Oh hello there. I go by the alias Solemn Shade when I'm online, but anyone who remembers after reading this is free to call me by my name, Scott. I'm 22 years old from Canada. I've recently read Alan Watt's 'The Way Of Zen', 'Tao the Watercourse Way' & 'This Is It' and have really enjoyed delving into Taoism. I'm open to any book or lecture recommendations so feel free to comment with some if you're willing to share, and I hope to have a nice stay while visiting these forums. Thanks for providing the opportunity to learn more.

Edited by Solemn Shade
  • Like 3

Hello Solemn Shade, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Scott,

May you enjoy your time here.

Yes, lots of stuff to read here and lots of links and recommendations for further readings.

Join in on the discussions of your interests and I am sure there will be many members offering good advice for further reading.  Of course, the Dao De Ching and the Chuang Tzu are always good starting points.  Read as many different translations as you can.

Marblehead

• Like 2

Hi Solemn Shade - glad you found your way to us.  A great forum.  Do enjoy yourself.

Manitou

• Like 1