Sign in to follow this  
THACS

Story of a wanderer

At age 24, 25 days before his 25th birthday he died, some say he brought something back with him.  He is a Rooster (Phenix) and a Dog. When he was 45, on December 6th, a Roshi sitting before a statue of The Buddha within a Zendo caused Suffering to a student not once but twice in front of others and he sensed it.  When he was face to face, heart to heart and soul to soul with that Roshi, the Roshi saw the mark on his left hand and moved away from him.  Some Zen Buddhist have changed their websites to the "Old" colors after an encounter with him.  Even the Taoist that benefit on the suffering of others have removed websites after a single email.  When he gets pissed, all becomes quiet, becomes still, his voice deepens and you feel it at the very core of your existence.  Some say it's prophecy, others say it's Manjushri in Buddha form, containing the wisdom of 1000's of Buddhas. 

But all you have to do is look around, look at the world, What outweighs what, Compassion or Suffering?

That's heavy!

I don't normally come here to the Buddhist sub-forum but for whatever the reason I wanted to read your post.

Individual and universal Chi are at play here.

• Like 2

Yeah , its an interesting story , a bit confusing to me though , is just what would piss off a Buddha?

But actually suffering and compassion , cannot outweigh each other. 

Mañjuśrī is depicted as a male bodhisattva wielding a flaming sword in his right hand, representing the realization of transcendent wisdom which cuts down ignorance and duality.

Edited by Stosh

Yes and that is what my Book does, when you are either awake or sleeping does not matter.

Mañjuśrī is depicted as a male bodhisattva wielding a flaming sword in his right hand, representing the realization of transcendent wisdom which cuts down ignorance and duality.

• Like 1

So ,, it was a trick question , and you already realize suffering and compassion are a bogus dualistic paradigm to be chopped up with the burning sword of truth? Very good. 

Here's Pure Reality, you may have to read it, multiple times to understand it.

If people were blind, there would be no Appearance.
If people were deaf, there would be no Suffering.
If people were mute, there would be no Hate.
If people were all three, there would be,
The Peace of Happiness
The Silence of Bliss

Since people see, there is Appearance.
Since people hear, there is Suffering.
Since people speak, there is Hate.
Since people have all three,
there is
The Silence of Happiness
The Silence of Bliss

If people could not Feel, there will be Nothing.
If people have no Compassion, there will be Nothing.
The Silence of Happiness
The Silence of Bliss

If you don't what that question is asking you are not living in reality.  Just living, living in the construct of your "mind".

The very moment One gave birth to Two dualities existed.

Appearance, suffering, and hate are elements of duality.  They are reality.

But then, appearance does not have to generate suffering and hate.  That is an option.

And yes, happiness is oftentimes silent.  I don't know too much about bliss.

I like alot of butter on my toast - I mean personaly speaking you know - that kind of BF (Edit: Breakfast I mean) gives me the giggles when mixed with espresso and a woman in labour next door

I can highly recommend it!!!

Edited by RigdzinTrinley
  • Like 1

If you don't what that question is asking you are not living in reality. Just living, living in the construct of your "mind".

Fine, but I still dont get the question....It appears you asked two questions ,neither of which fit english norms. anyway..

If I absorb an implied insult ,act deaf, there may still be peace, if I speak anyway, I am not mute, but there is still no hate. And If I dont understand your wording I am blind, but not at peace.

So the passage ,as I said, Isnt valid, unless you make a conscious attempt to force fit it with reality.

HH the DL, should be sent some other passage to potentially enlighten him more than he currently enjoys.

Edited by Stosh

When you are Born, you are Born without Choice, Born without a Name.  At that very moment you learn the Name that was Chosen for you, you remember, You were Born without Choice, Born without a Name. You learn that if you do not make Choices, others will Choose for you and what they Choose may not be the Choice you would Choose.  Some say that is the very moment when Duality is born.

Would you like to Know how to find ALL the reincarnations forms? Know the very place where if your Soul did exist within you, the name of it?  The very thing that removes Blind faith.

