ralis

The Panama Papers

Leaked documents of at least 11.5 million which includes offshore shell companies, secret bank accounts, many of which are held by VIP's and government leaders.  Reddit has all the updates.

https://www.reddit.com/live/wp1fvdxxwb45/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141401766

An investigation published today by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists and its media partners reveals the hidden workings of a secretive industry that banks and lawyers use to hide the financial holdings and dealings of powerful clients, including prime ministers, parliamentarians, plutocrats and criminals, according to a trove of leaked documents.

The project — which included a team of more than 370 journalists from more than 70 countries — is believed to be the largest cross-border media collaboration ever undertaken. Journalists working in more than 25 languages dug into Mossack Fonseca’s inner affairs and traced the secret dealings of the law firm’s customers around the world. They shared information and hunted down leads generated by the leaked files using corporate filings, property records, financial disclosures, court documents and interviews with money laudering experts and law-enforcement officials.

Read more: https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016/04/03/19503/massive-leak-reveals-offshore-accounts-world-leaders

A massive leak of more than 11.5 million documents exposed the offshore accounts of current and former world leaders, The Center for Public Integrity reported Sunday.

The investigation of the files, known as the Panama Papers, was published Sunday by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists.

Edward Snowden tweeted about the news on Sunday.

"Biggest leak in the history of data journalism just went live, and it's about corruption," he tweeted with a link to the Panama Papers.

Biggest leak in the history of data journalism just went live, and it's about corruption. https://t.co/dYNjD6eIeZ pic.twitter.com/638aIu8oSU

Trouble is its Soros that has been funding this research. Looks to me like the rich are beginning to eat themselves, as space at the top table is growing tighter. It's all a bit too meh. Who cares, I knew they were all corrupt anyway. It's just that a few of them are now being singled out. Several on the list are publicly black listed in the USA for terrorist support. Are the movers and shakers trying to shift the spotlight since the Syrian mess has left Putin looking like a very succesful global strategist and peace maker.

Something doesn't feel right. Hark at me with the intuition :-) but somethings off, I can smell it. Black flag event soon, dirty bomb terrorist attack ?

• Like 3

I'm not the only one wondering if this is a carefully managed leak aimed at a few 'to be chucked under the bus' whilst passing over the big Western corporates and politicians. A few will be sacrificed for balance. Lord Ashcroft in the UK was already walking around with a knife in his back, there's an old biddy in the Lords, Cameron's dad who won't impact on a PM shortly to vacate his position. The Icelandic PM-you know that tiny, tiny, tiny little country.

I notice it isn't just Soros, but Rockefeller, Carnegie, Kellogs and the ford foundation attacking anyone going against the UN.

Effectively this is the NWO group, the whole sorry mess of social engineering, Darwinism, feminism, communism and global warming Eco lunacy. Stretching from Unesco, club of Rome, UN, club of Belgium.

Bet Ralis is frothing with excitement.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/04/corporate-media-gatekeepers-protect-western-1-from-panama-leak/

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

I think it will be interesting to watch how various governments and news agencies address this story.

This is an extremely efficient approach, BTW, if taken at face value (as seems to be the case so far).

Edited by Brian

I think it will be interesting to watch how various governments and news agencies address this story.

This is an extremely efficient approach, BTW, if taken at face value (as seems to be the case so far).

You lost me there Brain what's an extremely efficient approach?

Just don't expect too much happening as a result of the "leak".

It's been going on for years and I really don't expect anything to change.

Sounds hilarious when it's referred to as 'money is hiding'.

The news was broken in the UK by the Guardian-one of the chief money hiders having been started through an offshore trust and continuing to operate through one in the Cayman Islands.

Government getting desperate to pillage any group not supporting its aims of helping out the banksters, corporations and political/media arse lickers.

This sort of evidence "leaked" and tried in the court of public opinion apparently without meaningful vetting is a powerful tool to manipulate the course of political affairs. Assuming for the moment that the data are factual, it seems incomplete. That carries with it an extortionate flavor -- play ball or your name is on the next list -- and this threat need not have merit to be effective even if the object is squeaky-clean and ignores it. People seek details which they believe reinforce their beliefs and trust their validity even if subsequently proven false.

• Like 2

Trouble is its Soros that has been funding this research. Looks to me like the rich are beginning to eat themselves, as space at the top table is growing tighter.

