" book. I saw a Sri Chimnoy book and at a whim I opened it up. The very first passage I saw was a student asking the Sri Chimnoy about what causes the spinning sensation during meditation. His answer was that was just the Cosmic Shakti and don't worry about it.

Well that wasn't enough for me - I still wondered what had happened and I needed more details. I kept researching and I discovered Ch'an Master Nan, Huai-Chin. His books had lots of details from mayahana Buddhism which was new to me. Sure enough he said that what commonly happens in modern times is that a person trains and then gets "heroic over-exuberance" by using their spiritual powers and so they "fall back into the worldly mundane." I continued studying his books - I had to read them three times to digest the new information but those three books are now out of print. I didn't save the books since again I was detached from conceptual reality - but those books are now very valuable. haha.

When I did return back to another Level 3 class for Chunyi Lin he goes around touching everyone's forehead to open up our third eye. I had stopped practicing as much but never the less my channels were open enough that when he touched my forehead I then felt strong magnetic bliss in the center of my forehead. At this point I wondered if this sensation would go away. I wondered if the energy was just some psychological phenomenon or if the enlightenment was permanent. So I completely stopped the qigong training to see what would happen. So then my energy channels closed up and at the same time - I thought that if the Emptiness is every where then there is just as much Emptiness in a pile of crap than in anything else. I was friends with homeless old hippies who dumpster dived for food and so I began doing the same with them out of solidarity. Also I had taken my AFrican-American coworkers out to lunch at the local Chinese restaurant. I had been vegetarian up till then but they all ate lots of meat. I realized they had lots of jing energy and so I figured why should I not eat meat also - why should I be more "holier than thou" than my African-American coworkers. So I began eating meat.

I didn't realize that the qigong training is based on frequency harmonization as purification. Instead I was basing my philosophy on nondualism as a permanent static Emptiness and I did not realize that the Emptiness is actually an eternal process of yin-yang energy harmonization. And so my energy channels closed up even more and even worse my energy was now going up the front of my body and out of my mouth and eyes. I did not know what was happening to me and so I kept studying books. After a couple months of not practicing - the magnetic bliss was still in the center of my brain and so I realized that I had undergone permanent transformation. That this was the new me. I had done it - I had broken on through to the other side. I realized that my qigong training was now going to be the rest of my life. When I saw Chunyi again he had said that I should have kept on practicing and I should have called him with questions. Well he didn't say that directly to me but in general to the class. But he has a way of answering your personal questions as a general answer to the class based on his reading of the energy.

I kept training on my own but the problem was that females kept chasing after me and when they flirted with me then the qi would turn into generative fluid and get lost as nocturnal ejaculation. So then I began sitting in full lotus in public during the day as I thought this would be "pre-emptive defense" and at this point I was already posting on this forum - thetaobums. I didn't realize that sitting in full lotus was making it worse! Even though I could stop the nocturnal ejaculations - or at least make them less - I didn't realize this was causing my energy to just go out of my skull instead. So I was sitting in full lotus in a McDonald's with the assistant from my favorite used bookstore. He sat there every day - he was obese from eating junk food and he like to spy the University females as the McDonalds was right by the University and his table faced the counters. Of course he never said this - he tried to hide this by studying his books, etc. He was ostensibly an intellectual but self-taught with some courses he took on occasion. So as I sat in full lotus I was facing the condiments dispenser - I couldn't see any females and I didn't want to look. But suddenly this young Chinese female worker from McDonalds began cleaning the dispensers while in front of my full lotus. I could not move while in full lotus at my eyes were at the level of her backside. Suddenly she lept into the air and she yelled out in bliss and at the exact same time orgasmic ejaculation shot up my spine.

I could not believe what had just happened - and my friend pretended not to have noticed. But when I returned the next day the young Chinese female was laughing in bliss at the sight of me and she pushed her coworkers aside so she could take the register to make sure she could serve me. Then I knew that what I had suspected had happened really did happen - we had a mutual climax. But I wanted to test this out if it was really true and so I went to a study area of the University and I spied a comely fetching young female. I sat across from her while she was studying and she was dressed attractively and I also was studying as I did - only I sat in full lotus. I could feel the qi energy building up and being sucked in by her energy and as it built up then suddenly it would discharge the qi into her and at the same time I could sense she climaxed also. I kind of glanced up but she tried to pretend it didn't happen. So as I kept reading in full lotus the energy built up again but a bit stronger intensity and again it discharged into her as qi and she climaxed at the same time. After the 2nd time she then put her book down and she pretended to go to sleep in front of me. So then I kept sitting in full lotus and the energy built up again into a stronger intensity and discharged into her and now when the climax hit the internal ejaculation was stronger up the spine. At the moment it happened she then looked up at me and tears were going down her face.

