Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Chi Kung, energy and material for insulation

I am curious to what the experience is of advanced practitioners. Does the energy of energy penetrate through materials that are used for insulation?

Billd Bodri for example mentions that true sexual cultivation (exchanging sexual energy with a partner) is NOT possible if using runbbers!

How about doing standing practices and wanting to draw up earth energy while wearing certain shoes? I personally can not think of myself practicing without shoes, as it would be much too cold, but what sense makes practicing if the material I wear does not make the energy get through to me?

How about clothes in general. Do you feel the cloth you wear interfere with your practices?

very curious

Harry

How about clothes in general. Do you feel the cloth you wear interfere with your practices?

I can't speak for dual cultivation, but generally, I find it easier to feel more energy flowing the less/lighter clothing I have on and the more fresh air I have available. Particularly when it comes to shoes, but I tend to prefer the grass/soil under my feet anyway.

But that's only when I can get away with it. This does not prevent me from practicing with heavy boots and hat, gloves, and wool when practicing outside in a blizzard. I just find it easier to practice the less I have on. I can't say for sure yet if it's a mental block I have, or something real about the practice that I can't detect.

Wearing anything that does not constrict blood flow and allows the skin to breath properly is a good thing. Also, if a material irritates the skin even slightly it interferes with Chi Kung in my experience. It's probably something to do with the blood flow to the skin being generally increased when practising. Materials that have a tendency to produce static electricity, UGH! Avoid those like anything.

Not sure about the shoes thing. Bare feet on soft earth is always best but wearing something like large rubber soled trainers doesn't seem to be a problem imo, as long as they don't pinch and I can move my toes around.

Not being 'advanced' you might want to take all that with a pinch of salt.

Good evening, gentlemen.

I have some experiences through practice, but also still a far cry from "advanced".

Personally, I agree that wearing less restrictive clothing and lighter, airy material that lets you move freely is helpful...but to be perfectly honest- I believe that open heart and sincerety has to be most important for drawing energy. I think that if the heart is open enough, your mind is comprehensive of what you are doing, and the collective cultivated energy is strong enough, that it may almost be easy to draw energy right through Stone. Steel. Doesn't matter...the boundaries become less I feel, when you are in practice and you know what kind of projected energy you are putting forth, energy flows back to fulfill that balance. When you are doing a qigong practice, or even still-meditation, if you are thinking of things that may become potential obstacles, then they will become that very thing. Looking beyond them, and reaching father out into the infinite vastness that is your inner being, you'll reach places you could never have imagined before.

Use one type of energy when you feel another one is getting too overpowering. If you are not sure, just give in to your body and spirit and it will show you how to re-issue what kind of energy needs to flow to restore any kind of imbalances.

Of course, everyone is different, everyone is changing, because we are human and every moment is a chance to learn from ourselves, and from others. The more you practice, just to practice, sometimes it is better not to worry over every small detail, as long as you remain receptive to your higher self and "flow with it" as it feels natural. I really love these kind of places, though, that you can go to when you feel like something you are doing is stagnant, or out of place, imbalanced, generally incorrect, etc.

Alot of times I don't run into too many problems...but again we are only human and mistakes just come with the territory.

Still movin' and flowin',

-Jessica

the sungazing world recommends bare feet, and Hira Ratan Manek recommends bare feet on sand or bare earth but not on grass as there's too much energy that will flow out of the suncharged body.

Sand probably doesn't conduct electricity very well--much like shoes in my opinion.

HRM says that the feet can pick up mineral nutrition from the ground.

Right now, I'm doing whatever with shoes or without shoes but staying off the grass when sungazing.

I doubt it matters much, but it's good to be aware of as a potential variable.

-Yoda

Hi girls & guys,

you unadvanced practitioners seem to have quite advanced souls.... WOW.

I'm bowing to everything that makes you up

Harry

Sign in to follow this