Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Bio hackers AKA Borg

Read an article on a new phenomenan called Biohacking in which one implants magnets and other devices under the skin to enhance one's senses. Will post a few links later. The Borg are here.

• Like 1

Yeah, people have started implanting all kinds of shit in themselves recently. There's been talk about chipping newborns before they leave the hospital and even discussion about how it could easily be done without knowledge or permission or any external indication.

Bizarre, isn't it?

• Like 2

Yeah, people have started implanting all kinds of shit in themselves recently. There's been talk about chipping newborns before they leave the hospital and even discussion about how it could easily be done without knowledge or permission or any external indication.Bizarre, isn't it?

I saw some photos of implants and the risk of infection must be almost 100%. One dude put something in his eyes.

There is really no end to the lengths that certain individuals will go to obtain what they consider to be superpowers.

Whilst there is nothing at all wrong in attempting to improve oneself both mentally and physically there is always a point where the line must be drawn. Unfortunately there will always be those who feel the need to cross that line, throwing common sense out of the window when they do so.

• Like 3

That's just it Chang, they don't want ordinary, everyday, "Common" Sense....but amazing, incredible, "Super" Sense !!

LOL 

That's just it Chang, they don't want ordinary, everyday, "Common" Sense....but amazing, incredible, "Super" Sense !!

LOL 

That's akin to nonsense, right?

• Like 1

Perpetuates the myth of technological progress and the ongoing corporate illusion of conquering nature.

It is not clever technology.

It is an invitation for people to appear mentally ill.

Motivated by fantasy.

As recognized by the creators and distributors of these fantasies.

It is an invitation for people to be damaged and hospitalized.

Nature is the only true "superpower".

Diminishment of Nature is a removal from any real "power".

And those who understand and live in it are the only ones touching any true "power".

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

While I can't imagine doing anything on the order of these types of modifications to my self. 

I can't condemn it outright. 

I recall reading the advise and warnings of 'experts' when the first cars were being driven around about the inherent dangers to the human body of traveling over 30 mph and how it would surely lead to unimaginable and dire consequences.

I'm not certain of much, but of this I'm fairly certain, we are an absolutely mind-bogglingly interesting and odd species.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this