That confirmed to me that we had mutual climaxes. That this was real. Of course I felt terrible about it and I was determined not to do that again. But at the same time I also pondered the meaning of this. No longer were females all dressed up to attract a mate - no longer were they using sex as a kind of limited supply energy to leverage males who could provide the means to help raise a family, etc. In other words I had completely bypassed the bourgeois commodity fetish "consumer unit" reproductive sex dynamics. Also I thought that this is my own body and I can sit in full lotus in public if I want to - I'm not breaking the law. So I decided I would keep sitting in full lotus in public. But females kept pursuing me and actively "pumping" the energy out of me or staring at me, etc. I had awakened a beast so to speak and I posted all these experiences online so that I would get critical feedback.

So then I continued having these experiences which I dubbed the "O at a D" or "orgasm at a distance" and the responses online were shock or anger or disbelief, etc. So I kept collating the experiences but I realized they were not limited to just the mutual climax. Still I had many mutual climaxes and some I would call "repeat customers." I realized that females were going into what primatologists called "female display behavior" and so I had to study more science to figure out what was happening - with the vagus nerve - and I studied more qigong, etc. But at the same time - I had other experiences which deepened my understanding. I could also heal people's anger blockages - at a distance - and their sadness blockages. I was in full lotus at work and a young male walked into the room and when my eyes met his then I was overwhelmed by sadness. I blurted out - "Why are you so sad!!" and he was shocked. He was so shocked that I would know his inner emotions since his face was normal and he had not said a word to me. As he stood in silence in shock then I suddenly realized he had just come back from a smoking break. I had been a lone in the room - no one else was there. I then heard myself saying - "you know smoking causes depression." He was 24 years old and we had discussed energy training before. He was interested but more in that bohemian manner but soon after he quit smoking and his sadness went away. Another time I was reading in full lotus in Burger King and I could see out of the corner of my eye this big Native American man with his food tray looking to see where to sit. As our eyes met then suddenly my liver filled with his anger. I knew I had to be careful and I didn't look at him again but he walked slowly past me. I was concerned he might attack me as I exorcised his anger - my liver got hot and then my pineal gland shot qi back at him - out of the back of my head as he sat behind and to the right of me. I was in one side of the restaurant and he was 90 degrees to me. I kept reading and slowly the burning heat in my liver went away and I realized I was safe. Suddenly he walked towards me and he said one thing to me: Thank you. I barely glanced up at him since I didn't want to risk him smelling me - as the qi energy going out of my skull would also pull up the lower body anaerobic bacteria of my intestines. I had to constantly use purification essential oil - I used tea tree oil as antiseptic and then peppermint to cover up the tea tree oil.

So I had adapted into my own strange - very strange - free tantra inner city healing qigong practice. I biked around the city, and I read books in the libraries or used bookstores - and while in full lotus reading I had psychic energy healing exchanges with strangers. Mainly the "O at a D" experiences. I even had a precognitive "O at a D" once. I didn't realize I was using up my Yuan Qi energy. No one on thetaobums could explain to me what was happening - in terms of alchemy - and in fact people on thetaobums had insisted I should not study the Taoist Yoga book as it was too dangerous. haha. So I had to keep pondering the philosophy and study science and more meditation and qigong books. At work I was able to work at nights when no one else was there and so I was able to build up my energy again. I biked to work in the winter and it was very cold out in Minnesota  and when I got to work I wanted some quick energy - there was a candy bar machine but it was just a metal box. When I went to put in the quarters then the quarters stuck to the side of the machine and rolled "up" the side of the metal box as my hand went over the quarters, wondering what was happening. I then decided to check my qi levels so I put my hands facing each other - my palms - and sure enough I felt strong magnetic force pushing my hands apart. I realized I had moved the quarters at a distance - telekinesis.

