Sign in to follow this  
Spectrum

Kunlun Martial Arts Demonstration

I believe this demonstration has great merit:

It's like he's dancing in a river. This is so so so beautiful of a treasure. there is energetic significance because hes dropped into suspension... look at how during the rollback deflect punch sequence his head does not move vertically, it is pivoting on the axis of wuji, even horizontal transition his hands and feet orbiting like planets around the sun of his tan tien, even as his weight shifts L/R, forward & back.

Absolutely swingin gung fu! Is this what kunlun formless movement looks like? I have seen this before, it's a window into a classical culture past, come to life through living the art! I have one reservation. He stops his form at certain points, in which are slightly redeemed by them seeming to be postural bookmarks, but usually there is no stopping, even movement flows into one another until you are where you started.

0:00

0:05 wuji power source opening

flatland

:06-:09 wuji yin yang taiji

0:10 Fist Under Elbow Stance

0:11 Golden Cock : One Legged K 1 K Y ?

0:27 seems like a san ti stance, trinity stance, riding the ostrich?

0:28 rollback

0:29 deflect

0:30 swinging parry of gung

0:31 palm (flower hides under leaf?)

0:32 apparent withdraw

0:33 single whipped horse stance from earth and heaven my golly golden this man is a chinese gee

0:40 whats he riding this time?

0:42 look how his top palm changes from yin to yang, the transition of the hand wrist forearm

0:44 reaching into some foreward windmills

0:50 yin/yang exchange places into hand under elbow above head wow

0:55-60 did you see that?

1:03 White Crane Spreads Wings

1:08 guided back to center

1:11 a second opening? spiraling 3 levels, upper, middle, lower,

1:17 fan through back

1:28 did you see how he transitioned into Striking the Tiger??!?! Someone tell me they saw that chuan!

1:33 Know Idea : Deflect Parry Parry Parry?

1:40-45 Clockwise Circle Walk w/ Exchanging Palms

1:52 Single Whip

2:05 Play the Pi Pa

2:16 Close

Edited by Spectrum

I like this form & posted it on my blog. If I can get names of the movements of the form I will post. This is classic.

What do make of those quick gliding foot movements? Is he using Fajin?

At what time does it occur in the vid?

At what time does it occur in the vid?

Throughout the form starting at 30 seconds and especially at 50 seconds. I am not familiar with those little forward thrusting movements.

You mean where hs piccking his foot up quickly before he steps? Snappy. Check out 57-101 he does some crazy finger chuan, turns around, then white crane 101 for dummies. Love it. So many body ideas expressed.

Very nice demo. Some unique movement as well. The fajin is really interesting. Thanks for posting that!

Hey nice Sean thanks! Checking out that link!

No problem, thank you for posting that ... turns out the guy on Youtube lives in Philly, my old stomping ground and I may meet up with him when I go out there to visit for Christmas ... apparently he has some experience with this style.

Sean

I just bought the two Tao Family Secret Training DVD's as well as the complete set of taoist "Traditional Valuable Health Preservation Series" including the "taoist feces exercise". This guy sure looks like he can crap thunder:

GCY10-D_.jpg

Thunder-crap way... this is more than interesting <_<

What does the guy do anyway?

Thunder-crap way... this is more than interesting <_<

What does the guy do anyway?

Not sure, what his lineage is exactly, but he has a whole series of taoist health/longevity chi kungs. The guy is in his eighties. I will let you know what the vids say.

P.S. Found a much cheaper place that ships directly from China:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/Search/SearchResult.aspx

just search "taoist"

Naturally I find the link the day after i put in my order :angry:

Sean,

Some curly bananas are on the way to you in the mail. Do tell more?

Spectrum

LOL! I was trying so hard to remember who sent me the kungfulahoops, was it you? I lost the pms somehow. Thanks! And thanks for the DVDs. When I first watched the Youtube clips I thought they were fairly cheesy, but I have to admit these things are strangely addictive. I work at home now at the computer and in the last year have become a complete workaholic -- exercise has pretty much gone out the window. But now I have these strange looking pipes laying around my office and I find myself taking breaks and dancing around with them like a fun loving idiot -- to the complete horror of my roommates / business partners. :lol:

Oolong, keep us posted on any gems you find in those videos, they look interesting.

Best,

Sean

Sign in to follow this