Jox

How do you experience your energy body?

I have some interesting experiences lately, how I feel/experience my energy body ...

There are different frequencies ... but sometimes it feels like like black matter plasma or something like that ... it has a substance ... I dont know how to describe it exactly ...  

Does anyone else have similar experience?

Did you experience it right before you woke up from your bed?

Edited by Junko
  • Like 1

IMO, everything is just a reflection of primordial, polar gender energies.   We wrap it up in 10,000 experiences and practices and paths... but in the end, every tradition seems to reflect these two energies at work.

Someone once asked me to start a topic on this but it is too far removed from most to really experientially be at One with it.  Meaning, likely most can understand some nuisance of it but to experience gender energies flip back and forth as a part of our natural interactions is not what most can talk about. 

It gets more interesting once you realize what flips that energy and how it is affecting the opposite and whole of your energy.

I would just say: Keep going :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Did you experience it right before you woke up from your bed?

No, it is during meditation ... but when I woke up in my dreams then this is even more intensified ...  ;) 

• Thanks 1

I feel black energy sometimes as well. It's the stagnant stuff. The particularly nasty stuff feels like a location with cracks coming out from it.

I feel it like soft lovely alive and clean "substance" ...  

But I had experience with that nasty stuff you mentioned ... It was during fusion meditation, when I meditated on my organs ... Then this was really some "nasty" stuff cleaning out ... and yes it was something like dark oil bubbles or something like that ... 

• Thanks 1

In the initial post the wording resonated with me - black plasma - somewhat like a black hole energy is what came to my recollection.

I took that this was a positive experience for you - I found the energy that came to my awareness a metallic intensely compressed phase that took place primarily in my Micro Cosmic Orbit.

It was an inverse energy in that the more it intensified the more compressed it became. The MCO had been a spactacular huge flow some 10 inches in core flow and spinning energy out many feet. Then it changed to this incredible hyper compressed flow - and I felt like metal. This is apparently a documented happening in Qi Gong practice as I later encountered a teacher that mentioned it - Bruce Frantzis - I assume it was similar though he did not go into it.

You mention it as "substance" so we are probably not talking about anything similar but a unique aspect to this is that you did not associate a negative with the word choice or awareness of something Black. Bravo to you on that!

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

No, it is during meditation ... but when I woke up in my dreams then this is even more intensified ...   ;)

Jox, that sounds much like I do, it's energy, the energy body or dream body, and it is composed of energy. Not black or white or anything unless you want it to be a colour. The feeling I get in this state is pure joy and ecstasy. There is no other way I could describe it, how do you describe pure ecstasy?

• Like 2

For me personally it would be a vast over simplification to say what my energy body feels like in totality at this point, due to the very different kinds of energy... but to attempt it I would describe overall it as feeling like a "dry vapor" essentially.

But going through as many energetic transformations over this few years has exposed many more permutations than I feel is necessary to share here...

but some of them include a rock like formation shattering to dust that dissipated when I initially broke into the heart center... it was very peculiar and alarming because at the time I had only a couple months of experience in energy work and no real guidance.. but the sensation was unforgettable... could feel every speck of this energetic dirt drain from the center of my chest to the meridians around the body...

I would actually relate to the OP in regards to the plasma like feeling back when I was experimenting with Astral projection... it engulfed my entirely body, and made my heart beat rapidly due to the aforementioned blockage...

these days during my most intense sessions and my Neidan/taiji practice it's mostly strings of electricity on the palms and feet, along with a sense of what feels like is physical light radiating from the heart.

I look forward to what's next, for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

CofW, the energy body sure evokes amazing experiences, but its hard to find words to describe it. I like how you described your heart centre opening, mine was like being electrocuted. I look forward to hearing more of your experiences.

• Like 1

While meditating on specific problem organs I tend to sense a black energy, almost like a clog in the energy flow. This seems to me more in line with what Bearded Dragon suggests than what you describe it as. Other than that, there has been no color association unless I specifically meditate on the colors of the universe. 

In regards to energy which is palpable in the body, there are really only two kinds that concern meditation,

one is Qi that is related to breathing, the other is qi that is related to oxygen.