Soon after this young female coworker began "hanging around" after wards at work - pretending she needed to shovel papers - when in fact I knew she was overstressed. She was one of the few females left and my job was being automated and the computer manager had destroyed all the "turf" - the pieces of paper I organized - the paper which people called for the nonprofit fundraising. The workers were desperate since they could not make quota since the computer manager was transferring the turf to a new leased supercomputer speed dialer. So she was too stressed from the new impossible work conditions and she was hanging after work stalking me when normally I had been working alone. I felt sorry for her and so I filled her with energy and she survived the crunch. As I continued to do that - she even got promoted to be a manager. And as I continued to send energy into her then she got promoted to being the director. She still was stalking me and she would come in after her daytime shift was done and then she would pretend to have work to do while I worked - she would sit across from me. The problem was that since her jing energy was low then I had to eat a lot of meat to have energy to turn into qi for her and then I ate a lot of garlic and cilantro to purify the meat. But I still had to use tea tree oil as antiseptic and peppermint. I was a mess. Finally she said - after years of me doing this - that I had a "lot of charm" but too bad I could not talk. So I increased my tea tree oil output and I would take turns sending energy to her and then talking in between. After a couple hour tantra session like that she left and soon after I collapsed asleep from a tantra tea tree oil overdose.

The thing is that sending the energy is right brain dominant and so you can not talk while sending the energy but I could read at the same time since reading is left brain dominant. So I could read and send energy at the same time. I had dozens - hundreds of "O at a D" experiences and stories which I could relate. You have to first have energy to send. But the qigong master Chunyi said in his guild talk that he doesn't practice tantra since the energy you take in is too low frequency - when the female climaxes - the energy is just an energy blockage that you take in. Even though if the female has strong jing energy and you take that in when she climaxes it is still lower frequency. So I would have to convert that female jing energy back into qi. I realized I could fast if I was around females with strong jing energy - through the mutual climaxes as tantra. But as Bill Bodri and Master Nan, Huai-chin state the tantra practice is inherently limited to "emptying out the lower realm of form." This is what happened with the female coworker as we continued having mutual climaxes - then it went past lust and when together we had our hearts interwoven as qi energy. This was the yuan qi activated but that was the limit of the practice. And during physical separation there was sadness because lust is rooted out of the lungs - the lungs are the alchemical foundation of the water element - the lungs as metal are passion and so cause the yin qi as the heart's fire to go out of the eyes. So if you loose to much yin qi energy as the heart's fire this causes sadness and in extreme form can cause death as lose of yuan qi energy. This is documented by science - people can die from the right side vagus nerve to the heart being overstimulated.

So I had to quit my job as I had gone to far - the tantra could not be continued in public - my hours had gotten changed - I could  not work at night. I was still dumpster-diving my food and eating tons of garlic and I filled the workspace with the garlic crap smell. Meanwhile I had this strong mutual love with the coworker but ironically I had never been physically attracted to her. Sure there had been tantric lust but as science documents sex drive is not the same as attraction and yet love is based on the oxytocin body. I had discovered the secret connection of lust to love via tantra but I still didn't realize I had been using up my yuan qi energy. In fact the Taoist Yoga book says this is the main cause of failing in the training - the creation of qi energy increases the very passion that causes the loss of energy! I then left the city on my old three speed bicycle and I went to a Buddhist monastery set up by my Burmese friend who had been a refugee but now was a successful person and so he had brought a monk over from Burma. But as he and I discussed me moving to Burma to become a monk then I could read that this monk in his house was actually a perv - a fake monk - and he hit on me! The Burmese friend was also upset that I was fasting to purify my energy and I was sitting in full lotus to meditate - and he said this was not real Buddhism and he told me to study the books he had in the monastery. I did and I discovered that the first level of real samadhi in Theravedin Buddhism is called "Achievement of Cessation" and it requires a week long fast. haha. Also my understanding is that the Theravedin monks of Thailand - Phra Achran Mun - had sat in full lotus.

But from my academic studies on my own - I had discovered there was a tension in the Buddhist training - especially in Thailand and Burma. The Vipassana tradition relied on mind meditation whereas the "power" monks of the forest tradition relied on full lotus. The King and royal family would patronize the power monks to get their power but the royal family was considered corrupt by the democratic urban vipassana tradition. But as part of the democracy movement then the cities were taking over the monasteries as community charities run by the local community which did not have the experience in actual spiritual training. But meanwhile I had left the Burmese monastery in the middle of the night in the cold freezing rain - and I continued my dumpster diving tantra practice. I continued biking for 250 miles - I dumpster dived a big gas station chain that has packaged hamburgers. I had garlic with me. I continued on to a Cambodian monastery that was 200 miles away down the Mississippi river. It was under construction and as the head monk wondered what to do with me - then the monastery got a phone call. It was my Burmese friend, head of his own monastery, wondering what had happened to me! haha. So then I left the Cambodian monastery and I biked up to the forest of my parent's house. My dad had been at this point a chronic alcohol and his brain had deteriorated as I realized when he had taken me to visit my sister a few years earlier. I began clearing out the European invasive buckthorn which had destroyed our forest plant diversity.

