Sign in to follow this  
mantis

red panax ginseng

When i took it,it was somewhat like drinking a red bull.My brain was buzzing from early morning to 1 am the following day.I couldnt sleep at all that night.My body was hot and very agitated.My mind/shen was all scattered.So basically you could say this herb made me extreme yang

My teacher only reccomends taking this if your very weak and lacking in vitatlity,if your old and if your pregnant

but if your young and healthy its not really going to benefit you

hmm yeah i suppose. the first bottle i drank made me feel a little weird and concentrated but now they don't really do nothing - nothing i notice anyways. but then again when i drink them i'm never tired lol! it's not jittery like caffeine it's just as if being tired doesn't exist.

If your really into Chinese herbs i would suggest finding a good herbalist in your local china town and get him to give you a basic check over(pulse,tongue etc)A good chinese doctor can know everything about your health by simply feeling your pulse .From there he can put you on a program that might even involve some accupunture to bring your body to optimul health

no chinese people in miami - i might be going to college to become a licensed acupuncturist though.

Edited by mantis

not all ginsengs are equal.

the term 'red' usually referes to some form of proccessing. this processing results in making the herb more yang.

this can cause excessive stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system = increased heartrate, wakefullness etc.

it might feel like this is 'giving' you more energy, but it's actually using up energy because it's stimulating the body which can be taxing to the adrenals/kidneys

the wild, large ginsengs can be qualitatively different though. my teacher tells me that they are highly sought after, and great care is taken to harvest and clean them. they can actually have a nourishing affect on the body which is the opposite of the cheaper processed varieties.

not all ginsengs are equal.

the term 'red' usually referes to some form of proccessing. this processing results in making the herb more yang.

this can cause excessive stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system = increased heartrate, wakefullness etc.

it might feel like this is 'giving' you more energy, but it's actually using up energy because it's stimulating the body which can be taxing to the adrenals/kidneys

the wild, large ginsengs can be qualitatively different though. my teacher tells me that they are highly sought after, and great care is taken to harvest and clean them. they can actually have a nourishing affect on the body which is the opposite of the cheaper processed varieties.

Yeah, red ginseng is a stimulant that brings the system out of balance just like coffe or any other stimulant.

Try American Ginseng instead. This herb is both good for the bloodsugar aswell as harmonizing the heartrate, and at the same time it gives energy and hightened awareness. The fun thing is that Panax Ginseng is one of the most exported herbs from asia to America. The herbs that is most exported from America is American Ginseng. Guess where it goes... to asia. When the asian herb doctors found American Ginseng they exported so much it was almost extinct, but thats not a problem anymore.

Yeah, red ginseng is a stimulant that brings the system out of balance just like coffe or any other stimulant.

Try American Ginseng instead. This herb is both good for the bloodsugar aswell as harmonizing the heartrate, and at the same time it gives energy and hightened awareness. The fun thing is that Panax Ginseng is one of the most exported herbs from asia to America. The herbs that is most exported from America is American Ginseng. Guess where it goes... to asia. When the asian herb doctors found American Ginseng they exported so much it was almost extinct, but thats not a problem anymore.

I second this advice. If you are going to take the western approach to supplements and select herbs one at a time to take you would be better off with American ginseng (Panax quinquefolium).

Might I suggest another great tonic which is not overly yang promoting - Siberian Ginseng (eleutherococcus senticosus). This is not a true ginseng, but it is a great tonic. I STRONGLY suggest that you not buy Siberian ginseng extract as it is not good quality at all. Get a straight powder. This herb is a great adaptogen which can provide quality energy without taxing the system as Panax ginseng can do.

Beyond that I suggest you investigate more balanced approaches to herbal supplementation.

My favorite company who has proven quality and good balanced formulae is DragonHerbs (dragonherbs.com)

No, I am not at all affiliated with this company. But People who have been here long enough know that I always recommend them.

Anyway, Siberian Ginseng, eleutherococcus senticosus is a great single herb which I believe would give little to no risk of unbalancing anyone's system.

Craig

I agree with Craig.

Dragonherbs is The Bomb.

As everyone knows my favorite formula from them is Tao in a Bottle.

It's also one of the more affordable formulas..some of the other formulas like Heaven Drops(like $350 bottle of Ginseng) might be good after your a millionaire..even then I like TIB the best.

c

I agree with Craig.

Dragonherbs is The Bomb.

It's also one of the more affordable formulas..some of the other formulas like Heaven Drops(like $350 bottle of Ginseng) might be good after your a millionaire..even then I like TIB the best.

c

By the way Cameron. When I was taking a lot of tonic and stimulating herbs more than a year ago I consulted with someone there at Dragonherbs and he recommended Bupleurum & Dragonbone formula. Very good for cooling your jets and balancing out heat.

Perhaps you could try that one?

Anyway, you can call for a consultation/recommendation by and actual herbalist/TCM Doctor. Check it out.

Craig

My favorite company who has proven quality and good balanced formulae is DragonHerbs (dragonherbs.com)

Craig

Their Website seems to be down currently for maintenance.

They have a online catolog up and you can do orders over the phone.

They also do FREE consultations with tonic herbalists.

I used to take advantage of that quite a bit when I first got into it.

