Sign in to follow this  
Wilhelm

Hello

Hello,

Tonight I got tired of re-reading old threads as a lurker and finally made an account mostly to have greater access to the material on this site, but thank you anyways for reading my introduction and here's a little about myself in relation to some of the themes of this forum.

I am a novice practitioner (several years of half-assed self-guided practice, a little over a year under qualified teachers) of Nei Gong and Classical Yoga living in Ontario, Canada.  I am beginning to appreciate how early I am in the processes that come out of both of these traditions, and I'm glad I waited until now to make an account because when I used to read far more than I practiced I likely would've come across sounding very ignorant!

In any event, thank you for having me on your forum.  In regards to my practices I have a daily regiment of asanas and kriyas before sunrise and I am spending most of my time after work and on weekends beginning the firing process of Nei Gong (I think that's what you call awakening the LDT and refining jing + converting to qi?  I'm sure someone will correct me if I mucked that one up) through a basic standing posture and a few moving exercises.  I am young and naive and will likely take on more forms and practices than I need to (for example, I am very excited about starting Jason Miller's Strategic Sorcery course soon after reading about it on a subsection of this forum, and I can't wait to buy Ya Mu/Michael Lomax's Gifts of the Tao II when I have the money) and since I am already here I am hoping to start a personal practice journal now that I can access that subforum (I think - maybe I have to post a few more times?).  My hope is that someone may have the generosity to tell me if my habit of practicing several traditions is likely to cause me trouble (I continue to check with my Nei Gong teacher about this, but he is only in the country a couple times per year - and I have to drive across the continent to see my yoga teacher!  But I love him and his system more than anything I've seen locally).

If you have read this far then you are already in my good books, I don't get to share this with many people.  I'm glad I joined up, this should be fun!

Best Wishes,

'Wilhelm'

• Like 2

Hello Wilhelm, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Wilhelm,

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Yeah, I'm the first one who gets to read all newcomers' post.  No one else can see it until I push the button.

Interesting background you have so far.  I'm sure you are going to find many members to talk with.

Best Wishes,

Marblehead

• Like 1

In regards to mixing energetics and chi kung, i would say give your body a period of time after practicing a certain set before doing another style. 

• Like 1

In regards to mixing energetics and chi kung, i would say give your body a period of time after practicing a certain set before doing another style. 

I think I'd do well to follow that advice. I remember reading in an interview here an hour minimum in between different systems, but more might be better... Thanks for the tip!

I think I'd do well to follow that advice. I remember reading in an interview here an hour minimum in between different systems, but more might be better... Thanks for the tip!

Chun Yi Lin mentions this in an interview here on the forum. My personal experience has confirmed this as well. Eventually you'll just be able to feel your body and intuitively know when to get on with it.

Sign in to follow this