Sign in to follow this  
Jade02

Have any?

What are you looking for?

Meditation?

Qigong?

Martial arts?

Edited by steve

Eight Branches Healing doesn't seem to offer any of the above - it seems more a Chinese medicine practitioner that teaches some yoga and mindfulness meditation, not Daoist practices.

The Rochester Tai Chi Chuan Center was started by an excellent martial artist, Kai Sung, a student of the legendary Chen Pan Ling. I know their previous director well and am an acquaintance of a current instructor. They teach Chen Pan Ling's form which is a great form for both health and martial application (depending, of course, on how it's taught). They teach some other taijiquan forms as well but it doesn't look like much emphasis on qigong or meditation. Check out some of their videos on youtube.

Lisa O'Shea (Qigong Rochester) teaches what appears to be a more comprehensive program of taijiquan, qigong, and meditation. It looks like she teaches shiba luohangong which is a wonderful qigong set. I would study with her for that alone. She is certified by Yang Jwing Ming who is well respected in the US. Check out her Facebook page for some videos. 

My suggestion is to go check out both places - talk to a few students, watch a class or two. See what feels right for you. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this