Oneironaut

What are your favorite qigong forms?

There's so many qigong forms out there that I don't know what to choose. What are your favorite forms and what goals are they supposed to achieve?

Sun Si Miao's "Tian Zhu An Mo" form...found inĀ http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Handbook-Chinese-Qigong-Ancient/dp/1848191979/ . It's for self healing...I end up feeling really balanced and well afterward. No other qigong has such a good effect in terms of that.

Also, being out in nature away from civilization and being natural (not having discipline but just following what you want to do out there). Forgetting about deadlines, things I need to do, or who I am supposed to be, by being in nature.

• Like 2

There's so many qigong forms out there that I don't know what to choose. What are your favorite forms and what goals are they supposed to achieve?

I practice Stillness-Movement (jingdonggong) so my qigong forms are the sets collectively known as Gift of the Tao. This system is healing oriented with a focus on developing healers.
  • Like 3

I still like Kunlun/Yi Gung.Ā 

Ā 

Me too. So simple, and it's rare to find a practice that has such a profound effect.

• Like 2

I still like Kunlun/Yi Gung. Ā Also primordial qi gong, aka "tai chi for enlightenment", as taught by Michael Winn.

Ā 

Me too. So simple, and it's rare to find a practice that has such a profound effect.

Ā 

Aside from attending a seminar or purchasing a book/DVD, any resources for this practice available online, either in video or descriptive form?

Aside from attending a seminar or purchasing a book/DVD, any resources for this practice available online, either in video or descriptive form?

Ā 

You could comb the many threads here using "Kunlun" as a search word, and you might get a usable description somewhere, but if youĀ“re really interested IĀ“d spring for Sifu Jenny Lambs self-healing dvd through easterninternalarts.com. Ā She includes several practices before and afterwards that you wonĀ“t find workably described here, practices that make it worth the buy, imo.

Ā 

So, I guess...short answer: no. (Not that I know of anyway.) YouĀ“ll find oodles of commentary from people who like the practice and those who donĀ“t, but if you really want to learn the most cost-effective approach is a dvd.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

You could comb the many threads here using "Kunlun" as a search word, and you might get a usable description somewhere, but if youĀ“re really interested IĀ“d spring for Sifu Jenny Lambs self-healing dvd through easterninternalarts.com. Ā She includes several practices before and afterwards that you wonĀ“t find workably described here, practices that make it worth the buy, imo.

Ā 

So, I guess...short answer: no. (Not that I know of anyway.) YouĀ“ll find oodles of commentary from people who like the practice and those who donĀ“t, but if you really want to learn the most cost-effective approach is a dvd.

Ā 

Thanks, I may have to purchase the DVD if the practices are as good as I hear.

The Eastern Internal Arts dvd is great.

There is also Max's book for the Kunlun perspective of it...that tells how to practice it.

I personally prefer to do the practice as described by Max, while sitting cross legged. Doing it the regular way is recommended at first (and I probably should still be doing it that way).

Joint Loosening Exercises and Shaking

Ā 

8 Section Brocade and Yi Jin Jing

Ā 

5 Yin Organ Exercises (J.A. Johnson)

Ā 

Shibashi (18 Movements of Tai Chi Qigong)

Ā 

Primordial Qigong (both the Wudang and Hunyuan versions)

Ā 

Soaring Crane Qigong

Ā 

Pan Gu Shen Gong

Ā 

Tai Chi Ruler

Ā 

Zazen

Edited by Dainin
  • Like 1

Wu Ji gong ... I am in love with this form, it is pure magic ... :)

Ā 

Five animals do 6HS. Very good set to stretch / clear the meridians and internal organs ...

Ā 

Just have been learned the 7 stars Big Dipper form ... There are 7 movements done along rhythmical steps + chanting mantra ... The form supposed to be very powerful ... After I will have had some experience with it, I can give more feedback ... :)

• Like 1

Hi Jox,

Ā 

You mentioned Wu Ji gong. Ā Do you mean the primordial qigong form taught by Michael Winn, among others? Ā The one he also calls Tai Chi for enlightenment? Ā If so, IĀ“d love to hear more about your experiences with it. Ā ItĀ“s something I keep coming back to but have yet to do long-term.

Ā 

Liminal

Hi Jox,

Ā 

You mentioned Wu Ji gong. Ā Do you mean the primordial qigong form taught by Michael Winn, among others? Ā The one he also calls Tai Chi for enlightenment? Ā If so, IĀ“d love to hear more about your experiences with it. Ā ItĀ“s something I keep coming back to but have yet to do long-term.

Ā 

Liminal

Ā 

Yes primordial ... I had learned it from a few DVD_s a year ago or something ... Just recently I received instructions from a teacher ... He prefers to do it in more structured way ... It is just fine to get some hints how to ... plus I got some additional info I didnt know before or maybe I didnt listen enough carefully to the dvd_s ... ;)

Ā 

Regarding experiences ... I expect nothing ... but every time there is something going on ... deep stillness, chi flow and/or changed consciousness state ... but probably here are a folks who probably have a much more experiences with wu ji gong than I have ... Maybe some of them jumps in and give some useful input ... Ā  :)

Ā 

Best, Jox ... Ā  :)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

There are some good forms in the book " the healing power of qi" it talks about the bases of qi gong being natural flow qi gong which is pretty much mindful breathing but being aware of your own qi flow and

Ā 

Spontaneous qi gong which is moving with the breath in what ever way your body feels.

Ā 

I learned a yang style long form though and do individual moves standing. (Wave hands like cloud, joining heaven and earth)

For beginning qigong connected with gongfu trainings, I like exercises Mad Cow Drinking, 10 Year-Old Boy Praying, Nostril Breathing Exercise, and entire form of Tid Sin Kuen.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

-VonKrankenhaus

From the few I tried Zhang Zhuang and Frangrance Chi kong...

I had most benefit from Moving Ying Yang Ā and no side effect...which is big word.. as I seem to be very sensitive energitically.

Ā 

Moving of Yin Yang with Master Chunyi Lin Spring Forest Qigong

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

For mental balance... it is supposed to heal... as well..

It may be a good one to practice if one makes a mistake in other practices. At least, this is what I used for,

Edited by centertime
  • Like 3

Right now my favorite is Ba Duan JinĀ å…« ꮵ 錦, my teacher calls our version Gu Chuan古 傳, it's a little different

Right now my favorite is Ba Duan JinĀ å…« ꮵ 錦, my teacher calls our version Gu Chuan古 傳, it's a little different

We use a form of the baduanjin as part of a warmup set in the Stillness-Movement system. I like it, too.

As of late my Qigong practice is:Ā 

Ā 

1. Stillness Movement Tree GongĀ 

2. Wu Chi postureĀ 

Ā 

Both are very energizing for the body. I like Tree Gong especially because it connects you directly to the land and trees have such a soothing chi to them. Working with Trees also helps amplify the circulation of chi and enhance the purificatory affects.Ā 

• Like 3