I increasingly had precognitive experiences and when I found my dad's dead body my heart was filled with this amazing love. The night before I had psychically sensed he had a heart blockage when he returned from eating dinner with my mom who had previously moved to our second house as my dad was chain smoking and drinking. I had never picked up psychically a heart blockage like that from my dad and that night while I was in full lotus at the computer - suddenly I thought - "my dad just died." I ran up to check him in his bedroom but he was quiet and seemed to be sleeping. I'm not sure what happened but in the morning when I went into the bedroom his body was blue and I immediately called 9-11. But my heart when seeing his body was immediately overwhelmed with the strongest love I had ever felt. I knew he was experiencing that love when he had left his body and so I knew he was in a better place. I had studied NDE experiences as part of my training and I had seen ghosts and so I knew he was in a better place.

A few years later my mom had gotten sick where she had almost died but then the qigong master Jim Nance was offering free healing sessions at the qigong center. My mom was desperate and so she agreed to go with me. At one session I also brought an AFrican-American coworker of mine who had been interested in the qigong. My mom felt stronger after each session and she was really happy but the healing would not last. I had been sitting in full lotus for 2 hour sessions of meditation but suddenly Jim Nance called me. He asked me to help him with his qi-talks at the center. So then another time he called me and I asked him questions and he said how he could see in 4 directions out of his skull at the same time - the third eye. We talked for 2 hours but suddenly he said he was having a "conservation with my mom" as he was talking to me. She was asleep upstairs and I realized he meant he was healing her but I didn't ask him for details. The next day my mom who previously had been barely able to walk now for the first time in months cooked her own breakfast. My sister was in shock but my mom didn't know why she had so much energy. The next day she walked on her own to the mailbox which is a half mile walk there and back! She just had too much energy so she felt like walking. Her friends asked her what had happened. I still didn't say anything to her since I didn't want her to dismiss the healing. Finally after a week and she was still wondering what had happened I told her that Jim had done a healing on her while he was talking to me on the phone. Then when Jim called again I confirmed with Jim and I asked him if he had to send more energy and he said that he had to send energy several times and it was easier to heal her while she asleep so that her mind would not get in the way of the healing.

Jim and I continued to have a lot of interaction as he was working a book of his qigong training and also continuing his qi-talks and doing more phone healing. People online then asked me to contact Jim and we began interacting that way. And that continued until last fall - Jim made my head go on fire two times - the first time in 2005. At that point doing long distance healing was newer for him - when I had returned to class he said, "did you feel anything?" I was in shock since the energy had been so strong I had stopped meditating. When I shared that story with him ten years later he laughed and said that was my true Self manifesting - it was not something "external" to me. Another time I was ranting at Jim about politics while he was in the car - he got real quiet and suddenly I felt deep in my heart this strong qi energy. He explained he didn't want to listen to me so he left his body. But then he wanted to see where I was talking from and he said I was talking from my heart.

Thank you for sharing your amazing experiences.

It interesting that you feel that sitting in the lotus position is the mark of a qigong master.

I mean, since there are many styles of qigong that doesn't do seated practice.

Many would call seated practice meditation rather than qigong.

But I guess it is human nature to front what one can do, especially on the expence of others.

On the other hand, you writes that what you do is a parallel to a known nei dan practice.

In my experience, very few practitioners of nei dan would call what they do qigong.

And the students of Jim McMillan would definitly agree that the full lotus rocks.

But for them it is neigong.

Edited by Mudfoot
  • Like 1

I'm quoting Chunyi of http://springforestqigong.com but everything I wrote is my recollection and my opinion.

Chunyi said if you want to see if someone is a real qigong master just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease.

It interesting that you feel that sitting in the lotus position is the mark of a qigong master.

On the other hand, you writes that what you do is a parallel to a known nei dan practice.

In my experience, very few practitioners of nei dan would call what they do qigong.

And the students of Jim McMillan would definitly agree that the full lotus rocks.

To put things into perspective - Chinese language has many dialects and qigong master Yan Xin did many mass healings in China and many times the Chinese people could not understand his language.

The healing is not based on semantic terminology like "qigong" or "nei dan" or "neigong" - those are just words.

I am aware of the endless debates people have had about words on the interwebz regarding alchemy training.

I never used the term "nei dan" but I did say alchemy.

There's also "haidan" I think as a term and "dao yin", etc.

But I focused on specific methods like Quick Fire and small universe and full lotus and sun and moon meditation.

