1% faith is state gov.

1% faith in county gov.

1% faith in city gov. 

1% faith in the "law"

0% faith in banks and financial institutions

thus 95% knowledge that the sun is shining somewhere... over the clouds :blink:

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

Yet in truth, if you have money in banks, you actually have quite a bit of trust in them.  Technically they have quite a bit of trust in you if they're loaning you money.  

Trust in the government.. I trust that laws, customs, currency will pretty much stay the same week to week, month to month, perhaps some changes from year to year.  With a bad government all those things change rapidly.  If you think you don't trust government now, you should see what life is like under a dysfunctional government where laws, regulations and what your money worth changes day to day.  

Our gov. is dysfunctional but not as bad as some thus the 1% more or less still holds.  (for an few days, weeks or months - maybe)

No need to hate either.

;)

I don't hate either.  I just have no faith in them.  But then, I have no faith anyhow so that stands to reason.

every time we get in the car and drive somewhere we have to have some faith, otherwise we would never drive the car.

(unless it was an indestructible '73 New Yorker)

(unless it was an indestructible '73 New Yorker)

I had a '77 New Yorker.  Bought it new.  Never was really satisfied with it.  But it was a good tank (without the turret).

every time we get in the car and drive somewhere we have to have some faith, otherwise we would never drive the car.

(unless it was an indestructible '73 New Yorker)

I had a '73 Monaco once upon a time.

yea, there was a certain pleasure to be had in driving a $175, '58 Plymouth in the late '60's in hedonistic southern Califiornia, for instance watching all the rich guys with their Porches and BMW's quickly yield to me as I put that big tuna boat anywhere I wanted to on the road.  (as long as the cops weren't around) ;)  :P

how many life times ago was that, at least 4...

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

When I feel like I have problems, I like to watch documentaries about other parts of the world. I was watching about this Tibetan guy who was happy to come to the US and work 12 hour days in a restaurant to escape his hardscrabble life. Or look at North Korea. They'll never have the opportunity to practice any spirituality other than worshipping their leader. 

• Like 4

I just bought a Scion iQ mini-car. It's tiny, but it gets 36/37mpg city and highway. That is because of my 1% faith in the government keeping gas prices down. 

Sign in to follow this