Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

Is "rebirth" grounds for a new account?

If someone becomes experientially reborn, or commonly referred to as "enlightened"

Is that grounds for a new account and username?

Are they still considered the same person?

Or have they realized their true self?

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 1

Yes, please submit a notarized copy of your rebirth certificate, in triplicate, along with your credit card number, expiration date and CSC/CVV. Please allow six to eight weeks for processing. Shipping & handling charges may apply. Offer not valid where prohibited. Do not bend, fold, spindle or mutilate.

(Prices may be higher in Alaska and Hawaii.)

• Like 7

I'd say no .... not unless they were a real wanker . 

However, changing your name and avvie pic on a whim is acceptable. 

• Like 1

Before enlightenment,

chop wood, carry water, write bull ..

After enlightenment,

chop wood, carry water, write shorter bull ..

• Like 1

before rebirth, watch Blade Runner

after rebirth, watch Blade Runner....

• Like 3

If they think they are a new person, they are not enlightened... :)

Yes... each day we change clothes... nothing really new under the skin... just our minds making some importance sense of such changes.

When the mind sees there is really no change... then is there really any thought to be changed  :)

If they think they are a new person, they are not enlightened... :)

They dont think they are a new person, they experientially become their true self. 

Who they think they are is the false self posting on the forum before awakening. 

They dont think they are a new person, they experientially become their true self. 

Who they think they are is the false self posting on the forum before awakening. 

Is not experiencally reborn as a "true self" a change of state? A going from this to that?

And if they are thinking about such a change and comparing it to the past, can they be in the present moment?

• Like 1

A Question for C T further to your post..... "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep ?"  ^_^

• Like 1

Is not experiencally reborn as a "true self" a change of state? A going from this to that? And if they are thinking about such a change and comparing it to the past, can they be in the present moment?

True. I wouldn't imply separation either. 

However, it is often referred to as a rebirth though. "Being Reborn." This is often followed by name changes, immortality, etc. 

You have to die, to be reborn. is a famous Taoist/Christian quote. 

But, you don't think it is an experiential rebirth, but more of an experiential deepening, i think.

• Like 1

True. I wouldn't imply separation either. 

However, it is often referred to as a rebirth though. "Being Reborn." This is often followed by name changes, immortality, etc. 

You have to die, to be reborn. is a famous Taoist/Christian quote. 

But, you don't think it is an experiential rebirth, but more of an experiential deepening, i think.

If someone is changing their name, there is a percieved reason and they want to make a statement. One who worries about such things has not realized "true self".

Sign in to follow this