taoguy

Physical changes in qigong?

Well, I understand that qigong can literally shift the DNA expression within our cells, through remission of cancer cells and countless other diseases. Science also showed that people can build muscle simply by visualizing that they are lifting weights. If everything is governed by energy, then technically it should be possible for someone to for example... grow taller (Science says the bones have fused and cannot lengthen after 25+)? What do you think, is it possible?

Edited by taoguy

Our DNA alters with our behaviour, and physical training does activate certain aspects of our DNA, sure that is true for any sort of physical excercise. Not specifically Qigong.

Cancer is a complex subject, but yes it seems that an active and healthy lifestyle seems to increase suppressor genes, but that is far from the same thing as guaranteed remisison from cancer.

Everything is goverened by energy because the word energy is defined so that everything is energy. It is simply a word that means the basic fundamental working of the universe, thus because we have chosen this word to describe the basic working of reality it does indeed describe any form of phenomenon in the universe. Though this does not magically mean that anything can be done with energy, energy behaves in a certain way. And just because we our mind has the ability to alter certain aspects of our body doesn't mean it can alter anything to any degree.

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"And just because we our mind has the ability to alter certain aspects of our body doesn't mean it can alter anything to any degree."

-----

I have much experience that shows me this is not accurate.

There does not seem to be any limit regarding what can be effected or altered by mind.

Except that which the mind believes.

-VonKrankenhaus

I have much experience that shows me this is not accurate.

There does not seem to be any limit regarding what can be effected or altered by mind.

Except that which the mind believes.

Is the limit of the mind not a limit?

If there is no limit, then why don't we see people altering in extraordinary ways?

How did You do that? :-D

I dunno...it just happened as a byproduct of an insight that came to me at that time. I asked my teacher about it, he just looked at me, smiled his enigmatic smile and told me those things can happen  :P

Brought it up as an example that the body can, indeed, change in ways that i would never have believed beforehand. So now my trust that 'I ' can change and heal my body has grown immensely, the limits, that my mind give me, have widened considerably. And every-time I look at myself in the mirror i see the truth of that.

But I was thankful that my country stopped naming eyecolour on identitypapers. How does one explain that ones  eyecolour has changed. :huh: I've grown some too, about 2 or 3 centimeters, but I think that's the length I l had already lost growing older, still, I had to mention that one getting new papers.

love BES

• Like 3

Is the limit of the mind not a limit?

-----

It would be, if it existed.

But the limit of mind does not exist.

-----

If there is no limit, then why don't we see people altering in extraordinary ways?

-----

Firstly - we do.

People, acting on faith and belief, have altered the whole world.

It is a mess.

Second - if by people "altering" it is meant like a magician or sorcerer they wave hand or think and something physical changes like "magic",,,

,,,we need to understand that their faith and belief is in some other mind.

That appeared on TV, radio, online, and in newspapers,,,

-VonKrankenhaus