Sign in to follow this  
roger

oneness

On twitter today, someone quoted Rumi, saying, "You are not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop."

A Course in Miracles says, "Part is whole, and the whole exists in every part."

I wanted to share this with you all because I think it accurately defines our "divine identity," and the thing is that most people (people who believe in the divine identity, pantheists or whatever) don't really understand this.

You know, you are THE One Life, not a tiny part of it, and I'm a different tiny part of it. We are all THE Self Itself- the SAME Self.

We are All That Is in the form of us.

• Like 1

To exemplify that further, just like human body that have many parts but those parts belong to one body.

• Like 1

On twitter today, someone quoted Rumi, saying, "You are not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop."

A Course in Miracles says, "Part is whole, and the whole exists in every part."

I wanted to share this with you all because I think it accurately defines our "divine identity," and the thing is that most people (people who believe in the divine identity, pantheists or whatever) don't really understand this.

You know, you are THE One Life, not a tiny part of it, and I'm a different tiny part of it. We are all THE Self Itself- the SAME Self.

We are All That Is in the form of us.

Powerful sentiment.  Thanks for sharing.

Once, while sitting outside of the apartment where I lived with my wife during our University years, I was enjoying the sunshine and not thinking much at all.  I looked down and saw a line of ants processing and disassembling a piece of fruit on the ground at my feet and it occurred to me, that there had never been a point in time when I had not been simultaneously touching, something much smaller and infinitely greater than what I considered to be my 'self'.

Then it followed that what I considered to be 'my' self, my body, was actually a colony of several trillion individual cells, working in a sort of consort, but each of which could be considered an individual in its own right.  All oscillating in patterns that came to a semblance of the body which my awareness considered to be some sort of self.

This prompted the following thought to settle on my awareness like a flower on the surface of a still pond.  "It seems I am part of something vast, while comprised of small things".

Patterns of energy form into the objects I interact with in physical reality, using the patterns of energy formed into my body.

Patterns of thoughts, feelings and intuitions comprise awareness which expands and contracts simultaneously out to the furthest expanses of imagination and into the deepest crevices of quantum consciousness.

• Like 2

It's really not about belief, it's about experience.

Some have a direct insight into oneness (which can also be looked at as emptiness).

Some only have intellectual knowledge of it.

If one has the experience, there is a taste of absolute truth to it.

It is not a matter of debate, although interpretations may vary.

On the other hand, in the absence of the direct taste, the idea and concept are on very shaky ground and may easily be refuted and dismissed.

I'm not saying it's true or false, just that there is a difference between the taste of the food and the description of the menu.

• Like 1

I recall once having the realization while reaching for the sugar bowl, or some such... that there is a direct line of cause and effect, an unbroken chain of events stretching back from this moment, to the point where my mum and dad came together in love and thus further back to the most primordial events in 'physical reality'. 

And the realization was that 'nothing was, or ever could be, in this sense, separate from any other thing.  There may be from our perspective in this life and body and awareness a seeming myriad inner individual distinctions within the great one, yet like individual waves of the ocean, there is but one ocean and none are separate from that.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this