Sign in to follow this  
Tatsumaru

Most Kundalini books are scam. Recommend a good read please

I've found that most books about kundalini, laya yoga and tummo are commercial crap.

Can anyone please recommend a good book on awakening kundalini/tummo?

Thanks.

Know how is only part of the equation.  Maybe a small part.  There's also the need for hard practice, a mentality of surrender, a body able to accept the energy and even a certain amount of karmic.. luck or fate.  I don't think any technique or pill comes with a guarantee of success even if one is doing it perfectly. 

That may not be a bad thing either.  For some Kundalini is poisonous.. they don't come out of the other end whole or happy. 

Thank you for the suggestions.

Is it true that improper practice of kundalini yoga may result in severe psychosis and death? Do we know how to avoid such issues?

Glenn Morris who led several people through Kundalini always said, keep your tonque up, body flexible, attitude positive, stay grounded.. helps but doesn't guarantee a smooth landing.

May I suggest looking though this youtube channel and seeing if they make any sense to you.  I haven't gone through it, but these guys seem to know there stuff. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqXHUNuIq69dnxAF5gPF2Q

sample-

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Glenn Morris who led several people through Kundalini always said, keep your tonque up, body flexible, attitude positive, stay grounded.. helps but doesn't guarantee a smooth landing.

May I suggest looking though this youtube channel and seeing if they make any sense to you.  I haven't gone through it, but these guys seem to know there stuff. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqXHUNuIq69dnxAF5gPF2Q

sample-

Thanks, I will investigate the channel.

What does "stay grounded" mean?

Edited by Tatsumaru

Thank you for the suggestions.

Is it true that improper practice of kundalini yoga may result in severe psychosis and death?

Yes but that is overly dramatic and unlikely, since it takes effort to drive oneself crazy;) most people just dabble in this. A mild to mid level discomfort is a sure thing though.

Do we know how to avoid such issues?

No, unfortunately you guys do not know how.

What does "stay grounded" mean?

Others with personal experience can probably answer this better.   Imo, Sometimes people run hot energy.  It can have physical and mental manifestations from overblown ego to not being able to sleep and getting frantic..  Stay grounded means.. um going for walks, slowing down when things get hot, just sitting, staying humble, not obsessing.

It helps if your body is healthy and purified.  That is...you have not been abusing your body with drugs and alcohol and eating excessively with crappy food.  Somewhat active would help.  And having an engaging intellectual mind.  Don't dabble with magic or some other weird paths.  

Mine was spontaneous.  I had some bad childhood experiences and trying to live my life in America (somewhat unpleasant).  Forcing me to withdraw from the world and to immerse myself in books and knowledge...leading a very introspective life during my college year.  Almost like I was on my own program.  I was trying to find myself, speaking in the language of the hero's archetype.  In the process, I sacrificed a lot in my life as a teenager.  Eventually, I had a break through around 18.  Never experienced any of the symptoms.         

i would suggest you to seek out advice from people who have opened kundalini themselves. If you're not ready it can be really difficult for years and years. Michael winn has a system for opening it in a gradual way.

• Like 1

Too much focus on Kundalini in our New Agey culture. Just do a daily disciplined practice with a history of waking people up. You wouldn't be able to do that if Kundalini wasn't moving. Read the sermon on the mount...great text on Kundalini.

Sign in to follow this