What I did learn is that contrary to the full lotus being the best - it is Quick fire that most quickly transforms jing into qi and qigong master Wang Liping states this as well.

Or maybe you don't want to call Wang Liping a "qigong master." haha. Yan Xin was trained first by his family but then Yan Xin was a Shaolin monk "qigong master" or again maybe that's not the correct term - also for his teacher Hai-tank.

Hai-tank - there's different spellings.

It's amazing that the comments to that video almost all say it's fake. People have NO UNDERSTANDING of the secrets of this training.

But Chunyi told me he also trained with the teacher of Yan Xin at Shaolin. Chunyi also trained with Master Yao at Shaolin and the basis of that practice was the 2 hour nonstop horse stance with thighs parallel to the ground. You can find this as a "pole" practice in the traditional kungfu training shaolin youtube documentary - the only way that is possible is if the lower tan tien is already full of qi. When that was done every day for 3 months then Master Yao said the third eye was fully open so they could do long distance healing which they did. So again I don't know what terminology you want to call that - I'll let you decide what you feel "comfortable" with what words you think are most "official."

But Wang Liping states that Tai Chi or standing active exercises are the quickest means to convert jing to qi.

That was the problem I had in training - I relied on full lotus when in fact to "cultivate" or build up the energy then the standing active exercise should be relied on.

But qigong masters have already fully opened their third eyes which means they can recharge their energy from the Emptiness directly - the Yuan Qi energy through the right side of the heart as the pin hole to the formless awareness of the Universe.

So Wang Liping also emphasizes that ONLY the full lotus meditation can open up the meridians in the lower back properly - what Gurdjieff called the Kundabuffer - and Yogananda states full lotus "burns bad karma." Only the full lotus, according to Wang Liping, enables a deep enough level of Emptiness. Yan Xin states it is full lotus sitting meditation that enables the mind to focus on visualization fully while standing active exercise the mind is more passive and the body more active. Wang Liping also states how full lotus enables the deeper Emptiness level.

Chunyi Lin did 49 day nonstop full lotus cave meditation. You can find similar training through http://qigongmaster.com of Master Zhang. Now Master Zhang is a Taoist alchemist - but he calls himself a qigong master.

Show me one person who would claim Master Zhang is not a real "nei dan" expert because he calls himself a qigong master! That is too hilarious. Please don't get caught up by trending marketing terms with people bickering about labels and semantics.

But again I was wrongly relying on full lotus because when there are lower emotional blockages as is the norm in modern society - lust, fear, anger, sadness, worry - then ONLY the quick fire method fixes the problem.

I recommend studying the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" - and try not to get hung up on semantics and terminology but rather instead focus on concepts.

So but I did have to study alchemy more to realize the errors I had in practice - for example Wang Mu's Foundation of Internal Alchemy book and also the Hui Ming Ching which is the source book for Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality - and the Hui Ming Ching also emphasizes that the number one error in training is thinking that celibacy is not necessary to store up the energy and that again the Quick Fire method is the only means to maintain celibacy.

So the basic concept is that the deep fast reverse breathing converts the jing into qi and then the fire of qi increases the shen via the Emptiness of the pineal gland - and then the purity of shen increases the jing.

For example Yuan Jing can be replenished via the ambrosia which is the overflowing of the qi-shen instilled in the cerebrospinal fluid of the brain and that fluid overflows out of the nasal cavity, activated by the tongue against the roof of the mouth. It is swallowed and this causes the stomach to burn hot and that is why a person should not eat a half hour after practice because the qi energy is then absorbed via the back of the stomach into the lower tan tien.

But first the yin qi has to be built up and this is done through the yin heel channels - which are opened up and demonstrated opened as sitting in full lotus in ease.

Master Nan, Huai-chin makes this point about Zen - that it became too focused on conceptual consciousness - zen poetry, etc. - and so it was lost that the body leg channels have to be opened up for true samadhi Emptiness to be achieved. So as Master Nan, Huai-chin says if the body is sick then the mind can not be emptied out at the final breath of life - and so there is no real qi that will empower the shen when it leaves the body and the shen will be confused as a ghost post death.

So the dizziness is caused by lack of qi surrounding the shen and this qi surround the shen is stored in the lower tan tien.

Chunyi reported that once even he overused his energy when he was healing people and so he too experienced this dizziness and so he had to have his advanced students teach his Level 3 class so he could meditate to recharge his energy.

Edited by celibacyandsexualenergy
  • Like 2

Chunyi is a very simple man, with a kind heart. SFQ itself is an end-to-end medical healing system, but it benefits the user in many ways, from health to spiritual. 

