Lois

What kind of a nation?

It looks like that might be a somewhat worse for wear hair pipe breast-plate 

Hair pipe breastplates were invented by the Comanche in the 1850's and was adopted by many other tribes of the Great Plains including the Crow, Sioux and Assiniboine tribes

The eight point star pattern also appears in some native dress , but that doesnt say anything in particular. The red bag appears to possibly have cyrilic font ? so maybe the lady was travelling to russia and stopped over in Alaska. ( returning) Kind of a strange tourist oriented get-up though. 

Thats my guess anyway. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

The person in native clothes (Inuit?) is wearing a flute and there's an equalizer/sound machine in the background so I believe they are performing.  The person next to them does look like a well to do (Russian?).  There are wide range of Indian and Inuit tribes in the Northern islands and climes.  They're performing and the woman is well to do local taking a picture with them. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Oh that IS a flute? I thought it was the center section of the breastplate, where the 'threads' were broken. And he threw the stuff on haphazardly to show it in the pic, despite the damage.

Hmmm, looks like international flights to the russian far east were stopped in the 1990s . The tourist was probably coming back from europe. Like you said , there's a whole bunch of tribal peoples in the pacific northwest , but since the garb looks so modern with the white and blue , I'd question the authenticity as far as determining his tribe .. if he even knows, or is of native american heritage, or not. I wouldnt really be surprised if he had a New York accent :) 

EX.I'm told Iron eyes Cody,  from the Keep America Beautiful campaign , who teared up about the garbage all over the place , was Sicilian. 

Edited by Stosh

Speaking of flagging awareness, I'm assuming its a guy, but wouldn't bet the ranch on it.  Ie, the face, the hands seem masculine yet the outfit could be feminine.. 

addon> more flutes on the ground by the amplifier.  So, its a good guess Inuit(?) flute performance.  Shoes are interesting.  They're modern, new, sneakers, white and blue.  Earrings on both ears.  Dark shadows under nose and lip tend to imply facial hair and man..

The other woman is expensively dressed.  The hat is fancy, well made and could have fur strips, nice high heeled shoes, expensive Bag KV(?) and shopping at a place with an UK net address.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Speaking of flagging awareness, I'm assuming its a guy, but wouldn't bet the ranch on it.  Ie, the face, the hands seem masculin yet the outfit could be feminine.. 

I had that same thing happen a couple days ago.  Watching a documentary on cultures of the world and they show someone in what I would call a dress with a rather pretty face.  It was a guy though.

And yes, a glancing look might have one think the one above is a female but I would bet money that it is a guy.

Theres a lot of distortion, look at the buildings! but looks like man hands build And face to me. On the other site they said the long style lower garment is generally for the ladies but its not daily wear so ... what else is there to go on? I thought about fixing the photo,, but its not mine to fix. Sneakers? looks like theyre sewn ,,fur hat, do they wear that in UK? I thought the pink bag emblem said MK, and might be from a duty free and to have that might indicate she picked it up in transit ,,but it does certainly look like theres more stuff by the board. dunno now,I think Lois is russian his relative in alaska for a Viking cruise?

Edited by Stosh

Aggg ,fun game though. Lots of tricky elements. Pan amerindianist? Possibly moscow 2013? Couldnt find much bio in English to explain the garb or the dreamcatcher album with the husky dog.

Edited by Stosh

Starting to make sense now, quechua,, a language family shared by several ethnic groups in that region, including Inca. These women have been targeted forced , tricked, into tubal ligation surgeries , as an economic measure ,,especially in rural areas ,,over 200 000 ! of them.

Wow thats a hideous abuse of a people..and this is recent! I dont watch the news.. but I wonder if I would have heard more than a whisper about it, if I did.