Brian

Not really about unboiling eggs

Breakfast just got a tad bit more interesting. " yes I'll have an unboiled egg please... Scrambled"

• Like 4

It's funny you should mention Rife, my brother was very interested in him in the 70s.

Regarding the paper that you linked, I just skimmed it, but found it very interesting, with many ideas that I have been thinking about for sometime.  I can't go into much detail now, but I found the mention of E. T. Whittaker in the paper interesting, as I had read his A History of the Theories of Aether and Electricity, Vol. I and II, sometime back with considerable interest.  I often considered unfortunate that he did not finish his projected Volume III.  All of this has a great deal to do with my research into Mathematical Magic and how the classical magical tradition of Agrippa could provide a real framework for Radionic devices as  I mentioned here:

I will keep trying to refine the principle example which I am thinking about now, because not only could it be a good example of a modernized mathematical magic, but also demonstrate the usefulness of a well formed body of theory, such as that provided by Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy, and help to illustrate how one can use such a body of theory to investigate the morass of radionics and especially the theory and design of radionic boxes.

It will be interesting to see what Brian has to say about the paper.

• Like 1

I think the most immediate and obvious point of contention will be Whittaker/Ziolkowski waves (as they don't appear formally anywhere).

No, they are a concept that Tom Bearden synthesized based on work by those two researchers.

It's funny you should mention Rife, my brother was very interested in him in the 70s.

Regarding the paper that you linked, I just skimmed it, but found it very interesting, with many ideas that I have been thinking about for sometime.  I can't go into much detail now, but I found the mention of E. T. Whittaker in the paper interesting, as I had read his A History of the Theories of Aether and Electricity, Vol. I and II, sometime back with considerable interest.  I often considered unfortunate that he did not finish his projected Volume III.  All of this has a great deal to do with my research into Mathematical Magic and how the classical magical tradition of Agrippa could provide a real framework for Radionic devices as  I mentioned here:

It will be interesting to see what Brian has to say about the paper.

Yes, I reached similar conclusions like you.

Apeiron, I have a vivid interest in quaternions too, and some of the other things you mentioned here. If you pursue this further, it would be interesting to have some exchange going between us.

• Like 1

Interesting indeed.

Don't expect anything groundbreaking to emerge anytime soon, though. I still want to keep the increased hours of qigong going. On top of that, I am looking at relocating, getting better employment, and finishing a course. There will be progress of some sort but it'll probably be slow.

Well, consider how much winning a Nobel prize will help you with sone of these issues. Even though you will have to share it with me. ;)

• Like 1

Have you ever heard of the Rife microscope? This is a yet more sophisticated way to deal with cancer, based on scalar electromagnetics and time reversal.

http://www.cheniere.org/books/cancer/cancer.htm

Yeah, it's somewhat speculative. Curious what you think though, Brain.

Haven't had a chance to read it yet (a day filled with meetings...)

I'll mention this, though -- some very interesting work is being done right now on treating cancer with high-intensity focused ultrasound.

Funny how we keep finding out curious new things about vibrational energies, isn't it? :)

• Like 2

Not sure what that gibberish is all about (and not really feeling inclined to decipher it).

Tom Bearden has developed and refined his theories over decades, reviewing the work of many in the field, and adding substantial contributions of his own. Yes, his ideas are controversial, and possibly not all of them prove correct. But overall, his model is still the best and most coherent attempt to connect science and spirituality that I am aware of (and I am aware of many).

But if you don't want to look into it further, that's okay too, I will keep the Nobel prize all for myself.

The more I look into the issue, the more I think that people like Walter Russell or Swedenborg probably had the right idea about how to approach it. There is no immediate form of continuity between the physical sciences and spiritual sciences. There is an open-ended form of containment. It's like trying to understand a house and doing it by describing it piece-by-piece, beginning with the interior of one random room. The limited scope of vision and the grasping at immediate things makes understanding the totality (or even a large slice of it) very difficult---if not impossible---if it's done by the scientific method and strictly formal representations.

I think it hinges on what you mean by science. For this ancient term has been gradually redefined some 300 years ago.

I said it before, but it's worth repeating once in awhile: As mysticism becomes more scientific, science will become more mystical. I too think that the so-called "scientific method" is limited. There are things that hold true - empirically or intuitively - which nevertheless can not be proved by application of the scientific method. Nevertheless, many people accept them as truth. All of them would be wrong according to the modern scientific mind set.

Funnily enough, not even all the scientists accept this in a rigorously. Even though I'm sure there are some. They are the devout beliefers in the scientific method, which they set as absolute.

What if, metaphorically speaking, the Creator is as much an artist as a scientist? Then science itself is biased in setting its method as absolute. Of course, some will say that there is no Creator in the first place. Others won't agree, and that includes geniuses like Newton and Einstein.

While there may never be a complete congruence, I think that in the long run, the development will lead to a mutual approximation of science and mysticism. And so it should be. Many problems will be solved, many higher possibilities become accessible then. The work of people like Walter Russel speaks to this.

• Like 1

So, we are trying to make sense of the world using both our intellectual/scientific and intuitive/spiritual capacities. But there is just a single reality out there. Our mind will remain split as long as we can't unite the vistas we are presented with.