Functional eyes, ears, voice are equally free to be used to appreciate the phenomina of perception and sharing awareness of compassion. To perceive is not to suffer. To speak is not to suffer. To listen is not to suffer.

Only the choice to interpret phenomina as suffering is to suffer, and as no being deserves your compassion more than yourself, choose a compassionate interpretation of phenomena and conclude the choice to suffer.

Making this choice requires nothing more than awareness no one else can think your thoughts for you, and perfect mindfulness has never once escaped your sole domain. Everything you can see, taste, smell, touch, hear can be taken from you and will inevitably crumble to dust.

The choice of how the mind chooses to receive the perceptions of phenomina remains unbreakably the exclusive domain of the perceiver.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

Edited by Bud Jetsun
  • Like 2

The very moment One gave birth to Two dualities existed.

Appearance, suffering, and hate are elements of duality.  They are reality.

But then, appearance does not have to generate suffering and hate.  That is an option.

And yes, happiness is oftentimes silent.  I don't know too much about bliss.

Bliss: It's Happiness evolves to a hyper-happy then Bliss, In Bliss some feel if they are "floating" and can have an Out of Body experience, they have felt hitting the ceiling, jerk and be back to hyper-happy or Happiness evolves to a hyper-happy then Bliss and you can not feel your body, if holding anything, they either drop it with no reaction or catch themselves from dropping it, pulling them out of Bliss to hyper-happy.  Only certain people have possessed that state when they are to my right.  

• Like 1

Thanks for your definition.  Yeah, I can understand why I doubt I have ever had the experience.

That's okay though.  "Peace & Contentment" are good enough for me.

• Like 1

Which action weighs more heavily? Eating dog meat or cat meat?

I have no idea.  I have never tried either.

I'd be careful what animals you eat, unless you are a cannibal.

Which action weighs more heavily? Eating dog meat or cat meat?

I'd be careful what animals you eat, unless you are a cannibal.

I have known some people I wouldn't even touch let alone eat.

I neither eat nor touch people. For some reason some Buddhists like to shake hands, until they see the "mark" on my left hand, with the tassel on my handmade mala and slowly back away.

• Like 1

Those that keep The Sacred Lotus Flower Sutta within their Hearts,
"the Mantra is the Mind" and "the Body is within the Fleeting World".
Therefore in Emptiness there are no instructive meanings,
is there in this: The Great Cart thumps in agitation.

The mantra (Namu Myoho Renge Kyo) is the mind (of Buddha)
the Body (ultimate reality as it is, 'Jisso', now) is within the fleeting world.
The great cart thumps in agitation like the
ferry thumps impatiently at its mooring before the journey.

So, one must enter the room, dawn on the robe, have Buddha Compassion,
sit on the Throne and be Without Self, sense ultimate reality as it is,
all in this fleeting world: A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.

or

So, one must enter the room, dawn on the robe,
have Compassion without Choice,
sit on the Throne and be Selfless, sense ultimate reality as it is,
all in this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.

Ignorance - Fear- Hate - Suffering
When people are born, they are born without Choice.
When they grow up and learn their Name,
they remember they were born with no Name,
born without Choice.   You learn that if you do not Choose,
others will choose for you and that choice may not
be the choice you would choose.

“ The cause of all sorrow lies at the very beginning; it is hidden in the ignorance from which life grows.
Remove ignorance and you will destroy the wrong desires that rise from ignorance;
destroy these desires and you will wipe out the wrong perception that rises from them.
Destroy wrong perception and there is an end of errors in individualized beings.
 Destroy the errors in individualized beings and the illusions of the six fields will disappear.
Destroy illusions and the contact with things will cease to beget misconception.
Destroy misconception and you do away with thirst.
Destroy thirst and you will be free of all morbid cleaving.
Remove the cleaving and you destroy the selfishness of selfhood.
If the selfishness of selfhood is destroyed you will be above
 birth, old age, disease, and death, and you will escape all suffering.”

"Through many births I sought in vain The Builder of this House of Pain.
Now, Builder, You are plain to see, and from this House at last I'm free;
I burst the rafters, roof and wall, and dwell in the Peace beyond them all."

Sign in to follow this