Yellowmonkey

Cultivation bottleneck.. can you help?

So, i've been working on cultivating recently and i can fully activate and feel my dantians (easiest the upper, hardest the lower dantian). Also i sence something like a river of energy transfering from the lower to the middle dantian. But i dont know how to proceed from this point.. can anyone give me any pointers?

P.S. i didn't know where to post it so i did it here..

• Like 2

This is as good a place as any to post your question.

I have no answers.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to assist you.

• Like 2

Seems that many of our members took the weekend off.

Just making this post in order to bump the thread.

• Like 1

So, i've been working on cultivating recently and i can fully activate and feel my dantians (easiest the upper, hardest the lower dantian). Also i sence something like a river of energy transfering from the lower to the middle dantian. But i dont know how to proceed from this point.. can anyone give me any pointers?

P.S. i didn't know where to post it so i did it here..

Can you give us some details as to what cultivation practices you have been doing?

Very generally speaking I find it is best to note any changes like flows of energy and so on - but not to 'follow' them.  In other words just continue with your practice otherwise you end up chasing your energies tail so to speak.  Just see them a positive signs.  Most of practice until you become advanced is laying the foundations - that is restoring energy, conserving energy and removing blockages.  Your meridians and vessels have to become reasonably clear and charged with energy.  At the same time it's important to cultivate stillness in your heart-mind with so called formless meditation.

• Like 4

I'm sure we can give you som good, bad or worse advice

If you have hardest to feel the LDT, work more on that or you might build in a weakness or a glass ceiling in your practice.

Otherwise, how to go from there depends on where you want to go.

Power. Abilities. Insight.

Working on stillness/space is often useful.

Edited by Mudfoot
  • Like 1

well its interesting that you have activated the upper dantien without connecting the lower dantien to the upper dantien.

Can you describe your meditation experiences?

Having a cultivated upper dantien, you should be able to raise kundalini to your head. 

It is relatively easy to feel sensations in the head area while not in the Lower Dan Tien (LDT).

So let's not assume it is your Upper Dan Tien (UDT) - lets just leave it at: you have sensation in the head.

Since we know nothing about what your practice has been - we will assume this has not been going on too long and that you are working without a teacher.

Definitely do not make the jump to the conclusion that because you can feel sensation in your head you should consider bringing kundalini up there.

Try always to clarify what you know from experience from making assumptions - and even then - try always to retrace any growing understanding with the general idea that it is possible what you think you know is simply something you have solidified on while being in general darkness from a much wider viewpoint. One of the great things about Qi Gong is that it helps to break up these solidified positions that stunt our growth and create such long time and often lifetime barriers.

So - you feel sensation in the head and not in the area of the LDT - this is true for everyone on the planet in the beginning, in fact this is true for most of your body - place your attention on your hands, feet, fingers, toes, lips, nose, eyes, and anything you have heightened nerve endings in and you will feel them ten times as easily as an area primarily made of fat and gross muscle. And do you feel your Clavicle's? You use them all the time - how about your pelvis bone or your backbones - relatively major items.

Much of what you are able to feel right now is simply the static from habituated buzz and it is located in the analyzer which is roughly located in the general vicinity of the brow chakra but slightly behind it. It looks like a white fuzzy popcorn exploder - this is where we live and die a thousand lifetimes that do not exist.

It takes time and perseverance to feel many of these new things - and yet with constant practice time will go by faster and faster and possibly at some point that illusion of time will show itself to you - but first things first - you are practically still on the sidewalk and not in the road yet. (And I don't mean that in a demeaning way)

The sidewalk is a perfectly legitimate place to be at any point in time - it is out of traffic and out of commitment - you can sit and ponder - nothing wrong with this. Pondering is completely Ok - in fact you can learn to do pondering in a no-pondering space - it's called stillness - it allows you to hear see feel outside of the screaming buzz and all the books and other peoples answers.

While you are practicing non-pondering you might occasionally get up and practice Qi Gong at the same exact time - you can non-ponder while breathing into your LDT.

At some point in time you will find yourself breathing in the whole universe from there.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3