Dainin

ShaktiMama

I was saddened to just learn that Susan Carlson, who posted here as ShaktiMama, passed away one week ago in Wisconsin:

http://www.apg-wi.com/rice_lake_chronotype/obituaries/death_notices/susan-ann-carlson/article_893e4250-ce77-11e5-96a0-87ec29400aac.html

While I never met her in person, I have been on the listserv she started for more than a decade, and witnessed her help people with Kundalini problems many times, with wisdom and compassion. May she rest in peace.

• Like 12

when i saw her name, i knew immediately that she had passed. she and i had some great conversations over the years. i respected her a great deal. i'll be sure to reach out to her tonight.

thanks for letting us know, Dainin. 

Sorry to hear she passed at such a young age.

She was a nice voice here.

She will be missed.

Thank you for sharing that obituary.

I was saddened to just learn that Susan Carlson, who posted here as ShaktiMama, passed away one week ago in Wisconsin:

http://www.apg-wi.com/rice_lake_chronotype/obituaries/death_notices/susan-ann-carlson/article_893e4250-ce77-11e5-96a0-87ec29400aac.html

RIP..

Curious that she passed at only 58, and her predecessor died at 62.  Any correlation to kundalini or something else here?

• Like 2

Curious that she passed at only 58, and her predecessor died at 62.  Any correlation to kundalini or something else here?

I want to clarify that Doc Morris was not Susan's predecessor. Doc sought her out to learn from her, they became friends and colleagues and worked together for years, she changed the way he did things and taught. That said, most people only know of her because of Docs work.

Every individual is the sum of all of the influences upon their life and their life experiences. The idea that cultivation 'fixes' everything is such a myth. And "kundalini-shakti" was only one aspect of Susan's path, which cannot be reduced down to such a simplistic label.

Susan was an amazing and wonderful friend and mentor, who I've known for 13 years. I've had the pleasure of hosting her in Europe a few times, hanging out with her was always a great time, a fantastic sense of humour and a genuine and lovely human being. Through her I met many other dear friends.

She changed my life, I will miss her deeply.

May Light shine on your eternal soul, much love.

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 14

I'm so sorry.  It seems just a week or two ago I was posting a like of something she wrote in Facebook.  Great soul. 

• Like 1

Wandered back to TTB to check up on things and I see this :( :( :( 

We were both in some heated threads back in the day, but she always kept her cool. She will be missed.

Sorry to hear that also...may Shakti Mama rest in peace 

I'd kinda prefer it she stayed active for a bit.

• Like 1

She is wonderful. I still remember her placing her hands over my kidneys and starting to heal them.

People will probably wonder about her age. She isn't interested in bodily longevity. It's not her thing.

• Like 2