Sign in to follow this  
Azure Dragon

Spontaneous Cultivation Wu Wei Gong

I have this experience of sitting, observing the field and all things around me. I listen deeply and perceive hubs of stillness gathering around me. These are like the space between breath and it permeates everything. Everything goes back into stillness. I share in this stillness.

Now, one day I was sitting by this beautiful tree in bloom. I feel the presence of the tree sun earth air. Like a blanket of energy the tree wraps around me. My body is pushed and pulled by the energy around me, spiraling and contracting between heaven and earth much like in a formal qi gong form. But this is spontaneous, and happens without effort. I do not decide to crouch into my back leg, and pull chi into my core, rather just by being present it feels as though the Tao infuses my nervous system and it molds my body like clay. I feel hubs if stillness spiraling around places where energy is stagnant, and my body fluidly unwinds around those point. It feels as though the tree and sun earth sky are giving me a transmission of qi, and something deeper, glimpses of formlessness. The more I surrender the greater the effect becomes. I do this practice with other people, except this time I am sun moon tree stars and they are the body, being molded like clay by the tao, by merit of our non doing

Is this what is meant by wu wei?

• Like 4

In my opinion, Yes.

The importance here, IMO, is that it is spontaneous, not intentional.

Also, IMO, intent limits energy flow.

• Like 2

Hi Marblehead. :) how did you come upon this realization?

I will likely be unable to adequately answer that question.

I have been living the better part of my life spontaneously for the past several years.  I have found that conscious intent oftentimes causes me mental conflict.  Conflict causes the loss of the harmony between Yin/Yang.

It's better, I think, to just entertain the thoughts of some goal and allow them to play in our mind.  Once they have attained a nice balance and harmonize they will create a spontaneous impulse to do that whatever.

In other words, if we are not being pressured by external forces, we should wait on doing something until the time "feels right".

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 4

Also, IMO, intent limits energy flow.

I agree. Intent to me seems a means to an end, preparing the mind body spirit to enter non dual awareness. I find the deepest healing beyond energetic awareness. The feeling of intent, even the most pure, begins to feel like bondage. A weight on the cosmos. When we abandon intent true true transformation seems to unfold. Because I practice healing with people the feedback is instantaneous, when I abandon my intent even to heal, the chi deepens, and the prenatal awareness in the body arises nourishing Jing chi shen.

This is not to be mistaken for a lack of control, or being listless and ungrounded. In my experience the spirit is still rooted, embracing heaven and earth until wuji appears, then it all kind of goes back to nothing-issness...

• Like 1

I have this experience of sitting, observing the field and all things around me. I listen deeply and perceive hubs of stillness gathering around me. These are like the space between breath and it permeates everything. Everything goes back into stillness. I share in this stillness.

Now, one day I was sitting by this beautiful tree in bloom. I feel the presence of the tree sun earth air. Like a blanket of energy the tree wraps around me. My body is pushed and pulled by the energy around me, spiraling and contracting between heaven and earth much like in a formal qi gong form. But this is spontaneous, and happens without effort. I do not decide to crouch into my back leg, and pull chi into my core, rather just by being present it feels as though the Tao infuses my nervous system and it molds my body like clay. I feel hubs if stillness spiraling around places where energy is stagnant, and my body fluidly unwinds around those point. It feels as though the tree and sun earth sky are giving me a transmission of qi, and something deeper, glimpses of formlessness. The more I surrender the greater the effect becomes. I do this practice with other people, except this time I am sun moon tree stars and they are the body, being molded like clay by the tao, by merit of our non doing

Hi Azure Dragon,

Your experience sounds positive.

Trees are healers,did you feel any physical sensations,like muscle or old injury repair.

Chi flows easily sitting nearby trees and energising for physical activity.

"Hubs of stillness",nice description,as is your description of no intent,without effort.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Hi Azure Dragon,

Your experience sounds positive.

Trees are healers,did you feel any physical sensations,like muscle or old injury repair.

Yes, in particular a hub formed around my left ball and socket joint, definitely had some physical layer repair.

The tree also offered a small flowering limb to me, and asked me to return. I pLan to visit again with a blade. I will offer some hair in return.

• Like 1

This is not to be mistaken for a lack of control, or being listless and ungrounded. In my experience the spirit is still rooted, embracing heaven and earth until wuji appears, then it all kind of goes back to nothing-issness...

I never considered anyone would misunderstand that part of what I said.

And true, spontaneity does not imply lack of control.

• Like 1

What is a hub of stillness?

In my terms the defining nature of awareness, energy, intelligence is movement. Energy, chi, is always moving. However, stillness, samadhi, xu, or in the kabballah ein sof, is not moving. But neither is it dual, or in a polarity. Though it is relative to movement.

Stillness permeates everything, it is purely transpersonal, the final destination. All biological beings, and all energy in the universe returns to this stillness. It maintains a homostatic equilibrium in the system, it is the most healing and balancing force in the body and outside the body. Even at rest our bones are not still. To the sensitive feeler, all the organs blood fascia bones in the body are in movement. A rhythmic fluidic pulsation the takes it,s queue from the highly charged cerebrospinal fluid washing the central nervous system. There are times however when things become still. We all know this feeling, the sudden hush in the cafe, the golden hour as the sun begins to set or the final sigh into sleep is very quiet.

Just as a psychic or sensitive may see energy, you may train our sensory awareness to see feeel and perceive stillness, quietness. It often operates in the awareness as a hub, alost like a fluid fuzzy pool either inside a bone, in an aura, or even floating in the space above you. It is relatively more quiet then the energy swirling around it. The deeper you move into the hub, the more specific your attention on this quiet becomes the deeper it grows, and the deeper your system goes into stillness, towards samadhi. If you watch stillness you notice it often gathers in places most needing balance. A misaligned joint, a cancer cell, a wounded heart or in the roots of a tree. This is because when awareness moves into a non dual state it is miraculously balanced. Healed by the dao. The deeper you move your sense body into the hub of quiet, eventually, you reach a an event horizon. This event horizon is that to feel more deeply into that stillness is to dissolve the act of perception at all, the candle of awareness is snuffed out, and "you" attain samadhi, silence.

One strange thing is that the hub of stillness will often move around the space deepening the quietude and bringing energy into balance. There also can be multiple hubs active simultaneously but that requires a highly developed sense body to track multiple hubs at once.

I don't know if this is clear but it a very effective way of perceiving stillness and udoubedtly will deepen a meditative practice.

Edited by Azure Dragon
  • Like 3

Great post! I always waited for a post like this.Doing less and less until everything gets done...What you describe is very similar to my experiences.After a few years of standing and sitting meditation with a focus on awareness, spontanity unfolded.My practice now looks like bagua,tai chi, xinyi mixed and linked and is by my opinion so complex that you couldn learn it.I have also some experiences with spontaneously healing others but i think i tried it to early...good non doing to you!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this