Breathing of course has two Qi, one being the fresh oxygen taken in on the in breath, one being the dirty air let out on the out breath (this is called "Zhuo Qi" or turbid energy).   Any ancilary sensations you have are either manifestations of something related either to blood circulation (oxygen- co2 exchange, stagnancy, levels of oxygen in the blood and so on) or qi caused by the alchemy of water and fire.   Generally speaking, when you start working on alchemy practice, you will often find that your energy may become sluggish or non reactive, and this can lead to a "turbid" feeling, but that will eventually decrease as energy movement in your meridians increases.  in terms of feelings of lightness, cleanness, or other good feelings, as long as they are not too exciting, generally are a good thing.  Don't get too caught up on replicating experiences, but rather just let them occur.  Some experiences you do have to control, so if you experience something like a deep state of quiet followed by a sudden flash of white light, you should direct your mind back to the dantian and keep it there for as long as possible, even if you feel tired.   There are lots of symptoms of meditation on the consciousness, and some of them are more important than others.  This is why it is important to find a teacher who can guide you through them.

• Like 2

Like a small engine is turning over in first gear in my belly (jerky).  Like a mild geyser is shooting up the back of my torso and putting me off balance in different directions.  Like my legs are live wires that would conduct more if they weren't so tense.  The experience changes with my intention, but that's the best I can describe what my standing practice is like (i don't feel the energy body so much otherwise)

As you might have guessed, I'm rather new to the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so if you experience something like a deep state of quiet followed by a sudden flash of white light, you should direct your mind back to the dantian and keep it there for as long as possible, even if you feel tired. 

Would you indulge me and tell more about this?

• Like 1

I have some interesting experiences lately, how I feel/experience my energy body ...

There are different frequencies ... but sometimes it feels like like black matter plasma or something like that ... it has a substance ... I dont know how to describe it exactly ...  

Does anyone else have similar experience?

You are describing starting to feel energy at the 5th chakra (or begin get upper dantien).

Enjoy :)

• Like 1

I have a different experience.

Black resonating at the upper dan tien? Curious. Rather, I say white. Or, simply colorless.

Conceptually, one can equate white with YANG and black with YIN.

Yin = earth

Yang = heavens

Such concepts of "color" are an illusion (or translation) in the (local) mind. For many, black is translated as the "absence of color" or what you would call colorless. :)

Interesting ... week ago or something ... I did the six directions qi gong  ... 

When I channeled chi to upper dantien I saw violet light ..., then when opened middle dantien the light was red mist ... and in the lower it was from red to black ... 

When I crouch down it was black and then stood up it was green and yellow ... 

I did not try to vizualizate, but I looked trough my third eye and saw those colors ... now because some light goes trough eyelids I cowered may eyes with hands ... then there were blue and green fractals like shapes in the dark space ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is one method I use to feel chi and to precipitate astral travel. It uses the basic chi breathing method into the lower dan tien. I use this method especially when I wake up at night. By adding the cocoon it speeds up the process of leaving my body.

Last night I woke about 2 am, I felt quite awake so decided to do this chi meditation, it goes a bit like this:

I bring my mind into my dan tien, the navel chakra

I breathe in and out until I feel the chi, like heat or like my lungs are inside my abdomen

Next, above my head, I place a ball of light about 12 inches from my crown chakra

About the same distance below the soles of my feet I put another ball of light

I charge these two balls with my chi breathing - I make them glow

I then connect each ball of light with silken threads to form a cocoon of golden light surrounding me

I bring my breath back to my dan tien and breathe until I feel as though I have become a point of light in the centre of my body / cocoon

By this time I might start to lose consciousness and disappear, sometimes I leave my body if I have enough energy (it is all about energy/chi).

I feel chi most intensely when I am in a very deep state of relaxation. 

Last night this is what happened for me: I left my body and found myself flying over an ancient township - somewhere. I remember brilliant vivid colours of the people's clothing laid out to dry on the roof tops but I don't know where it was or when - I didn't really care at the time. I was mesmerised by the colours.