There are good rich and there are bad rich. This is good old money and central banks against the orks. I am rooting for the central banks on this one.

left Putin looking like a very succesful global strategist and peace maker.  

sure, right after hussein, caddafy and assad.

Well we know how it goes by now, consensus and polls. Tame media kangaroo courts.

I vote for more tax havens that we can all use.

• Like 1

There are good rich and there are bad rich. This is good old money and central banks against the orks. I am rooting for the central banks on this one.

sure, right after hussein, caddafy and assad.

There are good poor and bad poor. I'm bored already of this kind of bullshit.

There are good poor and bad poor. I'm bored already of this kind of bullshit.

eh bien, are not we all? but such is life, nothing doing.;)

I see an article today on ZH which suggests that the biggest Tax haven is now the USA itself due to inpenetrable laws protecting dirty money and that Rothschild has a business mirroring Fonseka. Looks like that the US fat cats want to put its competitors out of business, discredit Putin and put the fear into anyone who opposes them.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

It is sad that we must treat such revelations with suspicion and look for the motives behind the latest disclosure of ill doings by one faction or another.

A  fact of life that nothing is quite what it seems when it comes from the government or the media all of whom have their own agenda's.

Such stories also cause great upset to the common man because of a double whammy. Not only can he do nothing about such criminal avoidance of complying with tax law - he has no access to the means of so avoiding the payment of tax himself.

• Like 8

It is sad that we must treat such revelations with suspicion and look for the motives behind the latest disclosure of ill doings by one faction or another.

A fact of life that nothing is quite what it seems when it comes from the government or the media all of whom have their own agenda's.

Such stories also cause great upset to the common man because of a double whammy. Not only can he do nothing about such criminal avoidance of complying with tax law - he has no access to the means of so avoiding the payment of tax himself.

If the common man would stop acting like a proxy thief then there would be no necessity for tax havens, or the political pull that creates the corrupt rich. Even now they are shouting for the Government to do something about the Port Talbot Steel plant-doing something meaning to get the tax payer to shell out for a unprofitable private enterprise. Once you get to voting for stolen loot to be passed to some deserving cause-which may or may not include the voter and his immediate family-then it's a granting of theft for any purpose. Those that make money honestly have to find ways of protecting their earnings from corrupt politicians and the safe havens become an attraction for those who corruptly gained their wealth by political pull and graft.

Stop supporting State tax thieving. Stop supporting kidnapping, incarceration and the oppression of voiced dissent. Vote Liberty.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

As to the common man - I recall once calling the HSBC customer services line with an innocent question about transferring some money abroad - and their first response was to offer me an offshore account!  I was quite stunned.  But am always reassured that what I still think of as the Midland Bank is up to it's eyes in every little dodge and scam going.  I feel safe in their hands.

• Like 2

As to the common man - I recall once calling the HSBC customer services line with an innocent question about transferring some money abroad - and their first response was to offer me an offshore account!  I was quite stunned.  But am always reassured that what I still think of as the Midland Bank is up to it's eyes in every little dodge and scam going.  I feel safe in their hands.

Think of the children. Won't somebody think of the children. :-)

Here is the thing.  We all know the world is corrupted.  The problem arises when some are more corrupted than others.  Of course, all the western medias are trying to link this leaks to Putin even when his name didn't appear at all in those leaked documents.  LOLOLOLOLOL

Also, many of these leaked information are useless without using them within a political context.  That is, these information should be used on an emerging political crisis in order to produce certain results. 

For an example, trying to find out if Erdogan created a shell company to buy and sell oil from the IS.  Anything on Trump?  So far, the medias have been focusing on stable political leaders.  Of course, I am not rich enough to care about the leaks.  The Snowden saga is different.  The information affects all of us.  It confirms what we know already. 

Here is the thing.  We all know the world is corrupted.  The problem arises when some are more corrupted than others.  Of course, all the western medias are trying to link this leaks to Putin even when his name didn't appear at all in those leaked documents.  LOLOLOLOLOL

Also, many of these leaked information are useless without using them within a political context.  That is, these information should be used on an emerging political crisis in order to produce certain results. 

For an example, trying to find out if Erdogan created a shell company to buy and sell oil from the IS.  Anything on Trump?  So far, the medias have been focusing on stable political leaders.  Of course, I am not rich enough to care about the leaks.  The Snowden saga is different.  The information affects all of us.  It confirms what we know already. 

There are 11.5 million documents and it will take awhile to reveal all. Apparently Wiki Leaks is creating a searchable format of all documents.