Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

best jing retention facilitation practices?

Fellow Taobums,

Before sungazing, I kept my jing for one to three weeks at a stretch and that was pretty good by my standards. My primary practice was the key sound technique at multiples.com. If I did this technique for 20 minutes, 3-4x a week it helped circulate the energy and kept things balanced and had a very groovy effect on dual cultivation as well.

After sungazing, jing retention became more difficult and I pretty much slacked off any discipline and now I'm ready to get back into it.

Here's what I'm wondering... as nice as the key sound is, it's a solo, aroused practice. Due to my own propensities and the fact that there are kids thrashing about the entire house most of the time, I'd rather ditch any aroused, solo type practices if possible.

I'm exercising and doing zen type sitting meditations to tame the sungazing energy and they are good, but haven't significantly helped out in the retention dept.

So I'm looking for an unaroused practice that I can do in 15 minutes or less per day to facilitate retention. I've never messed with microcosmic sitting so I'll start experimenting with that sort of thing. Any general suggestions on microcosmic meditation, perineum squeezing breathing, testical breathing, visualizations, yoga postures, etc?

I'm optimistic that I can find an unaroused practice that'll do the job, but I can always bring back a late night key sound practice if need be.

Your pal,

Yoda

Yoda, Kids thrashing around the house all the time? Tell me about it - I can't even go to the bathroom in private! This practice might help:

1) Do heart sound.

2) Imagine a pipe connecting the heart and kidneys and in one breath smile down to the heart and into the kidneys and down into the testacles (women into the ovaries?). As you breath down the love/respect energy from the heart travels down into the kidneys and joins with the gentleness energy there and then both energies travel down and are stored in the testacles/ovaries. Ensure your lower gates are locked.

3) Do this around 9 times. When a mild orgasm feeling arises (no woodies involved here ;) ) move the energy up to the crown and spin.

4) From the crown move it down into the navel or back into the testacles/ovaries and start again. Two to three sets will take between 10 - 15 mins.

Sorted!

rex

Yoda. First of all: thankx again for all the info you provided about sungazing... spring started and I might pick up that practice soon.

Tell me: what do you mean by: "solo aroused practice"?

The key sound technique does not need you to be aroused actually. Quite contrary, as they say. AND: some people seem to have had look do the key sound mentally...

just a thought

Harry

Rex and Sunshine--

Thanks for your thoughts. My two year old tries to catch the stream as I urinate--so things are pretty invasive around here!

Interesting that both ideas are parallel to key sound training in ways I hadn't considered before. As I said, I love that practice so I'll check out these modifications. They might be too subtle for me, but they sound very promising.

Rex-- the heart sound is "ahhh" yes? Is it out loud or silent? Lower gates locked? Meaning perineum tightened? Spinning is clockwise?

Sunshine--aroused meaning that there's a sexual feeling present. I'd prefer a "cool" practice, circulating sexual energy in its unaroused state. So you can just do the keysound just by itself for 10-15 minutes with no sexual stimulation or feelings? I know Mr Johnson claims that the sound itself has a powerful sexual, erotic, transmutative power used back in the Atlantis days as the way the enlightened souls made love... To me, it's as erotic as a fog horn, but I have felt its magical power during aroused practice, so I do have respect for it.

For those reading, the keysound is basically UUUhhh-aaaaah that starts as low as comfortable and scoops/swoops up to a natural, blissful aaahhh sound. It's basically an application of the healing sounds in a sexual context parallel to Rex's practice. Normally done with modest solo/dual stimulation, but I'll check out the nada stimulation too.

-Yoda

Well. Yeah. That sound itself is completely unerotic, that is the point. Sure one can get into ecstasy using it, but I openly & honestly can not imagine myself roaring like a deer during certain specific moments...

actually Mr. Johnson advises one to learn the technique in a completely unaroused state at the beginning, as otherwise one might go over the edge too quickly. Just a little touch or thought down there so that that part of the body gets attention to know that it is part of the process... not more. Having done the key sound out loud and brought the body into triggering that process might lead to the body just knowing what to do, without you needing to articulate the keysound out loud. It is said to simply be reawakening the body's wisdom... when that is done leave the technique behind...

I have not mastered the technique by the way. Too much of an overactice pr... but maybe Plato's wonderpill helps in that area. Will have to evaluate in the future... and I unfortunately do tend not to practice regularly...

By the way. Ever looked into the Deer practice promoted by Dr. Stephen T. Chang? But I assume that that is much more inappropritate, as it requires you massing yourself (without meant to being aroused though)...

Harry

Yoda wrote:

Rex-- the heart sound is "ahhh" yes? Is it out loud or silent? Lower gates locked? Meaning perineum tightened? Spinning is clockwise?

Hi Yoda,

Heart Sound is "Haaaaaawwww" as in 'horse'. Can be done vocally or sub-vocally. When performed vocally try opening up the back of the throat (don't strain).

Lower Gates: urogenital muscles i.e. the ones you can use to stop the urine midflow when little hands try to take a sample. During the practice the contraction is very light to non-existent as it is more mental than physical. However starting out it might be more physical than mental, again no straining.

Spinning: I think the 'official' version is 36 times clockwise and 24 times anti-clock wise though I don't count.

Sorry forgot to mention that when breathing down to the heart/kidneys/testacles/ovaries it should be an inner smile as well.

Rex

dual (or trio or quatro cultivation...for any of you lucky taobums) is sex with a partner.

Aroused is being "in the mood"... you know the drill!

You can also circulate sexual energy in its cool state without being turned on, like many versions of microcosmic orbit or testical breathing where the energy circulates through the sexual center but you aren't feeling desirous, etc.

-Yoda

dual (or trio or quatro cultivation...for any of you lucky taobums) is sex with a partner.

Aroused is being "in the mood"... you know the drill!

You can also circulate sexual energy in its cool state without being turned on, like many versions of microcosmic orbit or testical breathing where the energy circulates through the sexual center but you aren't feeling desirous, etc.

-Yoda

2626[/snapback]

Sign in to follow this