He does have a "100 days" program which is great also..

By the way Cameron. When I was taking a lot of tonic and stimulating herbs more than a year ago I consulted with someone there at Dragonherbs and he recommended Bupleurum & Dragonbone formula. Very good for cooling your jets and balancing out heat.

Perhaps you could try that one?

Anyway, you can call for a consultation/recommendation by and actual herbalist/TCM Doctor. Check it out.

Craig

I probably took that one at some point :lol:

Tao in a bottle is a Spirit(shen) stabilizing formula. I just started taking it again and it does help.

The Kunlun energies IMHO are more powerful than whatever people are cultivating on other paths though..so it still gets intense at times.

does red phoenix make you feel like you just smoked 5 blunts that are dipped in acid

Edited by mantis

Thanks Cameron...

I will try Tao in a Bottle I guess. I also saw something called Eagle Vision on the list. I have really bad eyes and this would probably help. Has any one tried this?

Also, I was not too sure if two herbal preparations can be tried at once?

If you want an all around formula he says if you only take 1 formula from him take Super Adoptogen.

I like TIB better because it has Theanine.

Another really good one is Supreme Protector which is a Shen tonic.

does red phoenix make you feel like you just smoked 5 blunts that are dipped in acid

Basically..without the crappy side effects from acid and taxing your jing and making you feel like shit the next day.

RP is the bomb but My little humble don't know shit Rabbit opinion is people would do well doing Level One for some time first.

It's sort of like..here is the high(highest?) level before you even figured out/cleared basic garbage in your lower centers.

I mean..it can be fun still...I don't know.

I want Yoda to learn it and come back and just tell the board Cam is a pussy :lol:

I agree with Craig.

Dragonherbs is The Bomb.

c

Yeah! Tao in a Bottle is awesome! Source Naturals has a great product called Theanine Serene which I've used many times and it's a lot cheaper than TIB. I like Dragon Herbs and Eastearthherb.com-their brand-Long Hay Flat 8:1 quality extracts,great company! And FourSeasonsHerbs.com, Ron Teeguarden's old company. Small time, nice people (Diane & Scott), excellent quality herbs,4 or 5:1, less expensive than DH. Their Black Dragon formula is great! So is Athletic Power Drops.

Also, at East Earth Trade, they sell the Sanjiu concentrated powdered extracts so you can make your own formulas easily.

push it cam push it real good

k1IhC_bNoqs

Ummm..no wierd shit either...

Basically..like the clean spiritual buzz from psychadelics..the love...the openess..the innocence.

WITHOUT ANY OF THE WIERD SHIT.

Yeah! Tao in a Bottle is awesome! Source Naturals has a great product called Theanine Serene which I've used many times and it's a lot cheaper than TIB. I like Dragon Herbs and Eastearthherb.com-their brand-Long Hay Flat 8:1 quality extracts,great company! And FourSeasonsHerbs.com, Ron Teeguarden's old company. Small time, nice people (Diane & Scott), excellent quality herbs,4 or 5:1, less expensive than DH. Their Black Dragon formula is great! So is Athletic Power Drops.

Also, at East Earth Trade, they sell the Sanjiu concentrated powdered extracts so you can make your own formulas easily.

Yeah, I like Tao in a Bottle, but any good quality Theanine, even just straight Theanine will do the trick.

Psychoactive is not accurate. It does promote relaxation, calmness though, and very effectively.

Source Naturals is a good company. I like NOW foods. They have a Theanine and green tea product which is effective and a good value. That's my recommendation if you are looking for the best priced item that works.

I recommend Dragonherbs because of my experience of their quality and from what I know about the quality control and sourcing work they do. Not all herbs are created equal. Also, the terms 8:1 , 4:1 etc are almost next to meaningless. They do not refer to a standard of any kind, not only that but there is no regulation about what constitutes an 8:1 or 4:1 or whatever ratio. It depends on the manufacturing process. When you can it is best to go with liquid extracts. In my case, making comparison between Dragonherbs liquid extracts and other companies with individual extracts that I am familiar with I have to say my experience was that Dragonherbs were far superior to most other manufacturers out there. This coupled with my subjective experience of their effect on my system led me to conclude that they are among the best products out there.

Still, there are more good companies out there. thanks for the recommendations.

Craig

Not all herbs are created equal. Also, the terms 8:1 , 4:1 etc are almost next to meaningless. They do not refer to a standard of any kind, not only that but there is no regulation about what constitutes an 8:1 or 4:1 or whatever ratio. It depends on the manufacturing process.

Craig

The ratio's are the same for everyone. The industry standard is 4:1. But you're right, the manufacturing process and the quality of herbs makes all the difference in the world. That's why Dragon Eggs had the most potent products out there. They used 6-11:1, depending on the formula, supreme grade herbs, and a low temperature, water and alcohol, full extraction. 1-5 drops is all you needed to take. I've been using there products for 23 years. They're out of business now, thanks to the gov't, but I bought a lot of product before it all disappeared. Their other line, Jade Medicine/Herbals was great too.

Edited by bindo

wait the dragonherbs site is dead? oh man what the hell i'll never be able to try tao in a bottle now ;_;

Sign in to follow this