Chunyi seldom discusses complicated neigong methods, and actually offers a very simplified Qigong method.  He focuses on the essence of Qigong and growing as an individual.

I've heard him refer to his Level 1 movements as highly advanced for healing. This may seem counter-intuitive seeing their simplicity, but sometimes difficulty lies in making complex things simple and effective.  He designed every movement as whole-body balancing in particular, so they can be performed stand alone. This was to reach as many people as possible, because people are impaired in different ways.

His method uses the mind a lot to affect the body constructively for healing purposes, and works with the sub-conscious and message healing a lot. If you study SFQ, you'll be messaging your body a lot, especially in the emptiness.

The entire system relies on energetic transmission. He uses the term Master quite loosely compared to other Teachers. Basically you connect to your chosen Master via your MDT and then access greater energy to heal people.

He uses a very unique method via sound and the Master's energy to run the MCO. There are countless testimonials of the healing benefits of SFQ, many seemingly miraculous. The man never stops healing people and offering his help and time to others, and he's been doing so for over 27 years.

Basically, he's gained my complete trust and respect. His aura fills a room, and he's just a nice guy to be around. He'll spend as much time with older folks in his seminars than others, and makes no distinction between folks no matter where they are at spiritually.

Spiritually, I think his energy can take you far, as a by-product of studying this system. 

• Like 4

Please re-read my post.

Your somewhat heated response is slightly uncalled for. I merely stated that since many traditions of qigong do not sit for hours in the lotus position, you sort of invalidate their practice and the possibilities of becoming a qigong master, whatever you would imply by that titel.

I see no conflict in that someone is darn proficient in more than one form of practice. You brought that up, not me. I did not question anything more than the above.

So which is it, a medical qigong or a sort of alchemical training, or at least conducive to and supportive of alchemical training?

Furthermore can it be combined with other forms of qigong if done at a different time of the day? For example, my current daily qigong/neigong exercises are zhan zhuang thrice daily, Damo Mitchell's "Jiben Qigong" and Wuxing qigong twice a day, and finally I do Feng Zhiqiang's Hunyuan qigong in the evening. Would Spring Forest Qigong be in conflict with any of these?

Edited by Kongming

So which is it, a medical qigong or a sort of alchemical training, or at least conducive to and supportive of alchemical training?

Furthermore can it be combined with other forms of qigong if done at a different time of the day? For example, my current daily qigong/neigong exercises are zhan zhuang thrice daily, Damo Mitchell's "Jiben Qigong" and Wuxing qigong twice a day, and finally I do Feng Zhiqiang's Hunyuan qigong in the evening. Would Spring Forest Qigong be in conflict with any of these?

You should read his interview on the forum. 

I would say it's a medical qigong system, but not limited to that. There is no talk about alchemy, but you can do what you want with it. It can help you with laying a good foundation for more advanced alchemical work if you're into that kind of thing. 

If you're doing that much training, personally I wouldn't mix it. Not sure what you would be looking to gain. You will find that it gels well with other systems because every movement is whole body balancing - the Master recommends a 30 minutes buffer before and after for the body Qi's to stabilize when mixing with something else, for example Yoga or running. Taichi, he doesn't submit to the same rule and says you can mix freely. He actually recommends mixing with Taichi. He also does a few Yoga stretches daily himself.

If you're looking for a similar medical qigong system that uses an alchemical neigong process then check out Yamu's stillness movement. 

At least this is from my limited understanding, I don't know much about alchemy.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

I mentioned I had practiced Yan Xin as a supplement to my SFQ training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADb5ftbY6dg

Zhang HongBao was actually the final school that Chunyi did his intensive 49 day cave meditation training in.

Chunyi mentioned for his qigong master training he had to manipulate household current and you can see in this training video - a documentary of Master Zhang Hongbao - there is a huge room of students and in front of each one there is a light bulb with live wires and the student had to hold the live wires and then change the light bulb energy.

Chunyi has recently introduced different exercises based more on Buddhist philosophy whereas I prefer the most Taoist alchemy training he originally taught. But his focus is on the "unconditional love" energy as the Yuan Qi. He recently has used the terms Yuan Qi and Yuan Shen in his qi-talks.

So for an advanced qigong master level the key is the emotional love energy as the bridge into the shen light - and this requires a deeper unconditional love energy as emotional compassion and love but also the teacher's spirit goes into the student and merges with the student.

Chunyi calls this a "heart to heart" teaching - this is the highest level of teaching as the qigong master is sending in the Yuan Shen energy which then activates a person's Yuan Qi energy.

