Ed-E

yo

I'm Ed.

I just came here to make my first post.

Best Regards,

Ed

• Like 3

Hello Ed-E, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Ed,

Yeah, good thing you made your first post.  I can't push the button until a newly registered member does that.

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?  You don't need get personal.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2

Well.. Hi there, Marblehead.

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?  You don't need get personal.

Umm Well..something about myself, huh...

I'm Eddie, a 17 year old young Jamaican boy who is interested in Internal Martial Arts.

Yeah.. That covers it, I think.

Can I go now?

Nah just joking  :D There's nothing else to it actually. Well maybe I need to mention that I have been self actualizing since 15 years old.. So that kinda interest me.. Changing for the better and stuff. Oh and I actually was a pretty extrovert person until under extreme psychological pressure, depression, maybe slight schizophrenia (Well I don't know how it is called. There was just a personality in me, that wanted to kill me. Or take over me. Because I didn't got the grip in life, he was like: I will do it, you can't lol. His name was Rasco Btw [Just in case you're interested]) and last but not least, the good old psychopharmacological/Medicine-that-is-good-for-you-influence, I had a rather devastating personality shift and turned an Introvert who is critical of society and consumation now. The shift also sharpened my emotional senses somehow. That was a interesting experience. I also tend to jump from topic a bit.

Whatever..

Thanks for the friendly and warm welcome ^^

Regards,

Ed

• Like 4

That was great Ed!

Only 17 and gone through all that stuff already!  Wow!

Yeah, altering our personality, by whatever means is pretty traumatic.  Takes time to readjust.

I'm glad you got rid of Rasco.  He was probably a big pain in the butt.

And yes, self-actualization is the real deal.  That's pretty impressive for a person your age.

Being an introvert is good too.  I was one for most of my life.  But being too critical isn't so good so try to keep a handle on that.

You go off topic during discussions?  How terrible.  (I'm one of the biggest offenders of that here.)

Best Wishes,

Marblehead

• Like 3

Yo, Ed!

The young have always been great seekers of truth.

I went through some pretty heavy experiences too when I was around your age. That was instrumental in my becoming involved with meditation, Zen and Daoism - an initiation of sorts.

Hope we will be talking more soon. Please don't be shy to share, well, whatever you would like to share. That's the purpose of these forums.

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 2

Yo, Ed!

The young have always been great seekers of truth.

I went through some pretty heavy experiences too when I was around your age. That was instrumental in my becoming involved with meditation, Zen and Daoism - an initiation of sorts.

Hope we will be talking more soon. Please don't be shy to share, well, whatever you would like to share. That's the purpose of these forums.

Cheers,

Michael

Yo Michael..

You live in Switzerland? Hah! What a coincidence. Mee too.

• Like 2