Sign in to follow this  
galloway87

Hi from the UK!

Hi, 

My name is David, currently living in the UK. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys, and looking forward to picking up lots of useful bits of info whilst I float around the forum :) 

• Like 2

Hello galloway87, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi David,

Yeah, lots of bits and pieces around here that should be picked up.  If I was still in the Army I would organize a police call.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

hallo fellow Brit :)

Hi Wilfred, how's it going? Nice to see another Brit here! How do you find following a Taoist lifestyle fits in with life in the UK? One thing I have noticed is a huge lack of teachers on our tiny island. 

Hi Wilfred, how's it going? Nice to see another Brit here! How do you find following a Taoist lifestyle fits in with life in the UK? One thing I have noticed is a huge lack of teachers on our tiny island. 

heya. doing well thanks! yeah it can be very tough to line up with this stuff here, i feel. the general vibration of people and also the weather are two factors that make it more uphill. lots of repression in our society along with the technology stuff that's become a hindrance to western people.

teachers...yeah. guess i'm lucky to have found someone who resonates and has a large community of students, but as far as i know there aren't many. particularly any who may be attained or lineage masters, which i think is important if you want to make real progress. i saw your post on the other board so i'm going to reply there too. you certainly touched on some stuff that's close to home.

peace :D

Welcome! Hope you find a good company here.

What do you want to learn? This forum is more like a coffee shop than a school.

• Like 1

Welcome! Hope you find a good company here. What do you want to learn? This forum is more like a coffee shop than a school.

Yeah, that's exactly why it's good for picking up bits of information while floating around it, as David says he wants to do.

Welcome! :)

• Like 1

Welcome! Hope you find a good company here. What do you want to learn? This forum is more like a coffee shop than a school.

I'm sure the company will be sterling  :D What I want to learn- I think I can sum this up by saying I want to learn to live skillfully and simply, whilst also discovering things about myself and the universe around me! Not much to ask ey? What about you Junko, what did you come here to learn? 

Sign in to follow this