So for that level the student has to make personal contact with the teacher. Spring Forest Qigong requires a high level of loyalty just as Master Zhang HongBao did also. So that Zhang HOngBao biography video shows that the exercises are the basis for the original Spring Forest qigong exercises.

For example Chunyi relies on the "finger growing exercise" which is a simple external qi transmission that shows how the body can be healed - and this is the same exercise Zhang HOngbao used to also spread his qigong.

Also Zhang Hongbao had a guild practice group on saturdays at his retreat training center at the sacred Taoist mountain similar to the guild meetings for  SFQ and also Zhonggong, the school of Zhang Hongbao, had the same affiliate franchise model for business growth.

You can see that "Heavenly essence" qigong or "tinhua" is another name for Master Zhang Hongbao's school taught in the U.S. here http://qidragon.com/qigong-2/qigong/qigong-level-1-instructor-program/

Using the same "accelerated microcosmic orbit" meditation as the alchemical foundation of the practice just as with the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality.

As far as tai chi forms - it's best to keep to the same practice every day as there is a resonance effect and also to practice at the same times again for resonance effect.

Spring Forest Qigong is used for healing in hospitals and also the SFQ masters have been tested by the Mayo Clinic and University of Minnesota - top medical research facilities - with Dr. Ann Vincent reporting that the "external qi" healing of chronic pain results were "very impressive." You can also see another Dr. Nisha Manek who tested Spring Forest Qigong by co-authoring with Chunyi Lin for the Mayo Clinic medical textbook on complementary healing and so now she teaches energy healing research.  http://www.tillerinstitute.com/nisha-manek-md.html Dr. Manek moderated HH 14th Dalai Lama’s visit to Mayo clinic in 2008.

So you can see in that Master Zhang Hongbao video the healers dress in white as healing qigong doctors - but the practice is also a deeper spiritual alchemy training. Also the healing of external qi method is the same as SFQ teaches - with the opening of the small universe channels, etc.

Master Zhang Hongbao relies on Einstein for his philosophy - as you can see him refer to Einstein in his qigong lecture.

Chunyi also relies on this same principle of Einstein to teach his qigong.

So I would say Spring Forest Qigong is a medical science-based qigong training that teaches energy can be transformed for the better. Chunyi said he knows masters in the mountains of China training their golden aura immortal bodies.

Master Zhang Hongbao's final work was to unite the spiritual religious traditions of the world - but he had a Buddhist focus also - and similarly Chunyi has been working closely with the Tibetan monks in Minnesota and when the Dalai Lama goes to the Mayo Clinic hospital for treatments then the monks of the Dalai Lama have stayed at Chunyi's house. When Chunyi did go back to China he was recognized by a "Living Buddha" monk in a monastery closer to Tibet - the "living Buddha" changed his itinerary to go visit Chunyi and then Chunyi went to the monastery for a special ceremony - in the Tibetan tradition.

• Like 3

I mean, since there are many styles of qigong that doesn't do seated practice.

Many would call seated practice meditation rather than qigong.

But I guess it is human nature to front what one can do, especially on the expence of others.

Some schools say that full lotus is a must, but on the other side, there are also schools which do not practice full lotus at all, for example as I know a powerful system of Master Yan Xin, seems they sit just on a chair ... ,as seen from the pics, but if they use other sitting postures like lotus, I dont know ...  ;) 

Edited by Jox

The following is a cut/paste from another thread:

This is "drew hempel" again ... in order to correct the falsehood spread by Jox about Yan Xin qigong. People who have read this forum for years know that when I promote the full lotus consistently someone makes some egotistical excuse to try to dismiss the full lotus practice. In this case the excuse was a falsehood about Yan Xin. I waited for someone to correct this falsehood and no one did so I was forced to reregister.

Jox misleading makes this claim:

there are also schools which do not practice full lotus at all, for example as I know a powerful system of

He is claiming right there that Yan Xin qigong does not practice full lotus at all.

That's his claim but he is wrong!!!!

He gives misleading evidence to support his claim.

as seen from the pics, but if they use other sitting postures like lotus, I dont know ...

In other words he is arguing the error of "willful ignorance." He found pictures of beginning practice of sitting on a chair and then he proudly exclaims he does not know of other evidence.

That argument does not support his original claim at all!

It is a misleading and therefore false argument.

One can assume that Jox googled Yan Xin and full lotus. Or maybe he didn't even do such a precursory search as this? Maybe Jox just had bad logic therefore causing an error in his claim?

This is a common problem - bad logic.

