Sign in to follow this  
Ginseng

Introduction - Good evening

Hello, good evening Dao Bums,

My name is Silvia, usename Ginseng ( love it). 

I found this web site searching google, I read some few posts and already got lots of help from them. 

I would be grateful if I could be accepted as part of this community.

I have problems with chi since child, actually most of my life I have had chi flowing naturally and I used to get really scared ( I used to think my sould was going away and I would become empty, I totally misunderstood the idea, or feeling, of emptiness,and I am just starting to understand now). When younger I would close my hands very hard to stop the flow ( for fear) and I guess I did a lot of harm to health for doing that so many times, until I started practicing tai chi and and started to understand.

I still have tons of doubts and still a long way to go before I can deal with chi, I really need help and advice on this, but mostly to be able to talk about it.

I am really glad to find a place I can talk about this thing that come out of our hands and someone actually believe it exists. 

I don't have a religion, but I love the Tao Te Ching. I handwrited it to make the text close to my mind, and keep it always at hand. Not exactly as an advice book, but for the beauty of the text that gives me a sense of awe. Apart from that I don't really don't know a lot about Taoism.

I am not sure this is a good introduction. Thank you so much for making this place where people can talk about this,

Silvia

• Like 2

Hello Ginseng, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Silvia,

Yes, that is a great introduction.

You should have no problem finding others ready and willing to speak to your interests.  There are many practitioners here who can offer suggestions.  Any comments from me will be generalizations.

I will suggest that you make a post in an appropriate sub-forum including the above beginning at "I have problems ..." and ending at "... about Taoism."

I think this would make for a great discussion.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this