Diaitadoc

Hello from Canada

Hello everyone!

My name is Christian. I've been a lurker on this forum for a few years now, I figured it was as good a time as any to join.

As a Canadian of Protestant and Catholic European descent, my journey towards the "philosophy and practice of Daoism" (Ha!) is pretty typical... 20 years of "traditional" martial arts, punctuated early on by an acupuncture degree and accentuated throughout by the study and exploration of various Daoist lineages.

My current view and practice derives from:

- a lay-Daoist form of the martial art known as ZiRanMen

- my Chinese (Taiwanese) Medicine instructor, Richard Tan, who taught me Balance Method Acupuncture, Bazi, Feng Shui, ZiFaDongGong and JingGong

- the teachings of Liu Ming (Charles Belyea), especially his view teachings and SanTiDao practices.

Anyhow, I'm happy this community exists, and I look forward to lurking less and participating more.

Happy Pi Day!

• Like 4

Hello Diaitadoc, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Christian,

Sounds like you might have a lot of knowledge and experience you could share with us.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

Hi diaitadoc - does your name have anything to do with your diet, or do you sell or make diaitajuice?  I've been looking for a green juice to introduce into my diet.  If this is the case, any recommendations?

Welcome to the forum, and I'm so glad you morphed from lurker to participator.  I look forward to your participation.

Manitou

• Like 2

Hello Marblehead, Manitou, thank you for the kind welcome.

Manitou, I'd never heard of Diaitajuice until you mentioned it so I can't comment on it.

You are correct in your understanding that "Diaita" is the root word for "Diet", however Diaita is much broader in scope. The ancient greek usage of δίαιτα (Diaita) refers to "way of living", which includes certainly includes diet but also includes the antique definition of hygiene.

From Wikipedia:

Whereas in popular culture and parlance [hygiene] can often mean mere 'cleanliness', hygiene in its fullest and original meaning goes much beyond that to include all circumstances and practices, lifestyle issues, premises and commodities that engender a safe and healthy environment.

"Diaita" is therefore in many ways analogous to Daoist health and hygiene practices :)

• Like 3