Sign in to follow this  
firefly

Merry meet

hello all :)

i am a pagan with a deep interest in taoist philosophy and practice... i do not think the two are incompatible at all.  while i love the daodejing, i struggle to bring it to life... i am hoping to find stories and advice here to help me.

i am also a new stepparent and am exploring taoist parenting ideas...

~ firefly

• Like 2

Hello Firefly, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Firefly,

True, I communicate with a few pagans on another forum and find our philosophies very compatible.

To support your understanding of the Dao De Ching I would recommend reading at least one translation of the Chuang Tzu.  I prefer Burton Watson's but also like Lin Yutang's translation.

They both can be found here:   http://terebess.hu/english/lexikon/c.html

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Hi firefly.

Your 'merry meet' caught my eye, and brought a smile to my face. It also brought fond memories of an amazing woman with long auburn hair and hazel eyes that appeared to change color in the sunlight. She had wolves as pets. She was one powerful woman, but I digress.

Nice to 'see' you. Welcome, and enjoy. There are many 'treasures' to be found in this place.

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 1

Welcome.  Taoist parenting ideas would make a good thread.

Raising 3 kids has caused me to throw away many preconceived ideas of how kids should be raised.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this