The sensation of astral flying is always incredible, like a whole body electric charge. Kundalini always bursts out through my crown chakra when I do this.

I hope this encourages others to try deep state dan tien meditations. With a lot of practice it could be your stepping stone to astral travel too.

• Like 3

On 10/3/2016 at 5:28 AM, astralc said:

I hope this encourages others to try deep state dan tien meditations. With a lot of practice it could be your stepping stone to astral travel too.

Hi @astralc,

I'm interested in these dan tien meditations. Does one need to do some previous qigong exercise?

You mention some visualization... Some people here seem to be against any sort of visualization. What do you think about that?

Edited by New2Qigong
typo

Hi New2Qi, I suggest that you start with a teacher in tai chi or chi kung who knows what they are talking about. Don't try to do the astral travel stuff or energy stuff, that will just take you all over the place like a dog chasing its tail.

Focus on the basics like movement and breathing, always go back to basics, I do and it has helped in times of stress. Do the basics properly and your body wisdom will take you to the next step, then the next and the next. Trust your instincts but try not to push the energy thing, I've seen too many people blow their minds up trying to move their kundalini before they were ready for it.

As for visualisations, chi is about 'feeling', if you can't feel it physically then it isn't really happening. I guess that might be what people are saying. But at the same time there is nothing wrong with visualisations for certain things.

Above all - enjoy learning. All the best my friend.

• Like 2

I'm always drawn to read other's descriptions of such, yet whenever I'm looking for words to describe it myself, it feels like I'm trying to gather clouds with spider webs.   Oh well... as with the universe... better something than nothing so here goes... :)

No longer experience it as a body of any sort.  No longer distinguish an energetic body of itself, as a thing that is in any way separate from any other.  It's an ever sinking, expanding, unfolding experience.  No matter where I seek, it reveals itself there.

Just as we develop scientific instruments to help us peer beyond the range of 'normal' vision, to look at the nature of reality of the very tiny, or the very far away.  My relationship to the energetic body unfolds ever revealing itself no matter which direction I peer, or with what sense i experience. 

For just as in science, wherever we aim a tool to observe, however deep or expanded we focus, there is always something to observe.... as that is what we do.  It is this way with the 'energetic body'.  Wherever I go, there i am.

So this 'energy body' is not 'a body' any longer.  It expresses as a unified multi-faceted flowing inter-permeative process... all interconnecting with and through all else.

The experience accomodates all senses physical and 'etheric' and seems fluid at some levels, diaphenous and vaporous at others, electrical, magnetic, layered inter-related, inter-flowing process of ever unfoldingness ever inter-relatability.  Certain aspects of it seem to rise to awareness and gain prominence when there are intense shifts in either capacitance, resistance, permeability, permeativity... inertia.  Or when there is a rapid shift in focus from the galactic to the myopic, or vice versa, this shift dominates and hyper focuses conscious awareness for a time and I used to say 'i've just had an experience of my energy body'. 

Now it's all energy... inter/intra-relational flows, emptiness-clarity-bouyancy of varying densities, or varying levels of perception of simply what is, all interconnected/related. 

unfoldingness

in one word, unfoldingness

no matter what level i engage with the process, this unfoldingness word arises

wave moves through water.

water and wave seems all one

wave made of water?

Wave is not water.

A wave moves through the water.

Water is waving.

Ocean waves are not made of water.

The wave is not 'a thing', but a process.

Wave equals observation of motion through water.

A whirlpool in a river.  Is this 'a thing'?

Arising and holding an observable pattern for a time.

A relationship of varying currents and flows, that arises then dissipates.

Energy may be perceived.  Is energy then the perception?

where does the break between one and another arise and fall away.

and here i am again... utterly unsatisfied with words, fun though they may be...

that's the latest attempt.

as I said... clouds with spiderwebs.

Edited by silent thunder
added words, 'ever inter-relatability'.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, silent thunder said:

and here i am again... utterly unsatisfied with words, fun though they may be...

And the less I seek my source for some definitive, the closer I am to fine.  Indigo Girls, Closer to Fine.

Heard these words again and was reminded of many of your posts.

• Like 2