zerostao

apple vs fbi

Huge. If feds win I predict Apple phone sales will plummet. Who wants a non-secure device? Crooks will be lining up to steal iphones and hackers to jack them. A tremendous threat to privacy. The slope is slick with oil. Good for Apple to push back.

8)

I don't believe that there is truly a privacy in cyberspace. Simply because hackers are also present in cyberspace. Whether apple will comply in court order or refuse, they will never admit it. Just like what happen in NSA leak.

i just talked with a forensics friend and he says, becoz the cloud feature was turned off, in fact yes the phone can not be broke into by the fbi. and if 10 attempts are made unsuccessfully at a password hack, the new iphones delete all content and it cannot be un -deleted.

Seems that Apple may be completely mischaracterizing the whole issue with the FBI as some form of big publicity stunt.  If you look at the actual Judge order, the FBI is not looking for a backdoor hack to be built in, only asking Apple for help disabling the 10 password auto-destruct function.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2714001/SB-Shooter-Order-Compelling-Apple-Asst-iPhone.pdf

jeff,  "only asking Apple for help disabling the 10 password auto-destruct function." that could enable any hacker to gain access. 

• Like 1

jeff,  "only asking Apple for help disabling the 10 password auto-destruct function." that could enable any hacker to gain access. 

How so? Think they would openly broadcast their source code?

Besides that, we all known that this isnt a one-time thing...its a designed political move to set a legal precedent. Once they crack open the door, its a matter of time before they just remove the hinges.

8)

• Like 1

I still think it is a marketing ploy... Apple on security with other governments..

Apple begins storing users' personal data on servers in China

"If they're making out that the data is protected and secure that's a little disingenuous because if they want to operate a business here, that'd have to comply with demands from the authorities," said Jeremy Goldkorn, director of Danwei.com, a research firm focused on Chinese media, internet and consumers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-data-china-idUSKBN0GF0N720140815

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1