Sign in to follow this  
Sunya

Dr Glenn Morris on entering the void

here's an excerpt I typed out from Shadow Strategies by Glenn Morris dealing with the 'void' and how to get there. anyone have an experience of the void?

ntegrate the mind body and spirit (energy) through chi kung meditation and physical exercise that trains the intention

empty the mind of chatter through silencing the social self, which reduces ego centrism and desire

once the mind is smooth and silent without expectations, begin contemplating the positive and beautiful with feeling until you have a full understanding of passion, or integratively focused intention, taking the time for developing self-awareness

open each chakra and bring its energy up your very erect spine until all the energy is circling upward to the brain, this process is guided through following the breath then guiding it

seal the orbit with your tongue pressing into the roof of the mouth as you patiently focus your attention on the area between and above your closed eyes

with no socialized expectation, allow your self to experience whatever begins to happen. but be stealthy as you approach the darkness as recommended by Meister Eckhart, Lao Tzu, and St John of the Cross, remembering the ninja does not fear power or evil (if you do not understand power and evil, be prepared to take some damage)

with joy and reverence in your heart, enter the unknown terrain like a polite guest who does not intend to overstay his welcome in the spirit world. which is the home of the powerful dead

pay attention to the movement of energy on the back of the eyelids. as your skill increases, the phosphenes will change color as your internal energy increases. carefilly observe what happens to them when you are relaxed. they may begin to offer you mini hallucinations. observe these patterns and figures. give them attention, feed them more energy by concentrating your energy around the eyes. thi sis called developing the third eye. after a while you will be able to "see" into your body. its like looking down into an empty barrel. as your chi level increases it is like looking at a tree that is on fire.

this is the first stage and often results in the healing of many physiological problems. the second stage is learning how to move the energy around when you are walking, healing, or practicing your taijutsu. once you have reached the point of being comfortable with acceptign energy, attempt to push it out of your third eye through the practice of of concentration and breath regulation. the third stage os following the breath or energy wherever it may go. with enough third stage practice, you can enter the spirit world with your spirit in meditation. create and image of yourself on the back of your eyelids. give yourself permission to see with its eyes and feel with its senses. push it forward into the void using your life force or chi. Be cool, the natives are restless.

The same reason you did on mine to piss me off i guess?? :rolleyes:

When you do your kunlun and start shaking where are you at in your consciousness?

Where does Kunlun take you when you are supposively in Bliss?

Reaching Bliss is high level so you must know this answer?

Are you truely reaching bliss in kunlun practise, what does bliss mean?

i can't understand you, sorry.

anyway, any readers of Glenn Morris here?

personally i can't get enough of all the juicy wisdom pulsating from every sentence in the book. i'm constantly re-reading pages

The same reason you did on mine to piss me off i guess?? :rolleyes:

When you do your kunlun and start shaking where are you at in your consciousness?

Hey man, calm down.

Sean

Hi Wun Yuen Gong,

I have only been doing the practice for a month and I am not even sure I am doing it correctly, but I will try to answer your questions from my perspective:

I try to empty my mind. Sometimes I briefly don't even feel my legs pumping then mindfullness returns.

I still haven't experienced anything I would call "bliss".

Hmmm... is this a question or a statement?

I don't know and I don't know.

P.S. I have Clear Light of Bliss: The Practice of Mahamudra in Vajrayana Buddhism on order from amazon. Perhaps some of these questions are answered by Kelsang Gyatso. I will keep you posted.

This is not related to Dr glen morris but Xiang Gong (Fragrance Qi Gong) is great for entering the void. This Gong is based around the concept of no intent. Thats why some people seem to think Xiang Gong actually come from the Buddhist's, but recently i have discovered it didn't

Basically when practicing you don't apply any intent (Yi) to the exersises,you don't focus your mind any where well you focus on nothingness and at the same time you don't if you know what i mean. Focusing on anything when practicing even the breathing will defeat the purpose of this gong

The last exercise you bring your hands in front of your heart in the prayer mudra and let your self go into the Void. A great Experience !!

Sean,

Im calm mate, its just i have started threads and these guys not all but some just have come on and destroyed it with there attitude and childlike manners. They say its a forum that is fine, but when the shoe is on the other foot is "OH you cant do that:".

Anyway i do enjoy your foundation forum and im sorry its soon to me shut down, i would love to be a member of LSD if there is any in Australia?

WYG

MICHELLE nice mullet!!! lmao Ill leave you alone now....... :D

i wonder what the point is in exploring the void aside from curiousity

Edited by mikaelz

I really enjoyed Morris's work. The West lost one of its most knowledgeable, friendly esoteric pioneers when he died. I have his first 2 books and tape series.

I'm just taking steps into increasing quietness and peace. The void can wait a while. Not that I want to avoid it. I hear its a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there B)

Michael

The void can wait a while. Not that I want to avoid it. I hear its a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there B)

Michael

Too late! You already live there... :)

True, but I keep the lights on. I look forward to hitting the dessert at night. Darkness, quietness. Living in the city all my life makes those things rare experiences.

I have Glenn Morris's Meditative Mastery Series. Its on cassette (6 I think), which is too bad. Most of it follows his first book. The production quality is so so, but if you're a fan of the book you'd love it. I think it was redone and is out on CD's at the old Hoshin site.

There are a number of guided meditations on it. Things like The Cave where you create your own free form world, others based on elemental archetypes. They're open ended to give you space to create and explore within them.

Most important is his Secret Smile meditation. Its the same as the book but he reads you through it. Instead of being organ based like Chia's system, it fills the microcosmic orbit up w/ positive emotions, ending w/ sexual charged energy. It really does bring a smile to the face. You're supposed to end it by staying seated in the void (thoughtless), for as long as you can.

It also has a couple of breathing exercises, more on dreams, a little on healing and energy transfer, a lecture on the benefits of the sun salutation. As I've moved to digital I haven't kept up w/ it. This winter, I'll reread his books, and digitize the series for my Ipod.

Michel

Sign in to follow this