This is a quote from Yan Xin - his book - Secrets and Benefits of Internal Qigong Cultivation. It's available online as pdf

Take full lotus leg crossing as an example. The effects of full lotus leg crossing are very different from a loose leg position, it is also different from a half lotus leg crossing. It is unnatural for people who cannot get into this position. But, when our subconsciousness tells us to get in the full lotus we should do it immediately. If we have even one negative thought, such as "Oh, I am not able to cross my legs" we will miss the opportunity. Hence, "naturalness" is also letting things run their own course. p. 105

Clearly Yan Xin qigong master is promoting full lotus meditation.

Now here is an online example of a student of Yan Xin qigong:

After three months of practicing Yan Xin Qigong, I started to practice bending and crossing both legs on each other in sitting position, which is needed to attain qi-gong power.

too bad it's an account of someone who stopped their qigong training. Still it's fascinating information that we can learn from.

Now I'm not saying "full lotus" is necessary - again let's be clear about the logic. The "yin heel" channels have to be opened and this can be done by standing horse stance - and that is much more effect at converting "jing to qi." Why? because the legs vibrating at 7 times per second resonate the Yuan Qi of the right side of the heart. The "Ocean of Qi" below the lower tan tien is the storehouse of the "yin qi" which has to be filled up to activate the Yuan Qi as Emptiness samadhi Tai Chi experience. The right side vagus nerve connects from the reproductive organs to the right side of the heart via the pineal gland. This is why the "pineal gland" emanates the yuan qi - as Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality details. As I mentioned - Wang Liping states that the standing Tai Chi exercises are the fastest way to convert "jing to qi" and this is because of the Quick Fire deep reverse breathing which activates the conversion of the sympathetic extreme adrenaline to the parasympathetic vagus nerve. The "yuan qi" is traditional the adrenal medullae on top of the kidneys - activated by the strong Quick Fire reverse breathing creating a literal physical pulsating of the adrenal medullae. Adrenaline is a positive feedback hormone of the hypothalamus and the "gray matter" neurons connected to the cerebrospinal fluid. The adrenaline and dopamine increase but due to the conversion to the vagus nerve there is an internal orgasm that increases the uptake of the lower body serotonin into the brain via the cerebrospinal fluid - this is the kundalini jing energy. The increased serotonin then increases the pineal gland DMT via increased melatonin. The sympathetic nerve goes directly to the pineal gland to increase the adrenaline as the positive feedback cycle of increasing jing energy.

So once the "yin heel" yin qi channels are opened then a person can sit in full lotus in ease for as long as they want. This is why Yogananda says full lotus "burns bad karma" - and his young students could sit in full lotus 9 hours nonstop. But Chunyi Lin went 49 days nonstop in full lotus as the traditional alchemy cave meditation training at the sacred mountain of Taoism in China.

As Master Nan, Huai-chin has emphasized - full lotus demonstrates the body qi channels opened up necessary for the first stage of real Emptiness samadhi. So you don't have to practice full lotus but if you can't sit in full lotus in ease then the yin qi of the lower tan tien has not filled up - and so full lotus demonstrates this energy charged up.

Thanks.

• Like 4

Hi Marblehead

I really thought YX Qi Gong does just sitting on the chair, as seen on the links. I choose wrong school comparison regarding sitting in full lotus or not, my mistake, sorry.

Thank you for clarifying ...  ;) 

• Like 1

Hi Marblehead

I really thought YX Qi Gong does just sitting on the chair, as seen on the links. I choose wrong school comparison regarding sitting in full lotus or not, my mistake, sorry.

Thank you for clarifying ...   ;)

Hi Jox,

I'm not directly involved in this, I'm just performing a function.  Drew is the person you should be talking with.  Disagreements and misunderstandings happen.  That is why it is important to talk; to try to get a better understanding.

• Like 1

Hi Jox,

I'm not directly involved in this, I'm just performing a function.  Drew is the person you should be talking with.  Disagreements and misunderstandings happen.  That is why it is important to talk; to try to get a better understanding.

Balanced ...   ;)

... and have a great day ...   :)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

I've reached quite an advanced stage thanks to this system but I practiced other forms of qigong to complement it. I've had experiences that I think I can't share here for now but I will say this Chunyi appears in my dreams from time to time to share his wisdom with me or to give me some energetic transmissions. I love SFQ, I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for Master Lin and SFQ.

• Like 9

I too have practiced the level 1 standing exercises on and off again for more than a year now...Last month I committed to doing it everyday and I am on day 12. I can really feel the channels opening up

Edited by Rakiel
  • Like 3