Sign in to follow this  
MrThuper

Hey boys n girls!

Hello MrThuper, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi MrThuper,

Didn't take long to write up that introductory post, did it?

If you would, tell us a little about yourself so the members will know whether to seek you out or run and hide.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2

Nope, no waiting period, so there was a glitch somewhere in my network.

Well, I always was involved in conversations about philosophy, and taoism was always thrown in, along with budism and zen, so I decided to get into it a little bit more. Other than encyclopedic articles, texts reffering to the practices of taoism are pretty hard to come by, so in my internet searches on the Way I was directed here. I am still trying to figure things out.

As a person I do not know how to describe myself. I like to learn and I dislike rudeness and misinformation.

I hope that was enough.

• Like 1

Thank you Mr Thuper.

Yes, that is great.

There are many areas of the forum where you can find lots of info on Daoism, Buddhism and I think even Zen.

Get familiar with how the site is set up and where information of your interests is located and go from there.

And as noted in the "Welcome", you can start a discussion any time you want to search for info.  Many of our members are very willing to share their knowledge.

Rudeness and misinformation does sneak in now and again but most of us who post regularly try to keep it limited by way of challenging whenever it happens.

Actually, the forum is pretty peaceful right now so you might not even experience any of it.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Well, everything seems very pleasant up to now, so I'll lurk around the forums and see if anything interesting is going on.

Sign in to follow this