You can tell whether someone is fully enlightened by checking whether they exist.

( https://twitter.com/Dowlphin/status/701924690017779713 )

I usually post stuff like this on my Twitter, mixed with other varieties of thoughtful materials in the areas of commentary, humor, wordplay, messing with your mind etc..

I'm always happy about appreciative audience. It makes a crucial difference. I'm hurting so much. (I guess? I'm a bit confused. ... At least I think so.)

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

You sir didn't make a koan you are a koan ;)

I can't come up with a witty response.

EDIT: OK, maybe something about being self-made. Dunno, I'm tired.

Am I a try-hard or the opposite?

Or not?

Edited by Owledge

Owledge,

I've found that healing often occurs with the understanding that we have ALWAYS existed.

Whether you believe in a personal God, or an impersonal essence (or both), it's important to know that you have always been that essence.......it didn't "create" you- you ARE it! If you believe in a personal God, know that you are a FORM of that God- He/She/It didn't create you out of nothing....you have always been It.

Understanding this can for some people be essential to finding healing.

Peace and I like the koan.

You can tell whether someone is fully enlightened by checking whether they exist.

( https://twitter.com/Dowlphin/status/701924690017779713 )

I usually post stuff like this on my Twitter, mixed with other varieties of thoughtful materials in the areas of commentary, humor, wordplay, messing with your mind etc..

I'm always happy about appreciative audience. It makes a crucial difference. I'm hurting so much. (I guess? I'm a bit confused. ... At least I think so.)

I once thought I wasn't confused but then I realized I might have gotten that mixed up.

Or was that the other way around?

• Like 1

I've found that healing often occurs with the understanding that we have ALWAYS existed.

Whether you believe in a personal God, or an impersonal essence (or both), it's important to know that you have always been that essence.......it didn't "create" you- you ARE it! If you believe in a personal God, know that you are a FORM of that God- He/She/It didn't create you out of nothing....you have always been It.

Understanding this can for some people be essential to finding healing.

I know. But I've been all the way up there and all signs there point back down.

I would say:

What could be healed is essentially broken - unfixable, a dream character

Now its good to heal and evolve the dream character a little, but no need to fixate on that

Just leave the dream character in his/her own place

like an old man observing children's play

If everyone's self is an illusion, does that then mean that everyone is already enlightened since they don't exist?  :)

• Like 1

Shortest conceivable answer:

Essentially enlightened, or the "nirvana that is the utter purity of phenomena" (=buddhanature) but temporarily obscured or confused (I,me,mine and resulting "other"), hence the "Nirvana that is freedom from adventitious stains" (=buddhahood)

That's indo-tibetan Buddhist lingo - bare with me

• Like 1